Author Topic: Jap touhomon 1.8  (Read 2242 times)

Offline kkcajj

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Jap touhomon 1.8
« on: August 11, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »
Hello,this is my first post, i am not sure how active this fourm is anymore,but if anyone is still willing to spare some knowledge that will be amazing thanx,
anyways i was wondering how to get the Japanese 1.8 version of touhou puppet play. i have got many roms over my time with emulators and played around with touhomon purple,world link and another world (successful patched on all three) but i cant seemed to find the original Japanese patch.so any and all help would be appreciated,(i have what i think is a Japanese patch,but i cant figure how to patch it) and the reason why i want this, would be the Japanese font looks great on pokemon / touhomon bios:D

EDIT: If was a little vague I tried using the download from this site (http://ux.getuploader.com/ningyougekikousiki/) in the case I would have got the patch correctly. i would have modded it with the puppet play soft translation.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:04:47 PM by kkcajj »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: Jap touhomon 1.8
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:08:36 AM »
I believe that is the correct link. In which case you'd be patching it over a clean ROM of the japanese version of fire red.

There's also enhanced, which is the main version with a bunch of side-patches of varying quality added on, which can be found herehttp://animackid.wordpress.com/category/touhou-puppet-play-enhanced/, as well as a decent translation effort agastya made a while back which can be found here:http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/thmn18jpsoft/. Enhanced is ported on a clean english FR ROM while the translation has patching instructions on the page.

Also noting that forum is somewhat active in case you were wondering. XD

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline kkcajj

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »
I believe that is the correct link. In which case you'd be patching it over a clean ROM of the japanese version of fire red.

There's also enhanced, which is the main version with a bunch of side-patches of varying quality added on, which can be found herehttp://animackid.wordpress.com/category/touhou-puppet-play-enhanced/, as well as a decent translation effort agastya made a while back which can be found here:http://lkaexe.supersanctuary.net/thmn18jpsoft/. Enhanced is ported on a clean english FR ROM while the translation has patching instructions on the page.

Also noting that forum is somewhat active in case you were wondering. XD

Oh okay, so this "touhoumon 1.8 enhanced" is it compatible or not with touhoumon purple for I to transfer my touhou's from one hack to another (I know this is possible with touhou world link and another world, also touhou purple and tohou 1.8 soft)(#VBA link)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

also for the 1.8 soft translation hack I need the un translated hack of touhou from the site I previously mention but the problem with that is I cant apply the patch to my "clean (JP) Fire red " whenever I use the winips I get some sort of error also, all the patches/notes are a bundle of letters and symbols which don't make any sense so it comes with no instruction as far as i understand

~~~~
also thankyou ^ ~^

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
  • Self-Proclaimed Touhoumon Nerd
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 02:53:01 AM »
Oh okay, so this "touhoumon 1.8 enhanced" is it compatible or not with touhoumon purple for I to transfer my touhou's from one hack to another (I know this is possible with touhou world link and another world, also touhou purple and tohou 1.8 soft)(#VBA link)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

also for the 1.8 soft translation hack I need the un translated hack of touhou from the site I previously mention but the problem with that is I cant apply the patch to my "clean (JP) Fire red " whenever I use the winips I get some sort of error also, all the patches/notes are a bundle of letters and symbols which don't make any sense so it comes with no instruction as far as i understand

As far as I know, there are some Puppets that are exclusive to Purple (e.g. Magic Stones) and some in Enhanced (e.g. VIVIT). There's also the fact that some puppets may not share the same Dex number between versions. The only real way to find out, in my opinion, is to experiment.

As for the Japanese IPS files, I find it easier to patch them when the computer is in Japanese locale or to  rename the IPS files in English.

Hope that helps.

Offline kkcajj

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as I know, there are some Puppets that are exclusive to Purple (e.g. Magic Stones) and some in Enhanced (e.g. VIVIT). There's also the fact that some puppets may not share the same Dex number between versions. The only real way to find out, in my opinion, is to experiment.

As for the Japanese IPS files, I find it easier to patch them when the computer is in Japanese locale or to  rename the IPS files in English.

Hope that helps.

YES you are a genius,i change the system locale and it works ^~^ but their are three seperate patches and i am not sure what they all do,but i got the mod to work anyways yay!