Author Topic: Types for Marine Benefit  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Sunflorazumarill

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Types for Marine Benefit
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:41:24 AM »
I'm currently working on ideas for Touhoumon X and Y, and I plan to have the characters from Marine Benefit in my ideas. However, I need some help with their types. Note that I'd prefer 1.5 types for these ideas.

Konoha: Normal/Grass
Naruko: Water
Miyo: Ghost
Tsubame: Psychic
Kasumi: Poison/Water
Megumi: Water/Ice
Mikoto: Water/Psychic
Otohime: Dragon/Fairy

Note that for anyone that I already thought up a type for also has ?? listed for them, they don't necessarily have to have a second type, but I'd like some input with this. Also, here's where you can find the Marine Benefit characters.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:21:19 AM by Sunflorazumarill »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: Types for Marine Benefit
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »
Seems about right for regular pokemon.
if I could give suggestions for a few of them... megumi might be pure water, she dosen't really use any ice-ish cards outside of the dance of snow one. Miyo would probably be pure ghost or ghost/water. why the bug typing?

I've actually had some thoughts about 1.8 typings for these gals, actually...
Spoiler
Konoha: grass/beast. stats-wise, definitely a weaker version of mamizou.
naruko: pure water, self-explanatory. dunno about the stats though. maybe speed as the highest stat followed by one of the defense stats?
Miyo: ghost/water. probably an inferior murasa, maybe make her a pure defensive wall? her ability is apparently to "change mass" [inspoiler]Ib4 suika comparisons[/inspoiler]
Tsubame: either pure reason or reason/water. stats would probably be a bulky special attacker.
Kasumi: water/illusion. THAT TYPING IS TOO GOOD TO PASS UP. as for stats... I could imagine a high special defense stat. it'd actually be an excellent counter to a rampaging AMurasa in that sense. [inspoiler](ignoring that nitori already counters it fine)[/inspoiler]
Megumi: water/dream. mainly because of the song title, and she does fight using dances... I could imagine a high speed stat, followed by one of the two attacking stats.
mikoto: water/faith. dunno on the stats, maybe a wall with some special attack?
otohime: illusion/reason. high special attack, learns smokescreen. need I say more? [inspoiler]I get the feeling that if agastya typed this one he'd make it another heart/dream type.[/inspoiler]

Touhoumon 1.8 is kinda lacking in the water-type department, and while it'll never happen, the cast of MB would definitely add a splash of variety to the waters of kanto and hoenn. [inspoiler](and anywhere else that 1.8 touhoumon would take place in)[/inspoiler]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:50:24 AM by Neotornado »

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline Sunflorazumarill

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 02:21:05 AM »
Seems about right for regular pokemon.
if I could give suggestions for a few of them... megumi might be pure water, she dosen't really use any ice-ish cards outside of the dance of snow one. Miyo would probably be pure ghost or ghost/water. why the bug typing?

Actually, only EX Megumi is Water/Ice when it comes to her line. The rest of the line is just Water.

I actually didn't want to make Miyo Ghost/Water because we already have two such lines, Komachi and Murasa. The Bug-type actually comes from that her name means "honey ghost". In fact, I just went and made her a pure Ghost-type.

Offline chaosakita

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:28:35 PM »
Here are types for both 1.5 and 1.8

Konoha: Normal
Naurko: Water
Miyo: Ghost/Water
Tsubame: Psychic/Water
Kasume: Water/Poison
Kasumi: Water/Dark
Mikoto: Water
Otohime: Dragon/Fairy?

Offline Spyro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:39:01 AM »
Konoha: Beast/Illusion or Beast/Dream, with the Illusion/Dream typing referencing her ability to Shapeshift.
Naruko: Water, referencing her ability to call forth whirlpools.
Miyo: Ghost/Water, referencing being a ship phantom similarly to Murasa
Tsubame: Water/Reason, water being her ability to walk on water, reason being her ability to foresee the future.
Kasumi: Water/Illusion, water because she's a clam, illusion because she causes illusions.
Megumi: Water/Dark or Miasma or something, Water being her mermaid species, Dark/Miasma being her ability to control liquids in general.
Mikoto: Faith/Nature, Faith because she's a goddess, Nature because she creates life, however, swapping nature for water for the sake of the theme and because we need more water types wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
Otohime: Pure Dream, Heart/Dream, or Water/Dream for the water theme. Dream because of her ability to manipulate cause and effect, an aspect of reality, which Dream-types are often associated with (Reimu floating out of existence, Seija inverting things, etc.)