Author Topic: Fairy-type Touhous  (Read 3520 times)

Offline Sunflorazumarill

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Fairy-type Touhous
« on: August 11, 2013, 01:43:37 PM »
As some of you here might know, in the 6th Gen of Pokemon, there's a new Fairy-type. I do plan on putting down ideas for 6th Gen Touhoumon ideas, but I have an idea, and that's some of the lines becoming part Fairy-type. Anyway, here's some of the lines that I think would be Fairy-type:

Cirno: Ice/Fairy (EX Cirno and LW Cirno would still be Ice/Water; Advent Cirno would still be Ice/Steel)
Daichan: Grass/Fairy
LilyWhite: Normal Fairy
LikyBlack: Dark/Fairy
Sunnymilk: Fire/Fairy
Star Sapphire: Water/Fairy
Lunachild: Electric/Fairy
Mystia: Fairy/Flying (goes from Normal/Flying to Fairy/Flying)
EX Tewi: Normal/Fairy?
EX Reisen: Psychic/Fairy?

Can you think of any others that would be Fairy-type?

Offline Naï

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
Re: Fairy-type Touhous
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
Uh... the Fairy-type doesn't really fit in 1.8's type chart, you know.

Besides, there are very few fairies in Touhoumon to begin with: namely, Cirno forms, Daiyousei, both Lilies and the Three Fairies of Light.

I don't think a new typing'd be too exciting if it's limited to only those mons, really, and adding it to anything that's not a fairy (like Mystia) is just plain strange and inconsistent. I mean, why would Mystia be a Fairy-type at all? Just because Pokemon wants to make the Normal type less common?

Unlike in Pokemon, since Touhoumon features actual fairies, if the type happens to be implemented, everyone'll automatically associate it with them, and nobody else. And I don't think that association is wrong at all.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »
Uh... the Fairy-type doesn't really fit in 1.8's type chart, you know.

Besides, there are very few fairies in Touhoumon to begin with: namely, Cirno forms, Daiyousei, both Lilies and the Three Fairies of Light.

I don't think a new typing'd be too exciting if it's limited to only those mons, really, and adding it to anything that's not a fairy (like Mystia) is just plain strange and inconsistent. I mean, why would Mystia be a Fairy-type at all? Just because Pokemon wants to make the Normal type less common?

Unlike in Pokemon, since Touhoumon features actual fairies, if the type happens to be implemented, everyone'll automatically associate it with them, and nobody else. And I don't think that association is wrong at all.

Pretty sure OP was talking about 1.5.

But ya, we has real fairies for fairy typing.

Offline Naï

• A Member group
  • In training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »
Quote from: Josh
Pretty sure OP was talking about 1.5.
Oh, true. But if so, then:

@OP
What's the point in making a gen VI game based on 1.5?...
That's like making a gen IV remake of a gen II game using... gen III mechanics.
It's definitely not impossible, but it IS rather odd.