Author Topic: Help with inserting Touhoumon  (Read 2139 times)

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Help with inserting Touhoumon
« on: September 09, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »
One problem that's getting in the way of me properly starting my hack is not being sure what slots to put my Touhoumon in. My hack is more based off of 1.5, but I find that its Pokedex is incredibly disorganized, and I would like to use something different than 1.8's Pokedex either. While I've mostly figured out dex numbers for the Touhoumons, I'm not sure what index numbers to put each of them in. Here are some problems.
  • Spinda and Unown's slots shouldn't be used because of graphical issues
  • Deoxys and Mew have loyalty problems if not captured the right way (I heard there was a hack to fix this, but I can't seem to find it now)
  • I'm not sure about how to change the location of certain special Pokemon - for example, if I want Genji to replace the Snorlax event, I'm not sure if I need to replace Snorlax's slot with Genji or if there's another way
  • I'm not sure how Fossils work and if I can get them to point to another Pokemon when you revive them
  • Also, moving a Pokemon's dex number doesn't affect anything, does it? For example, if I switch a random Pokemon with#151, it won't have any loyalty problems like Mew does, right?

Does anyone have any general advice for how to do this?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 05:32:08 PM by chaosakita »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: Help with inserting Touhoumon
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:48:16 PM »
First off, unown's slot isn't TOO hard to edit around, from what I know. it's just somewhat tedious. (you'll need to insert the same sprite for every unown form, plus a menu icon for each one as well.) I have alice's alt form in unown's slot in my hack and she works fairly fine. Spinda's slot mainly glitches up with the color pallet. I believe I put CIchirin here, but it is pretty noticeable on her. (her nun robes have random red splotches on it.)
Secondly, I know there is a fix to deoxys and mew's obeyment patterns. (here's for mew: http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-235854.html ; colcolstyles has the correct hex edits you'll need to make). However, deoxys is another can of worms entirely. From what I know, its stats are hard-coded, with the exception of HP, so you can't really edit deoxys without a LOT of knowledge.
About the overworld locations, you CAN set other mons to be in the snorlax spot. FR 1.8 has chibi yukari there, which is in clefairy's slot. This can be done via script editing in AM (or through hex)
Fossils also work normally in the wild. no fuss there. if you want to have another puppet be revived, I think that's also some scripting work.
And I don't think moving the dex numbers really messes with stuff outside of the dex itself.

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »
The Deoxys forme's base stats are in the ROM as half-words instead of bytes for some reason. In FR they resemble the following:

32 00 B4 00 14 00 96 00 B4 00 14 00

I don't remember where they are but you should be able to find them by searching for that string.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »
First off, unown's slot isn't TOO hard to edit around, from what I know. it's just somewhat tedious. (you'll need to insert the same sprite for every unown form, plus a menu icon for each one as well.) I have alice's alt form in unown's slot in my hack and she works fairly fine. Spinda's slot mainly glitches up with the color pallet. I believe I put CIchirin here, but it is pretty noticeable on her. (her nun robes have random red splotches on it.)
Secondly, I know there is a fix to deoxys and mew's obeyment patterns. (here's for mew: http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-235854.html ; colcolstyles has the correct hex edits you'll need to make). However, deoxys is another can of worms entirely. From what I know, its stats are hard-coded, with the exception of HP, so you can't really edit deoxys without a LOT of knowledge.
About the overworld locations, you CAN set other mons to be in the snorlax spot. FR 1.8 has chibi yukari there, which is in clefairy's slot. This can be done via script editing in AM (or through hex)
Fossils also work normally in the wild. no fuss there. if you want to have another puppet be revived, I think that's also some scripting work.
And I don't think moving the dex numbers really messes with stuff outside of the dex itself.

Thanks a lot! I didn't know this. And I found a vague idea of how to change the scripting for the fossils.

The Deoxys forme's base stats are in the ROM as half-words instead of bytes for some reason. In FR they resemble the following:

32 00 B4 00 14 00 96 00 B4 00 14 00

I don't remember where they are but you should be able to find them by searching for that string.

I'm not sure what this means. Could you explain some more?

Offline Spyro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:36 AM »
This is just my preference, but I have a tendency to regard some puppets to pokemon through analogy. If a puppet is going to be a fossil puppet, I'll place
them over the fossil pokemon's slot both for sake of convenience and for sake of reference to the original dex. Same goes for legendaries (Mima, Yuggenmagan,Sariel, etc.) Will go over slots such as Articuno, Raikou, Regirock, Latios etc.