Author Topic: Problem evolving puppets from Red Heart in 1.812  (Read 1925 times)

Offline kochoumugan

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Problem evolving puppets from Red Heart in 1.812
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »
As stated in the title. My problem is that I can't seem to evolve any compatible chibi puppets with the Red Heart I found in Mt. Moon. I always get to screen when it says "あれ?" and when I press A or B to continue it would only return to the Items screen with the Red Heart still there and my puppets not evolving. I've tried starting anew, re-patching, patching with a different rom but the problem still retains.
Hope you guys can help me find a solution to this.

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: Problem evolving puppets from Red Heart in 1.812
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
The entire evolution problem is because hemo forgot to hex edit something out of regular FR/LG...
namely, that evolutions into post-national dex pokemon are blocked until you get said national dex. in normal FR/LG, this only affects two pokemon (golbat and chansey), but in touhoumon 1.8, every shard evolution bar one (attack keine) is post-national dex.
yeah.... why hemo didn't edit that out is a mystery.
I know there's some hex to change this, but I forget what exactly it is... (and changing it without changing the shard locations leads to silly things like having attack sanae before the second/third rival fight)

*edit* nevermind! found the hex codes!
if you want to fix regular evolutions, go to 0CE91A and change the four bytes to 00 00 14 E0. (this only is needed for the PC98 puppets, if you encounter any)
if you want to fix the stone evolutions, go to 126C4D and change the D9 to an E0. That should fix the problems you are having, but keep in mind that a lot of the shard forms completely destroy the maingame.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:51:50 PM by Neotornado »

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline kochoumugan

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:58 AM »
Thank you very much for clearing that out!  I had thought it was a problem on my side.
As for the hex codes. Am I supposed to go to the address in the Memory Viewer of VBA or some hex editors? I've tried the Memory Viewer and all I see are 0s.

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:15:43 AM »
you'll be needing a hex editor. pressing CTRL-G then inputting 126C4D should take you to where you need to go.

Offline kochoumugan

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 02:50:06 PM »
Sorry for bothering you so much but I can't seem to work it out. I tried going to 126C4D in HxD and saw no D9 around there, only an 21 at 126C4D. I've attached a picture to show you.

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 05:02:36 PM »
oops. that's why, that's how you fix things in an english FR rom, forgot you had the japanese rom... I honestly don't know what you need to change in the japanese rom. sorry about that! Maybe someone else on here knows what the offset to change for the japanese rom?

Offline kochoumugan

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »
Tried editing the english rom, it does get me to to the evolution scene but it just stops there. The result is the Heart gets consumed and no evolution at all.