Poll

How important is it to you that Gender symbols are ACTUALLY Yin-Yang Icons?

Very Important! It's part of the game.
2 (20%)
Not That Important, but it'd feel lazy / something would be missing without it.
5 (50%)
Makes little to no difference to me. I still see them as Male & Female. Wouldn't miss the Yin / Yang Icons.
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 19, 2015, 02:19:50 AM

Author Topic: Touhoumon Gaiden [Milestone 1.331]  (Read 77593 times)

Offline SG-Sanae

• A Member group
  • Sanae is a good girl
    • View Profile
Re: Touhoumon Gaiden [Status: Milestone 1 Released]
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »
Lex already stated he'll use a different set of starters - his choices clearly show a lack of playtesting and considering their type matchups.

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
  • Self-Proclaimed Touhoumon Nerd
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 06:03:58 PM »
I still haven't forgotten that this exists. I've been revising the outdated documentation I've made prior to Gaiden's release. Progress has been slow thanks to School, but I'm no longer under the weather.

This is my progress as of Thursday, May 15th, 2014: http://www.firedrive.com/file/EEA3629A140A6E3C

I've combined the Stats and Move / Abilities sheets into one file. The first sheet gives you a quick glance at the available puppets (includes their stat spreads, normal abilities, Effort Values, and Held Items). The second sheet goes into further detail, outlining each puppets' Evolutionary Paths, Level-Up Moveset, TM/HM compatibility, Egg Groups, Egg Moves, Cost, and Catch Rates. As of this version, only Chibi Puppets are covered. All stats posted in this Excel Spreadsheet (and the one that will come with all further updates once it's finished) are current.

You may notice that some Shard Forms you may be expecting are missing from the Evolutions section. That is not a mistake.

On the plus side, you get to look at what the original 1.8 starters can do, since they will be Gaiden's starters upon the next release.

P.S. The files are compressed in .zip format. The Sheets are in .xls and .ods, but their contents are exactly the same. Happy viewing!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:05:29 PM by SoulfulLex »

Offline Vin_Prismriver

• A Member group
  • Touhoumon Kakusei~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »
I've tested the game and I can confirm the lag... I wonder what is caused by, the problem can't be with my laptop...

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »
I've tested the game and I can confirm the lag... I wonder what is caused by, the problem can't be with my laptop...

Route 29's lag was caused by the amount of Headbutt Trees. Since they count as an event not tied to the tileset, too many of them slows down the game. I'll reduce the amount of them for the update.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:57:21 PM by SoulfulLex »

Offline sekibanki

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »
The game's looking good so far, was wondering if you've thought of turn HMs into items like faith and prayer version, and if there's a way to get hidden abilities at the moment.
Also the game crashes when you're given the swimsuit(mystic water) in cherrygrove. Looking forward to future releases.

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
The game's looking good so far, was wondering if you've thought of turn HMs into items like faith and prayer version, and if there's a way to get hidden abilities at the moment.
Also the game crashes when you're given the swimsuit(mystic water) in cherrygrove. Looking forward to future releases.

Regarding the Swimsuit, I forgot to change the item the Fisherman gives you from MYSTICWATER to SWIMSUIT. My apologies.

As for HMs becoming items, I have no plans on doing so for the time being. And as of Milestone 1.25, there is no way of getting any Puppets with Hidden Abilities. Most will be specially given, however, at various points in the game (and as soon as I implement Hidden Grottoes, but that will take a while).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:57:49 PM by SoulfulLex »

Offline sekibanki

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 04:53:56 PM »
After playing around for a bit I found a couple of little bugs,
http://i.imgur.com/UVY2CtE.png you can surf up the coast just bellow goldenrod and get out of the map
http://i.imgur.com/ddkHqLs.png you can walk into the rock on route 36
I can't use the squirt bottle
I can't catch anything in the fairy catching contest
In the Falkner rematch his Tokiko can't attack or use moves.
Hope some of this was helpful.

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »
After playing around for a bit I found a couple of little bugs,
http://i.imgur.com/UVY2CtE.png you can surf up the coast just bellow goldenrod and get out of the map

I intended to have an extra Sea Route on the side of Goldenrod eventually, but I'm not so good with mapping at the moment. I didn't think that the sides would be passable.

http://i.imgur.com/ddkHqLs.png you can walk into the rock on route 36

Route 36 West has a different tileset. One that I was too lazy to do all the pass permissions for. That will be fixed.

I can't use the squirt bottle

I confirmed this in Vanilla Essentials as well. I can't guarantee there'll be a fix. [inspoiler](otherwise, I'll just have her give out the Wailmer Pail)[/inspoiler]

I can't catch anything in the fairy catching contest

Also confirmed in Vanilla Essentials. Interestingly enough, the Safari Zone doesn't work either, so I need to hold off on adding that until there's a fix for it.

In the Falkner rematch his Tokiko can't attack or use moves.

This is a bug with Mirror Move. Any trainer that has a Puppet knowing Mirror Move can't attack at all. The easiest work around is for me to assign a different move for trainers to use.

[inspoiler]...I really need some beta testers besides myself next time.[/inspoiler]

Offline Bea

• A Member group
  • Who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
Ohh, very nice. I saw you mentioning Gaiden in the chat (in your personal message), but I thought it was another Touhou fangame altogether, not a Touhoumon Gen V hack... now that I know it's a Touhoumon hack, I'll be sure to play it eventually. <3

Do you have a website for Gaiden specifically? If not, I'm linking the en.touhouwiki THPP page to your forum thread anyways, as well as to the wiki. You'd better work on it on the holidays and vacation. `-ยด

I think this is a wonderful idea, really. Looking forward to completion!

Offline sekibanki

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 05:19:19 AM »
Some more little things I found.

There are two places on route 32 where you can get out of the map http://i.imgur.com/tY1ij4s.png and http://i.imgur.com/A4OPRVA.png

The interactable touhoumon in union cave didn't go away when I caught it, only when I killed it.

The egg my cTenma laid hatched into an evolved Aya.

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Some more little things I found.

There are two places on route 32 where you can get out of the map http://i.imgur.com/tY1ij4s.png and http://i.imgur.com/A4OPRVA.png

The interactable touhoumon in union cave didn't go away when I caught it, only when I killed it.

The egg my cTenma laid hatched into an evolved Aya.

Funny you should bring up cTenma...

Without the Rock Incense, I intended for her to breed to cAya, but with it she can breed cTenma. Don't worry, she's not the only one I've botched, either.
[inspoiler]Don't get Dyslexia, kids...[/inspoiler]

Route 32 also has an area planned to be added to it, called the Union Sound. It will stretch between Route 32 and Cherrygrove. Needless to say, those rocks are also temporary (and poorly mapped by me).

As for the Fateful Encounter in Union Cave...That'll be a little tricky.

I hope you're not getting the impression that I'm annoyed by how many bugs are being reported. I do appreciate someone taking the time to do so.

Offline sekibanki

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 01:29:22 AM »
I retried catching the union cave touhoumon but this time it did disappear after I caught it.

The guy on route 36E doesn't give you rock smash after getting rid of the invisible touhoumon

Can't walk up the stairs in rainmaker well http://i.imgur.com/VeWUoj1.png

Can't give the tunnel mail to the sleepy guy on route 31

I'm happy to help.

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
Re: Touhoumon Gaiden [Status: Milestone 1.33 Update]
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 08:51:52 PM »
At long last, a minor update that corrected a number of Aesthetic Issues in addition to ADDING A SPEED BUTTON and Yin-Yang Icons. Both are courtesy of DerxwnaKapsyla.

This Milestone still only goes up to Ecruteak City, but there are some new areas to visit in the meanwhile.

As always, if there are any issues / feedback you wish to post, feel free to do so.

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
Re: Touhoumon Gaiden [Status: Milestone 1.331 Update]
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »
Quick Fix: Route 29 was blocked off in 1.33. Please download the latest version. If you also downloaded the Audio Folder, you can just move it to the Game Folder of the fixed version.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
Re: Touhoumon Gaiden [Status: Milestone 1.33 Update]
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:57 AM »
At long last, a minor update that corrected a number of Aesthetic Issues in addition to ADDING A SPEED BUTTON and Yin-Yang Icons. Both are courtesy of DerxwnaKapsyla.

It is my pleasure to be of service
It is time to pick gaiden back up now that it has $SPEED and yell at you later about the maps until you make me the designated map reviewer seriously hit me up when it comes to maps I can hook you up
I do the 2humons in RMXP