Author Topic: So my friend found an Emerald randomizer...  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Lord Bob

• A Member group
  • "Well, in my shrine..."
    • View Profile
So my friend found an Emerald randomizer...
« on: December 15, 2012, 02:35:33 AM »
And I decided I'd see if it worked with Agastya's hack, and it does.
I'm thinking of running a Nuzlocke based on it, would anyone be interested?

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
Re: So my friend found an Emerald randomizer...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:32:28 AM »
you will not enjoy an automated randomizer run

anything evolved before its normal evolution level will have its last four tutor moves and a lot of stuff will have counter/mirror coat making leveling a chore

manually randomize with chibis if you want to or dont randomize at all
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 07:07:53 AM »
I'm going to say that a normal randomized run IS enjoyable, but very hard up until you get the surf HM. On my run, I ran a normal randomize, then went in advanced map and changed all of the evolved forms into chibis up until the surf HM was obtained. It takes some work, but I had a lot more fun than with the standard randomized fun.
Also, don't try it on the 1.5-based hacks. not a lot of them get past the early hoenn dex, leading to a LOT of actual pokemon/placeholders showing up/

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline kanade

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:03 AM »
hi i ahve never hear of randomizer run
 what is it can u explain for me for it kinda sound intresting^^

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »
A Randomizer Run, as the title would suggest, is a run done with Random Encounters. It can be done a few ways.
  • People play the game, and on each route they go to, they roll a random number (1 to whatever the end for the pokedex is), and look up a cheat code which corresponds to that number and plug it into their game, effectively giving them that encounter for the route. They do the same thing for the next route. This is how Random Runs normally work
  • They can download Advance Map and edit the encounters of a route manually, but still abiding by the Random Number rule. This saves them the time of having to look up a code which corresponds to the number given.
  • Or someone makes a Randomizer Tool, releases it to the public, and the user downloads it, and it randomizes all the encounters on every route with something random in each slot.
People sometimes do Randomizer Runs after they've beaten the main game a few times, be it regularly or nuzlocking, or sometimes they'll even do a Randomlocke, which is, you guessed it, a Randomizer Nuzlocke.
That would be the basics of a Randomizer Run, I don't believe I forgot anything though.
I do the 2humons in RMXP