Author Topic: Moveset suggestions for my Flandre  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Lord Bob

• A Member group
  • "Well, in my shrine..."
    • View Profile
Moveset suggestions for my Flandre
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »
She's just a standard Flandre, not Attack or Speed. Hasty nature, EV spread of 188 Atk, 64 Sp Atk, and 252 Spd on a friend's suggestion.
He also suggested three physicals plus one special for coverage, but I don't know.
It's not a huge deal right now but I'm kind of looking into using her in the battle frontier

Offline Agastya

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
Re: Moveset suggestions for my Flandre
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »
Run Thrash. It's one of the best Dark moves available, and the move you'll be using most often since it has 150 BP.

From there your (Hustled 80% accurate) options of Physical moves are Brick Break, Fire Punch, Poison Jab, Steel Wing, Strength, Superpower, and Thunderpunch. Your coverage moves should be used only if they will outdamage Thrash.

Breaking it down further with numbers:
Brick Break (75 BP) - Removes screens, but only half as powerful as Thrash
Fire Punch (112.5 BP): Physical Fire STAB
Poison Jab (80 BP): Kills Waters and Natures
Steel Wing (75 BP): Pretty okay neutral move, only really used for other Darks though
Strength (80 BP): Carries a slight chance to raise Attack and hits slightly harder than Brick Break
Superpower (120 BP): The "I hate Steel and Heart types" route, but will force switching out
Thunderpunch (75 BP): Use Poison Jab.

For the special move, the only things I can recommend are Blast Burn and Fire Blast, probably Blast Burn. Flamethrower is also okay if you absolutely do not want to miss. Keep in mind when using Flandre that you will miss important attacks and they will cost you Battle Tower streaks.

Anyway, Thrash/(Dream move)/Poison Jab/Blast Burn is probably what I'd run if I wasn't too afraid of missing every move.
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
Re: Moveset suggestions for my Flandre
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:30:10 PM »
Flandre is a really strange case. She looks like the special version of Attack Flandre or something. However, her ability is useless if you use her solely as a Special attacker, so perhaps a mixed sweeper? But Speed Flandre can do that too... Perhaps Flandre is better in game with higher attacking stats and the reason that you'll probably be out-speeding everything anyway. If we're talking about the Frontier, I don't recommend using Flandre for the same reasons that Agastya gave.