Type: Heart
Ability: Trace
Hp: 95
Atk: 60
Def: 80
SpAtk: 120
SpDf: 85
Spd: 90

Sometimes I think Satori really is hated (T_T), with a respectable 95/80/85 bulk and 120/90 omgsweeper offensive stats alongside monoheart typing, trace, and access to manabeam there's really no other reason that this little mind reader is as underused as she is.

Sub/Cm
Satori @ Salac Berry
Ability: Trace
EV's:252 SpAtk/252 Spd/4 SpDf
Nature: Modest (+ Spatk/- Atk)
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Mana burst
-Signal beam

Usage: After scouting and removing her counters, pop out this adorable little threat on a weak or resisted/immuned (trace <3) special attacker set up and roll over teams. Anyone who's played against this set knows just how terrifying this thing gets with a CM or two under its belt and after triggering salac satori out speeds + speed 140's.

Counters: Monoheart naturally walls manabeam, but monoheart also cant do much to satori unless they're packing energy ball so no worries, priority has to deal with substitute, ditto for status making all of the above checks to satori at best and speed bumps at worst. On the other hand phasers counter satori like no other...unless she's copied gatekeeper/soundproof. Yup, satori can bypass almost all of her counters with the right setup, thankfully she really only gets 1 shot at setting up with a single layer of spikes on the field and needs a few turns to get rolling so feel free to just bum rush her.

Dedicated counters: Ad Meiling, Suika, Physical D Mokou. These 3 are about as close as you get to hard stops to satori.

Support: Satori works well with just about any special hole puncher or thing that makes Yoshika want to roar. Magic stones cover pretty much all of her checks and obviously spikes are useful, wish support is an option for long games because satori lacks recovery but unless your playing against full stall its rarely needed.

Options: Are limited due to recollection being broken on shoddy, you can swap out mana burst for T bolt or ice beam to hit a few annoying mons (Z fairy) but thats about it. If your playing on cart she can run a nice all out attacker+transform set with psycho boost though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:11:32 AM by joshcja »

Offline SG-Sanae

• A Member group
  • Sanae is a good girl
    • View Profile
Re: Satori
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:51:58 PM »
When you're using SubCM, Energy Ball is hardly a threat, as you can just keep putting them up to wait for a miss, take them with the boosted special defense or make it run out of PP. Sara is a threat because of her powerful Mach Punches and a high special bulk that can take a Mana Burst despite the weakness.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »
When you're using SubCM, Energy Ball is hardly a threat, as you can just keep putting them up to wait for a miss, take them with the boosted special defense or make it run out of PP. Sara is a threat because of her powerful Mach Punches and a high special bulk that can take a Mana Burst despite the weakness.

E ball is 100% accurate when used against me >_<. Plus Its not like you can set up on a 120 BP move when the other thing resists both your attacks.

Saras like...the only reason I haven't swapped mana burst for T bolt on the main set since if satori has +1 and a sub she can win against any sara set with 2 layers of spikes up, but just about any team running satori will want to run magic stones (CM wall or bulky hole puncher set) so its kinda a moot point.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:11:58 PM by joshcja »

Offline Naï

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
Lol Satori switching into Yoshika and laughing.

Yeah, SubCM can probably just laugh against Energy Ball... you, on the other hand, can hit them hard despite the resistances if you manage to set up on their face, which is the case for many Heart-types.

She's got decent support options if you don't want to run CM, too, namely Encore and Will-o-Wisp.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »
Lol Satori switching into Yoshika and laughing.

Yeah, SubCM can probably just laugh against Energy Ball... you, on the other hand, can hit them hard despite the resistances if you manage to set up on their face, which is the case for many Heart-types.

She's got decent support options if you don't want to run CM, too, namely Encore and Will-o-Wisp.

T satori gets those as well and has much better bulk.

Offline Naï

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
Hmm, true. Still, Encore remains an option, since TSatori won't really be outspeeding anything.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 05:51:37 PM »
Hmm, true. Still, Encore remains an option, since TSatori won't really be outspeeding anything.

encore/wilo wisp/recollection is pretty powerful on cart

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »
Reisen is another mono-heart that can Sub-CM with much better sweeping stats than Satori, but misses out on the extra bulk/Trace. Choose whatever benefits your team the most, I guess.

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 01:28:16 AM »
Can you be a little clearer on what checks Magic Stones cover?

Counters section in this could use some revising tbh.

PS: Zfairy trolls this set hard even if Satori Switches in on her
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:17:15 AM by shai_LP »

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 01:54:56 AM »

Sans jolly fully invested barrage/Comet punch users satori really has no true counters. Just things she cant set up on. Magic stones sets up on the things satori cant.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:56:40 AM by joshcja »

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 02:21:22 AM »

Sans jolly fully invested barrage/Comet punch users satori really has no true counters. Just things she cant set up on. Magic stones sets up on the things satori cant.

Whoa, hold on.

What?

When did Suika stop being relevant? When did phazing in general stop being relevant?

Modest 252 SpAtk Satori ManaBeam vs. Careful 252 HP/252 SpDef Suika: 22.2% ~ 26.2%

A counter is defined as something that can switch in and force its opponent out (and live to tell the tale).

(Does Roaring count as forcing something out? Lol)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:24:05 AM by DoctorShanks »

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 02:46:35 AM »

Whoa, hold on.

What?

When did Suika stop being relevant? When did phazing in general stop being relevant?

Modest 252 SpAtk Satori ManaBeam vs. Careful 252 HP/252 SpDef Suika: 22.2% ~ 26.2%

A counter is defined as something that can switch in and force its opponent out (and live to tell the tale).

(Does Roaring count as forcing something out? Lol)

>Implying I'm not aware of this

Counters: Monoheart naturally walls manabeam, but monoheart also cant do much to satori unless they're packing energy ball so no worries, priority has to deal with substitute, ditto for status making all of the above checks to satori at best and speedbumps at worst. On the other hand phasers counter satori like no other...unless she's copied gatekeeper/soundproof. Yup, satori can bypass almost all of her counters with the right setup, thankfully she really only gets 1 shot at setting up with a single layer of spikes on the field and needs a few turns to get rolling so feel free to just bum rush her.

^ taken from the OP
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:45:37 AM by joshcja »

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 03:13:43 AM »
I cried when you switched satori in on zfairy

until I realized I had perish song

if I had roar I could have done that too probably

I should do a write-up for it soon.