Author Topic: Unused Puppets  (Read 7487 times)

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Unused Puppets
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:13:44 PM »
I've noticed there are a couple of 1.8 puppets with sprites that are still unused:

Advent Yuyuko
Advent Youmu
Advent Eirin
Kosuzu
Prismrivers
Technical Futo

I figure they could help add some more diversity to Shoddy. What do you guys think?

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: Unused Puppets
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:03:40 PM »
The first 3 and prisimrivers have been kinda used in enhanced version, but I dunno what stat spread to give them. (not to mention that youmu's would be kinda redundant.) and I think someone went on the note that the most kosuzu would get would be recoloring akyuu's shiny pallet. TFuto, however, would be interesting, since we already have alt forms for miko, kokoro, and sukuna.

Speaking of enhanced version, I'm surprised no one's brought up the idea of a "normal" VIVIT puppet. Maybe a fire/steel type with decent special attack and speed, perhaps?

Also, I thought we already had a "some forms you want to happen" thread here: http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:46 PM »
None of these puppets have official stat spreads, and I don't believe EXSariel or Agastya have any plans to make stat spreads for them, but don't quote me on that. I'm going to move this to the creative conundrum in case people want to discuss spreads or ideas.

Spoiler
-The Advents could be interesting. The Ability they would have is essentially Shield Dust, but their spreads would still have to be unique.
-I've introduced a simple idea for Kosuzu a long time ago. She could have a shitty stat spread with a generic move pool and ability, and she could learn Sketch once. I don't think anyone else liked this idea besides me, though.
-I don't see a point in the Prismrivers, mostly because I can't figure out how they'd function differently from other Ghosts. Maybe if they were Mono Ghost with a Kazami-tier stat spread?
-Faith/Fire Futo would be flavourful, I guess.

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:19:37 PM »
-I've introduced a simple idea for Kosuzu a long time ago. She could have a shitty stat spread with a generic move pool and ability, and she could learn Sketch once. I don't think anyone else liked this idea besides me, though.
Oh hai Necturna.

Still, where did you find these "unused sprites"? (other then my guess of "enhanced version".) We have a ton of sprites that we can look up that don't have stat spreads linked to them yet.

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »
Still, where did you find these "unused sprites"? (other then my guess of "enhanced version".) We have a ton of sprites that we can look up that don't have stat spreads linked to them yet.

I found the Advent and T Futo sprites from an official zip by Hemo. I found Kosuzu's sprite from the hack Reimufate. Not sure where Prismriver's sprite is, but I think it exists in enhanced.

EDIT: nvm, found the Prismriver's sprite.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:14:10 PM by chaosakita »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:27 PM »
I dunno about TFuto, but I think he just made the other sprites for fun. There are quite a few sprite he made for fun, actually. (AYoumu in purple version was one such sprite) Also, I think kosuzu's might have been from reimufate. I think they added a few sprites in, if I'm remembering it right.

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 12:26:47 AM »
I dunno about TFuto, but I think he just made the other sprites for fun. There are quite a few sprite he made for fun, actually. (AYoumu in purple version was one such sprite) Also, I think kosuzu's might have been from reimufate. I think they added a few sprites in, if I'm remembering it right.

So we have AYoumu already? Why hasn't she been added to Shoddy yet?

And Kosuzu is from Reimufate, but there's a listing on a patch for the Japanese wiki for her specifically.

Edit: I've actually found the Prismrivers sprite.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:29:05 PM by chaosakita »

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 01:14:59 AM »

So we have AYoumu already? Why hasn't she been added to Shoddy yet?

And Kosuzu is from Reimufate, but there's a listing on a patch for the Japanese wiki for her specifically.

She hasn't been added to Shoddy yet because the AYoumu sprite that's being used in Touhoumon Purple is a "custom uber" that's being used by Steven. Even the X Ubers weren't meant to be added to Shoddy until "things changed."

The A stands for Attack Youmu, not Advent Youmu, (which shouldn't be a big deal since neither of the two really exist). Advent puppets are prefixed by "Ad" in the English versions, and suffixed by "-A" in the Japanese versions.

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »
She hasn't been added to Shoddy yet because the AYoumu sprite that's being used in Touhoumon Purple is a "custom uber" that's being used by Steven. Even the X Ubers weren't meant to be added to Shoddy until "things changed."

The A stands for Attack Youmu, not Advent Youmu, (which shouldn't be a big deal since neither of the two really exist). Advent puppets are prefixed by "Ad" in the English versions, and suffixed by "-A" in the Japanese versions.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Here are some ideas:

AdYoumu - Dream/Steel
AdYuyuko - Steel/Nature
AdEirin - Miasma/Reason or Water/Reason

I figure if TH14 characters can get puppets and so can Maribel/Renko, then why can't characters with actual Hemo sprites?

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 08:30:57 PM »
I get the feeling that giving said sprites their stat spreads would be kind of a "slippery slope" thing, in that we'll just get bogged down with too many extra puppets after a while. even though I feel like 2hu and renko/maribel crossed that line to an extent.

Not to mention that hemo has a TON of sprites like that that he made for fun. somewhere around 30+ sprites. (60+ if you count the chibis as well)

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »
youmu and yuyuko werent even in advent cirno

eirin showed up for one panel of one page

id like to to tfuto at some point but basically i dont want to do anything that involves making puppets if i cant put them in purple and if that were to ever happen you'd see tpatchouli before tfuto
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:52 PM »
id like to to tfuto at some point but basically i dont want to do anything that involves making puppets if i cant put them in purple and if that were to ever happen you'd see tpatchouli before tfuto

Have you had any luck expanding the Emerald Pokedex?

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »
i've had horrible luck with it because people are figuring out how to do it and i'm not going to do it
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline Spyro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 08:04:40 PM »

But hasn't that already happened? As with the case of the DDC Cast and Maribel and Renko?

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 02:14:45 AM »
I'm going to run the assumption that was more EXSariel's decision over Agastya's, since Agastya was initially against the idea of even the X-Triad being on Shoddy to begin with.
I do the 2humons in RMXP