Poll

1 + 2 =

X

Author Topic: OU/Standard Threatlist WIP [Open for editing]  (Read 5960 times)

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: OU/Standard Threatlist WIP [Open for editing]
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
Futo's solid but imo her main utility is a physical Faith/Water typing that allows her to check or counter a lot of otherwise horrific things. Her raw power (Even banded) is pretty underwhelming compared to ASanae and she cant bulk like D Suwako. She may make it back though cause torrent priority.

Lyrica has a really nice support move pool with stuff likes spikes status and even phasing, may try to shift her over.

Kikuri/DByakuren/Gengi made the def list simply because we actually struggled to find 50 viable defensive mons. They're an easy cut if anyone can suggest 3 better mons that we haven't used (I guess D Minoriko?)

S Wrigs and Cirno got the cut because they're just really nonthreatening if your prepared for the other mons on the list. S Wrigs may make it back however she's a bit lower on my personal borderline list than things like Luna Child.

My personal "on the list but borderline" things are uh, A Rin, AUtsuho, Hatate, Nitori, S Koishi, S Yorihime, Kikuri, D Byakuren Ad letty, and HSakuya

My "could fit back into the list but borderline" things are, A Luna Child (Support), Futo (offensive), (A)Ran (Offensive), Kana (Defensive), Kazami (support), Koishi (Defensive), D Minoriko (Defensive), Shinki (Defensive), S Wriggle (Offensive), and Tensoku (Defensive)

(Gonna catch flak for a few of these)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:03:21 PM by joshcja »

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
For now the only mon that made it back to the list was Speed Wriggle (Cut S Yorihime for her over S Koishi because shai would murder me if there were less hats on the list)

Anyways the tier reqs as stolen from smogon tiering threads

Threat Index:
A Rank: Reserved for puppets who can sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame with little support, and puppets who can support other Puppets with very little opportunity cost ("free turns"). Also the home of puppets who can easily perform multiple roles effectively, increasing their versatility and unpredictability. If the puppets in this rank have any flaws, those flaws are thoroughly mitigated by their substantial strengths. If there are suspects, they will come from this rank.

B Rank: Reserved for puppets who can sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame, but require some support or have some flaws that prevents them from doing this consistently. Supporting puppets in this rank may give opponents free turns or cannot create free turns easily themselves, but can still do their job most of the time.

C Rank: Reserved for puppets who cannot sweep through or wall significant portions of the metagame, but can properly fulfill a given offensive/defensive niche. Support puppets in this category have flaws that prevent them from doing their job or are setup bait for dangerous sweepers. puppets who are partially outclassed by a puppet in A or S Rank, but are otherwise very dangerous, may also fall into this category.

List what mons you feel into what tiers based on this and shit in this thread, will either go by majority rules (If we get enough people to actually give 2 shits) or I'll just bullshit it.

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »
Here have a few obvious things:

attack flandre, speed flandre, and youki for a rank (where'd s rank go?) for very obvious reasons

Akyuu for B rank- she's sturdy enough to come in on moderate special hits and forcibly incapacitate things, but is very hard to get in against offensive pressure and struggles against lum/sub users

Defense Kaguya for B rank. She never dies (even STAB physical miasma moves need significant kick to cleanly kill if she's defensively invested), has recover and natural cure to stay in the game, hits hard enough to prevent things from just setting up on her, and can even mess up defensive teams with fast taunts. Miasma does force her out though if it's coming from something decently beefy and specially tanky stuff can absorb her hits and advance the game better.

Momiji for B rank- while she is basically mini-salamence with 120 BP STAB Bravers and Dragon Dance, the rise of Rin usage gives her a rough time. Defense Kaguya and Star also act as full stops to her which mandates Miasma team-mates.

Aya for B rank- she's basically fast Forretress with Recover that can also run offense, though both sets have their issues (full hazards is prone to strong attacks/set-up while offense is underwhelming).
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 04:34:29 AM »
SYorihime is probably more solid than Skoishi now that weather sweepers are becoming less common but whatever.

zFairy is obviously C class, Steels, Flying and Miasma are too common for her to be higher, but being able to phase just by being there is pretty powerful on mana/heart/dream people and the like

if AFlan is A-Rank Material, I feel like DAlice can go though too [Both are moderately sturdy and hit hard from their side of the phys/spec spectrum, RNG is an issue for both of them due to Inaccuracy]

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 07:14:32 AM »
SYorihime is probably more solid than Skoishi now that weather sweepers are becoming less common but whatever.

She'll probably get plugged back in over S Koishi

zFairy is obviously C class, Steels, Flying and Miasma are too common for her to be higher, but being able to phase just by being there is pretty powerful on mana/heart/dream people and the like

if AFlan is A-Rank Material, I feel like DAlice can go though too [Both are moderately sturdy and hit hard from their side of the phys/spec spectrum, RNG is an issue for both of them due to Inaccuracy]

A Flan is made of broken glass falling off of a tall building

Was hoping for full lists but w/e I'll sub in S Yorihime tonight and do a quick preliminary tiering

Edit: SYorihime is back, preliminary ratings are done once shai adds the 3 missing mons to def list properly >_>. Feel free to go through and figure out whats in the wrong tier.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:17:33 AM by joshcja »

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20:45 AM »

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile