Author Topic: 1.8/1.812 consistency  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
1.8/1.812 consistency
« on: August 16, 2013, 02:07:01 AM »
hi

i'm really fed up with hearing about these pm arguments from exs and aga

if you want to talk about 1.812 changes can we please do it here where other people can share their opinion

and we don't have people pming gifs and rude walls of text to each other

i want to make it clear i'm not pointing fingers at anybody, and let's keep it civil please

ty
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
Re: 1.8/1.812 consistency
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 03:43:46 AM »
The only thing I can think of to contribute to this topic is:

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a 1.8 meta to go with our current 1.812 meta?"

I can't imagine that it'd be much different, though. We'd lose all of the new trade evolutions. Doesn't seem worth the time to put together another banlist.

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
  • Hi! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:29:51 AM »
Maybe we should add some "expanded" format with all unofficial characters and new ones (ya know, Hata and TH14 stuff, or even some alternate forms for TD puppets).

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 10:00:41 AM »
If this topic exists I guess I better get to work on finding the Learnsets of the TPPE exclusives.
[hard to look through TM/HM compatibility/ Learnset in Aichiya's rom in entry level Rom editing tools]

I think I have their base stats lying around somewhere anyway.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
Snozzberrys are snozzberrys

Offline Naļ

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:08:11 PM »
Quote from: Doesnt
not pointing fingers at anybody
lol

Looks like there's been some discussion as to whether it would be worth it going back to 1.8, but I don't think it is, at all. Losing trade evolutions is a definite no, for example.

What I was thinking about was that some of the ability changes were odd, just that :<

Why are people making a big deal of it when it's supposed to be a PM discussion. I got mad at Agas once for no reason because I had thought he had gotten mad at me for no reason (lol), but other than that there's still nothing to this.

Quote from: Shai
If this topic exists I guess I better get to work on finding the Learnsets of the TPPE exclusives.
[hard to look through TM/HM compatibility/ Learnset in Aichiya's rom in entry level Rom editing tools]

I think I have their base stats lying around somewhere anyway.
That's from the unofficial patches. Although that discussion would probably be related to this one, it is still another discussion entirely.

Quote from: Drewko
Maybe we should add some "expanded" format with all unofficial characters and new ones (ya know, Hata and TH14 stuff, or even some alternate forms for TD puppets).
Same about the unofficial characters. New ones will probably eventually be added by Hemo though.
inb4 gen IV touhoumon

EDIT: meanwhile, in lansat land

Offline EXSariel

• AKA The Jamminstein (as Agastya puts it)
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
There's been constant talks of an "expanded" server with unofficial stuff for a long while, helped by the fact that our 1.5 server was "expanded" in the same way, and further helped by the fact that we have unofficial puppets here on this server as well, burning a hole through the other faithful recreation of the game itself.

Sadly, I don't really have the resources for it, I don't think. If I got a VPS, it would definitely happen, but that's $50+ a month that I can't afford.
I'm not here.

Offline shai_LP

• A Member group
  • aaaaaaaaaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »
Did I hear

DONATION DRIVE?

haha yeah right

I'd be willing to send enough for 4 months worth of demo time if you guys are willing to do the work though