Author Topic: Ruukoto  (Read 5284 times)

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
Ruukoto
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:34:29 AM »

Ruukoto
Type: Heart/Steel
Abilities:Sturdy
Base Stats:
HP: 50
Atk: 10
Def: 50
Spd: 60
SpAtk: 50
SpDef: 220

Overview
The ultimate life form.

RADIATION WARNING
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy (+SpDef,-Spd)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
IVs: 0 Spd
-Toxic
-Wish
-Detect
-Baton Pass/Memento

On paper, this looks stupidly fun to abuse. As she is one of the best special walls in the game, Ruukoto can actually wall top-tier puppets that for some reason decide not to carry Energy Ball even though they have it available in their move pool. Heart types naturally wall the "Mana Beam" combo, at which point, you can command her to do whatever supportive or suicidal acts you desire. Her offensive stats are fitting for a useless robotic maid, so she can only amount to Toxic stalling at this point. The last slot is a toss up between Memento or Baton Pass. Memento could help one of your real puppets to start a sweep, and then you'd also give Ruukoto the feeling of usefulness. Due to Ruukoto's low speed and her ability to force switches on opposing special attackers, she can "dry pass" to a counter to counter your opponent's Ruukoto counter using Baton Pass (I recommend the latter if you're playing in Standard).

Other Options
Ruukoto has the tendency to buy free turns, so if you want to use her set up Safeguard, then give it a go. Setting up Rain Dance for a team mate (or team) isn't a bad idea either, seeing as it neutralizes one of her weaknesses: Fire.

Counters
She is completely shut down by Taunt users, Substitiute users, and Steel types, the latter of which might want to watch out for Memento, as it could grant free admission for dangerous set-up sweepers like Attack Shou (nothing a little prior Substitute can't fix). Honestly, the first thing I did was CTRL+F for Steel/Dream types, and I found Rinnosuke, who might be able to use Ruukoto as set-up bait. Then again, a whole myriad of things that are immune to/don't mind being Toxic'd or Memento'd could use Ruukoto as set-up bait. Honestly, just plant a strong Physical Attacker with a Super-effective move in front of her face, and she'll flee for her life.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:33:03 PM by DoctorShanks »

Offline GabrielCVS

• A Member group
  • Wishing could actualy draw
    • View Profile
Re: Ruukoto
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »
Brave are the ones tha will use her, you are even braver for this guide
Salute!
When history witnesses a great change, Mima reveals herself, first as an evil spirit. As an evil spirit, she uses her power to rain death upon the land, and then she dies at the hands of Miko. However, after a period of slumber, Mima returns, this time as a great hero.

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
  • Hi! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
She's cute.
Cute puppets > Powerful puppets :<

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
i take back everything bad ive ever said about her and you should too

ruukoto fucking owns

@silver93: I sincerely hate this damn robot D:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:19:20 PM by Agastya »
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline DoctorShanks

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »
Made adjustments to include "dry passing" as a legitimate option. We learn something new each day, I guess.

Offline DoctorShanks

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:42:39 PM »
Updated the Overview to more accurately describe the power of modern Ruukoto.