Author Topic: LoLK and ULiL Puppets!  (Read 21426 times)

Offline GlitchyMissingno

• A Member group
    • View Profile
LoLK and ULiL Puppets!
« on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:50 PM »
Does anyone know if someone's already working on puppets for Sumireko Usami and the LoLK characters? If there isn't anyone doing so, I say that we should work together to make them. If you guys think it's a good idea, I'll set up a checklist of things we'll need and start working on it.

9/1/15 Edit: Since it looks like this is taking off, I'm gonna document our ideas and set up a checklist.

Typings:
Spoiler
Sumireko: Reason
Seiran: Beast/Reason, Heart, Beast/Dark or Heart/Grass
Ringo: Beast, Heart, Beast/Dream, Heart/Dream or Heart/Water
Doremy: Heart or Reason
Sagume: Flying/Steel, Faith/Steel, or Faith/Flying
Clownpiece: Heart, Dark/Nature, Flying/Nature, Flying/Fire, Fire/Nature, Fire/Reason, Fire/Heart, or Fire/Dark
Junko: Heart, Heart/Illusion, Dark, Ghost, Dark/Ghost, Ghost/Heart or Fire/Ghost
Hecatia: Faith (Chibi) Faith/Earth (Evolved), Faith/Dark (Evolved), Faith/Heart (Evolved), Heart/Dark, or Earth/Dark
Abilities:
Spoiler
Doremy: Insomnia
Sagume: Levitate (If she doesn't get Flying type)
Clownpiece: Serene Grace/Shadow Tag
Junko: Pure Power or No Guard/Sheer Force
Movesets:
Spoiler
Seiran: Special version of Brick Break?
Ringo: Slack-off?
Doremy: Defensive and Sleep-based moves
Clownpiece: Status-inflicting moves
Junko: Moves like Haze and Rapid Spin
Stat Spreads:
Spoiler
Ringo: Bulky
Doremy: Defensive
Shard Evos:
Spoiler
None yet
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:55:11 PM by GlitchyMissingno »

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
  • Hi! :3
    • View Profile
Re: LoLK and ULiL Puppets!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:53:05 AM »
Well, the main thing that i want to say about this is that Doremy, despite her abilities should not be a Dream-type puppet. Because TPP Dream type is everything but not about dreams and nightmares.

Offline Wrulfang

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
I think I hear the guys of TPDP were doing them on the DLC or something.

I doubt anyone sane would care about editing them into their roms or something.

However we could still being creative and think about them.

Like drewko said, 1.8 dream type is more of a fighting type that anything else. Maybe in TPDP dream type if it was something more that a type so every puppet has a completely neutral move as an starting move.

I would say Clownpiece as dark/nature, with serene grace and access to the most oxonovius moves.
Junko as Heart, or heart/Illusion, with pure power as hability, althought I think it would fit more No guard or Sheer force. Maybe in a 4th gen enviorement, Heart/Illusion with Normalice or No Guard. Like all his spells are pure bullets withoth any special effect, Normalize would make sense on her.

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
Junko could also be a Dark-type because she purify herself and is now divine spirit of her own grudge. Moveset-wise she can use Haze and maybe some kind of Rapid Spin-like signature move? Dark/Ghost or Dark/Heart is the best option imho.

Clownpiece is everything but Dark. Flying/Nature or Flying/Fire with Serene Grace sounds crazy. Heck, too bad that Entertaiment is Gen V move because i could see her with Insanity (This is the name of Hustle in Touhoumon, right?) as secondary ability just to spread... Insanity.

Sagume... Flying/Steel? Faith/Steel? Dunno, her ability is pretty complicated to recreate in gen III so giving her typing based on her look is much better than bullshiting or creating another bland Illusion/Something. Flying/Steel or Faith/Steel with Levitate is the best option.

Hecatia... eh. She could have 3 formes - Earth/Dark, Faith/Dark and umm... ehh... Heart/Dark for Dream World?

Doremy should be defensive Heart-type with Insomia and some sleep-based moves. That's all.

Ringo and Seiran are hardest to think. We realy, REALY don't need another Beast-types. Maybe Ringo could work as bulky Beast-type with Slack-off. Beast/Reason Seiran with signature reason-type brick break could be interesting.

Offline Wrulfang

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 06:35:37 PM »
I said dark/nature, because is a fairy from Hell.

Offline GlitchyMissingno

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »
For Ringo and Seiran, I was thinking that they would be Heart types, but that was just operating off the fact that Reisen, another moon rabbit, was also a Heart type.

Doremy is definitely a tricky one to figure out, but I really liked Drewko's idea.

Sagume and Hecatia should both be Faith types given the fact that they're both Goddesses. I was thinking Faith/Flying for Sagume and (initially) pure Faith for Hecatia. She would gain a secondary typing through her evolutions. Through leveling, she would become Faith/Dark with her Moon form. Through shards, you could get her Earth form (Faith/Earth) or her Dream World form (Faith/Heart?).

While Dark/Nature sounds good for Clownpiece, I personally prefer Fire/Nature.

I think Junko should either be pure Dark, pure Ghost, or Dark/Ghost.

Zak-something

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
I'm pretty badly uninforme on LoLK's characters, but I think Ringo should be part Dream type, since her iirc she eats and gains physical strength from it.
i was thinking Blewi could be Beast/Dark but thats EXACTLY the same typing as the Tewi form that even has the mallet so uh.

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 12:04:09 AM »
Why would Doremy be anything but Dream-type
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline GlitchyMissingno

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 12:19:20 AM »
Why would Doremy be anything but Dream-type
I had the same question initially, but then Drewko and Wrulfang pointed out that TPP's dream-type is really more of a Fighting-type stand-in than anything. Plus, look at Mugetsu and Gengetsu. Neither of them are Dream-types despite the fact that they both created a dream world.

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 02:35:50 AM »
Then again, there are a few weird things with dream that don't act like fighting types at all, like Kotohime, Ellen, CKana, and Koishi. All of those but CKana are also part heart though, so no doubting that Doremy would be heart-typed.

Didn't Junko's bio mention something about being "pure grudge?" I don't want to suggest ANOTHER faith/dark or faith/ghost, but...
I do really support Hecatia getting different types based on shard form, though.

Dark/nature's also something I really support, if only because it only has one rep at this point. (Kazami)

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 12:18:19 PM »
But DARK does not work with image of Trollish, Funny and Silly Fairy. The only "Dark" thing in Clownpiece is that she's from Hell. I think that because of being purified life force DARK does not work with her at all.

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 05:42:53 PM »
But DARK does not work with image of Trollish, Funny and Silly Fairy. The only "Dark" thing in Clownpiece is that she's from Hell. I think that because of being purified life force DARK does not work with her at all.
*Looks at Tewi, Seija, & DYukari* uh...

If you don't want nature/dark, then would mono-nature, nature/faith, or nature/heart work in that case? (nature/faith does sound absurd for a fairy, though.)

Offline andaltmorf

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 07:16:31 AM »
Everything I've seen on Clownpiece suggests Fire/Reason, to be honest.

Fire for the ' 'Murica ' fireworks shenanigans and her torch, Reason because it has SO MANY moves that inflict confusion. It is her job to infuriate people (primarily people from the moon) and drive them (literally!) crazy. So things like Swagger and Will o Wisp and such pain-in-the-neck moves should be at her disposal, to infuriate her enemies, presumably backed up by a fairly good S.Att since she is apparently just as strong as a Kishin/Oni due to being 'refined'.

But that's just my understanding of the matter.
Momiji is a Tengu guard.
Aya is a Tengu civilian.
Guards protect civilians because they're stronger than the civilians, right?

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 02:00:29 AM »
I would say "well fairies are nature by default" but then again Lily White/Black and Cirno both aren't nature-typed. Especially noticeable with Lily White since she has a spring connection and everything and is still not nature-typed. Then again, "pure life force" kind of screams "nature", dosen't it.

Now that you mention fire, that does make sense, but I'd actually suggest heart instead of reason for the same explanation you gave. (since heart tends to deal with psychological stuff, and it's main special STAB (signal beam) is confusion-inducing.
Dark could also work for the whole "infuriating people" part, although good luck not being outclassed by Flandre in that case, especially since I can't see Clownpiece being defensive...

No this is not me reaching for fire/heart after kokoro was denied it shaddup

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
Dunno, Clownpiece just does not scream "Dark" to me. It's too cheerful and not that malicious when you think about this, especially considering that she's pure LIFE force and life is not about dark and evil things.
Fire/Heart seems legit. Will o'Wisp is kind of a trollish move, much like confusion stuff. And she's got a momijitrucking torch in her hand. Quick-and-specially-offensive support/troll with few DARK-, NATURE- and REASON- coverage moves sound cool.