Author Topic: EXS' Newest THPP Hack (that's awful)  (Read 2620 times)

Offline EXSariel

• AKA The Jamminstein (as Agastya puts it)
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
EXS' Newest THPP Hack (that's awful)
« on: August 11, 2012, 03:20:53 AM »
Yep, EXS is making another touhoumon hack. Except this time it's going to be (gasp) original. Kinda like Gensokyo Scenario, the plan is a completely new region along with new opponents, a (somewhat) new plot and otherwise lots of originality. Hah, originality, I crack myself up sometimes you know?

Plot (what plot?):
Sometime in the future, engineering has taken leaps and bounds after the first successful creation of an artificial biological lifeform that had it's own feelings, mind and soul. No homunculi, these new living creatures perfectly simulate a mammalian biosystem without any of the adverse side effects to playing god; the ability to create life had finally been reverse engineered.

Years later, a benevolent company that helped engineer the new human shaped organisms decides to set forth a plan to help wary humans bond and become comfortable with their new guests on earth, by opening a large regional park where many of the lifeforms had been released into the wild. People would move into the park and see for themselves what life will be like in the near future, when the new species, dubbed 'puppets' for their small size, eventually populate a large majority of the world and become a part of the ecosystem.

This being Japan, they had to make it enticing and more attractive to the general public. Being among the most popular franchises at the time, the company breeds the puppets into Touhou look alikes. Eventually, after the doors were opened, people realized that the puppets could be kept as pets, and the bonding was more or less ensured. However, after a while, the company realized that the puppets took on the characteristics of the fictional characters they were bred to look like and began battling each other, both in the wild and in captivity. Instead of trying to prevent this, the company capitalized on it after finding out that combat between two puppets was never necessarily fatal and seemed to be more for sport amongst the new lifeforms.

Thus began the "Puppet Play," a sport where people would capture puppets, befriend them, and battle other people who had captured and befriended their own in a sport that took the park by storm, and even developed it's own league.

You are the park's newest resident, invited by a good friend of your mother's, Professor Redwood and placed into Hakurei Town. Here, you will start your journey into becoming the next "Puppet Play" champion...

I can't believe I just tried to justify the creation of these things

Other things of various importance:
Not much of the hack is done at all. It uses Fire Red as a base (Agastya's version of it to be more specific) and will include the Ten Desires cast and Kasen as new, catchable puppets compared to the official version. There's is a partial world map right now, viewable here. (Warning: Very large image!)

That's about it so far. I'll post more updates as I feel like posting them here.
I'm not here.

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
Re: EXS' Newest THPP Hack (that's awful)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 05:55:55 PM »
This sounds awesome. I'll be following this =)

Offline GabrielCVS

• A Member group
  • Wishing could actualy draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:55:35 PM »
It Looks so good,and has Kasen
Can't wait to play this
When history witnesses a great change, Mima reveals herself, first as an evil spirit. As an evil spirit, she uses her power to rain death upon the land, and then she dies at the hands of Miko. However, after a period of slumber, Mima returns, this time as a great hero.

Offline Feelings2Gensokyo

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »
Sounds interesting. @_@ Though. I still don't know what's going on.
How did I get here again?....
._. I. I don't know.