Author Topic: The "Uber" tier is back  (Read 4860 times)

Offline EXSariel

• AKA The Jamminstein (as Agastya puts it)
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
The "Uber" tier is back
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:11:40 PM »
For lack of a better name anyways. Defense Satori is now joined by Sendai, Tenma and Speed Aya, the latter two had seen ridiculously high usage over the course of the server's lifetime.

I'm mainly just the messenger as I'm not really intimate with the metagame at the current moment, I'll leave it to Agastya to give a definite explanation as to why this occured. Feel free to discuss this ban and any potential bans/unbans here.
I'm not here.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: The "Uber" tier is back
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »
Oh thank god.

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 12:31:36 AM »
would speed aya still be busted now that Speed Boost works properly in shoddy?

not that I mind her being uber but....

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:32:15 PM »

Yes

Offline Rhetco

• A Member group
  • Waaaaaaahh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 12:15:29 AM »

Pretty much. After all, there's nothing stopping her from using detect to make up for the switch boost she no longer gets.
One day I'll be famous for all the amazing things I've achieved. But until then, I'm going to continue doing absolutely nothing.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Pretty much. After all, there's nothing stopping her from using detect to make up for the switch boost she no longer gets.

140 base speed already speed ties friggin mimi chan S aya can just kill thing and B pass out the speed boost.

Offline Naļ

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/wiki/Category:Banned_from_standard_play

Dunno why I didn't post this here before.

Either way, it has detailed explanations on every single ban, as well as a compilation of most - if not all - of the relevant official information, and it'll be updated accordingly whenever changes are done.

Note that the page was written after the Speed Boost fix. It didn't even account for it, and yet it still explains pretty well how SAya is imbalanced. Well, the users here already said most of it tho :<

Offline EXSariel

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/wiki/Category:Banned_from_standard_play

Dunno why I didn't post this here before.

Either way, it has detailed explanations on every single ban, as well as a compilation of most - if not all - of the relevant official information, and it'll be updated accordingly whenever changes are done.

Note that the page was written after the Speed Boost fix. It didn't even account for it, and yet it still explains pretty well how SAya is imbalanced. Well, the users here already said most of it tho :<

This page is so horrifically opinionated that it kind of disgusts me. Wikipedia actually has a strict rule against this, and I'd like to follow it if at all possible, at least for heavily informational pages like this. I realize it might be hard as it pertains to the metagame, but this could most definitely be improved here.

I'd like to ask you to rewrite that page with that in mind, if not, I will do it myself either in due time, or when you say 'no.'
I'm not here.

Offline Naļ

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »
Ouch. Okay, I'll rewrite it later. Sorry about that.

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
Bullet point list with a short supporting paragraph is probably the way to go here.

Offline Naļ

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 11:34:53 PM »
Eh, did you find it hard to read? I guess there is a lot of text, but the main issue is probably how biased it sounds.
Either way, I'll try to make it cleaner when I rewrite it, too.

Bullet point list probably wouldn't fit, though, even with a supporting paragraph, because I have to actually make arguments to back up every claim. There aren't many hard facts to work with. A list format would probably only work if there were either very few arguments or plenty of facts, which isn't the case.

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 11:41:12 PM »
Eh, did you find it hard to read? I guess there is a lot of text, but the main issue is probably how biased it sounds.
Either way, I'll try to make it cleaner when I rewrite it, too.

Bullet point list probably wouldn't fit, though, even with a supporting paragraph, because I have to actually make arguments to back up every claim. There aren't many hard facts to work with. A list format would probably only work if there were either very few arguments or plenty of facts, which isn't the case.

The format was great, it just needs to be written in a different tone. Try to remain neutral and follow the Wikipedia guidelines in general if we are to follow their style. A simple list should be fine stating generally accepted reasons as to why this puppet is not allowed in standard play, and leave it at that? You and ExS could probably work together on this one. After all, two heads are better than one.
[8:30:13] DoctorSnacks: Are A/TSanae actually good or do people just use them because they're cute? Or Both?
[8:30:23] SupremeExplosion: Shoddy is a reskinned weenie hut juniors

Offline Naļ

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 12:21:24 AM »
implying Exs has both the time and the will to actually work on it
I'll probably just warn Exs once I've finished working on it and have him rate it - then, he can start editing it himself if he's unsatisfied with it, but he'll probably just tell me to go back and work on it again if that's the case.

Really, this is pretty much everything that can be done. That immense wall of text actually takes a lot of time to work on, and I'm not too sure Exs has that kind of time in his hands. Besides, me receiving directions from Exs and the community already counts as two heads working as one for the most part, since I'll report back after any changes.

Mmkay, I'm glad the format was good, then. Hmm, but... maybe I'll try changing it to an "against the ban" and "for the ban" format, eventually concluding every topic with a "for the ban" through argumentation, like in those dissertations people are supposed to learn how to write somewhere? :<

("Dissertation", as in "logical and unbiased". I think I understand what's wrong with the page for the most part, tbh it's pretty embarassing to have made a mistake such as this. I wasn't aware of Wikipedia's NPOV, either.)

Offline EXSariel

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:12 AM »
No one really ever notified me that page on the wiki was changed but that's okay, because I highly approve of the new one. Props for that.
I'm not here.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 06:18:00 AM »
Just noting this cause it should probably be on the wiki page or something and dear god I'm not editing things on there lest Shanks set me on fire with his mind.

AShin = Gen 4 Garchomp++++++++++, probably the single fastest ban we've ever had on shoddy.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:21:54 AM by joshcja »