Author Topic: Translation "status"  (Read 17977 times)

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
Translation "status"
« on: February 01, 2015, 06:52:50 AM »
Going off a statement from a few days ago:

[08:30] <+Elyk> the story translation needs a check, the NPCs need to be translated, the trainers need to be finished, and then the strings in the exe itself all need to be edited

Everything else? To my knowledge, mostly done. The reason for the radio silence? A few reasons:

* The game's initial hype has worn off on our side
* Translation project hype has worn off due to "soon" being the copy/paste answer to the release date
* There's not really much to show at this point
* Our one translator burned themselves out and moved on

Basically? We could use some help. Don't swing in and drop a generic "I'll see what I can do" statement and do nothing on it, go check out the resources (namely script/talk) and grab some NPC dialog (folders 500~511) and go to town.

Absolute worst case we see restructured google translate on random NPCs, and I personally would rather see untranslated text than that.
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline shurcle

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Translation "status"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 07:19:38 AM »
Has the previous translated assets been update yet?
Too shy to get anything done, sorry.

Offline Elyk

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:19:30 PM »
The release date estimate from me was never "soon" and anyone that you saw posting it was misinformed as to how much work there was left. This is a ~25 hour long game.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »
One month later, let's run over the current state of affairs right now. As it stands, we have managed to contract two people to the project - a translator and an editor, they will be handling the remaining npc files.

Of the 11 NPC folders that exist, 6 of the folders have been done. Considering each folder has roughly 100 files in each, its in the ballpark of 400~600 files translated. The translator and editor have gone on record stating that files should be done in roughly 2 weeks, so around the week of March 15th, but it could take another 4 weeks, putting at the week of March 29th.

We will post more when we know more. Until that time, v1.20 has come out, and we'll probably need to check for anything which was changed between versions.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline Salkasm

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 04:53:48 PM »
I don't want to sound rude or impatient, but is there an update about the translation? Or an information on how the translation is progressing?
I'm thankful for the effort everyone has put in :)

Edit: Ummm guys? Hello?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:43:59 PM by Salkasm »

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »
At the very least they're waiting until 1.31 to do much more, as there's a rather blatant bug in 1.30 that will def. be getting patched.

The bulk of the story has been translated though.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline Salkasm

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
Ok thx for the answer :D

(Blatant Bug?)

Offline Luphoseer

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 05:40:11 PM »
Um...Ahem. Is there a status update for the translation? I've been eagerly checking this nearly every day since the game came out, and I can't get my friends into it until they're able to read it. I was hoping to have a full translation for the game in April.

Edit: Ok, thanks Agastya. Always glad to hear how far along it is.

Edit 2: Oh cool, thanks for the update Derx. I like the names of your drives.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:08:57 PM by Luphoseer »

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 05:48:16 PM »
Um...Ahem. Is there a status update for the translation? I've been eagerly checking this nearly every day since the game came out, and I can't get my friends into it until they're able to read it. I was hoping to have a full translation for the game in April.

Last I heard it was still editing things in the executable file itself, but I'm admittedly a lot further behind on the translation effort than I'd like to admit. I handed a bunch of assets to Elyk a few weeks back (the ones I used in the outdated menu translation) but beyond that, I shamefully have absolutely no idea.

I also took the liberty of cleaning up a little unneeded rudeness. Apologies for that. I'll leave it up to you if you'd like to edit your post a bit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:56:49 PM by Agastya »
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 11:59:49 AM »

Quick status update, trainers are being translated and almost done. Interfaces from the 1.3 update should be handled. We'll be looking further into the executable file at a later date. No ETA on release yet, but it's getting a lot closer. I do apologize for the wait! Things are moving forward a lot more due to ease of convenience stuff existing.

When there's more to report, another post will go up, until then please be patient. Again, I apologize for the delay.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline Salkasm

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »
Wooooo :D really looking forward to this!!

Offline Soul

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
Um, how can i contribute in the translation, i could help translating story dialogs or related stuff, im still not good in jap but i can translate some stuff.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 09:51:36 PM »
I apologize for the very delayed reply, but allow me to respond. All that remains to be translated right now is the strings in the exe file, which require hex editing. We already have one person working on that (or will at some point). We appreciate the offer, but right now there's nothing really left to translate.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline CosmicShadow99

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 10:54:59 AM »
Things have seemed dead in this thread for a little while. Wondering if this has gotten up to ver1.34 or if there are any releases for older game versions.    :rolldice:

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 04:56:40 PM »
Elyk has decided to restart exe translation and develop a tool for it, so we can fit strings in without needing to squeeze them into small limitations. We likely won't be seeing a release until probably 1.4x, or whatever the next build will be.
I do the 2humons in RMXP