Author Topic: Alternative Form of Communication  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Kinsei

• A Member group
  • The Softest
    • View Profile
    • ViVid Translations
Alternative Form of Communication
« on: January 04, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »
I realize that for some time the people here have been using the Shoddy chat for communication, but it's frustrating for someone like me who does not have immediate access to it to be aware of what's going on aside from the forum; which is apparently behind and missing a nice chunk of said communication, if recent posts are to be believed.

I work, and while at work I can do a lot of translating because of down time, but all of it is done on my phone due to work computers being completely locked down. Unless there's a method to run Shoddy on Android devices, that means I'm effectively cut off from communications for extended periods of time. Even several days ago, when I attempted to get Shoddy running on my computer, it was less than cooperative and I will not have a chance to try again until tomorrow afternoon (5 pm EST).

tl;dr is there not a more mainstream alternative that would work for everyone working on this? IRC? AIM? MSN? Something?

Barring that, if there isn't a project lead, there probably should be, and they should articulate in less uncertain terms what people are doing what on the public forums where information can be accessed by everyone without the need of an outside program. The Statement of Affairs is a good step, but an unnecessarily small one that didn't really say much at its core aside from "We're making good pace, get on the Shoddy chat." Which, you know, I can't.

And I apologize if this sounds overly testy, but you can imagine my frustration at the moment, stuck at work with this as my only outlet of communication.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:31:07 PM by Kinsei »

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
Re: Alternative Form of Communication
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 11:32:04 PM »
irc.rizon.net
#tpdp

lets fucking roll. hopefully we can help stop exs' computer from exploding now.
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline Kinsei

• A Member group
  • The Softest
    • View Profile
    • ViVid Translations
Re: Alternative Form of Communication
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:52:20 AM »
Excellent. Many thanks Agastya.