Author Topic: Your puppets' IVs and natures suck. What do you do?  (Read 6019 times)

Offline AngelG No. 55

• A Member group
  • Where's this fun you speak of?
    • View Profile
Your puppets' IVs and natures suck. What do you do?
« on: January 23, 2016, 12:53:37 PM »
Inspired by my team of fail and suck, I ask all of you this question. Tweaked is far from impossible even with this team, but I can't help but feel dissatisfied with the bad RNG rolld.

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
Re: Your puppets' IVs and natures suck. What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:23:04 PM »

Unnamed dev here, I just ignore it and deal with it unless the mon is under-performing relative to its peers in battle, in which case I replace it.

If it's egregiously bad in the desired stats I might just catch another one but I usually won't bother.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
  • Self-Proclaimed Touhoumon Nerd
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:16:53 PM »
Theoretically, you could just EV train the bad stats to an acceptable level (or max them out), but that can be very time-consuming. That and I'm not sure if there are even any places to EV Train in Tweaked (I'm one of the few that still haven't played it).

Otherwise, I'd just catch another one / reset until I get something acceptable (unless this is a Nuzlocke, in which case EV Train it, deal with it, or use it as fodder at some point).

Zak-something

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 05:21:00 PM »
If you dont mind doing the ingame trades, they tend to have pretty good IVs.
you can get a CElly with nice IVs (perfect hp and Attack, everything else is like an A or B i think except for Special Attack) before the 2nd gym even, if you know what you're doing (Go to Bill, go catch a CParsee in Yamame's cave, go through cave to trade, etc.)

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 06:29:15 PM »
as a nuzlocker, I've learned to live with awful IV rolls. it's only in really, REALLY bad cases where I just dump a puppet into the PC based purely on it's IV's & natures. I posted this in the awful luck thread but this is what I mean when I think something is bad enough to box.

In most cases, you can generally use EV's to patch up any issues your puppets have, IV wise. Unless the hack has disabled EV gain, in which case, uh.. good luck I guess? (I know tweaked does not do this)

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline AngelG No. 55

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 10:04:47 PM »
In most cases, you can generally use EV's to patch up any issues your puppets have
This is all fine and dandy, but WHAT ARE THE EV TRAIN SPOTS IN TWEAKED NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 12:45:17 AM »
That's a pretty good thing to include the readme folder actually, since I kind of had to do that manually for UnNamed. XD

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline AngelG No. 55

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 01:04:32 AM »
That's a pretty good thing to include the readme folder actually, since I kind of had to do that manually for UnNamed. XD
Why don't you post something about them in the thread for your game?

Offline Gensomura

• A Member group
  • Anime Form Elis
    • View Profile
    • Own Wiki Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 05:10:43 PM »
Not give a shit since i don't give a shit about natures and IVs, i'm just a casual player.
Unnamed Team:

TSanae nicknamed Kirito (after the SAO character)
TSuika nicknamed Bowser (after the SMB character)
AKokoro nicknamed Nodoka H. (after the Saki character Nodoka Hanamura)
Tokiko nicknamed Miki Hoshi (after the iDOLM@STER character Miki Hoshii)
Cirno nicknamed SeiBlanny (after own character named Seijou Taiyo and Neptunia character Blanc)
SOkuu nicknamed SeitoriIF (after own character named Seijou Taiyo, Love Live! character named Kotori Minami, and Neptunia character named IF)