Author Topic: Help for Human Village Tournament  (Read 4889 times)

Offline YamiYami

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Help for Human Village Tournament
« on: September 29, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
Hi, I am a new member of this forum, and sorry if my English is bad. I have a few questions.
It seems I got stuck in the 20th battle in the tournament. I wonder if it is because I choose wrong puppets for my team?
Any critics are appreciated. Anyway, here is my team :

Assist Hina @ <None>
Ability : Air Cushion
EV : 2 HP, 64 FoDef, 64 Speed
Mark : Green
Moves :
 - Bind Trap
 - Poison Trap
 - Shriek
 - Poison Stream

Power Sagume @ <None>
Ability : Reflect Guard
EV : 2 HP, 64 SpAtk, 64 Speed
Mark : Black
Moves :
 - Mysterious Liquid
 - Ultra High Tone
 - Catastrophe
 - Ruinous Voice

Defense Kokoro @ Dragon Amulet
Ability : Moody
EV : 64 HP, 64 FoDef, 2 Speed
Mark : Blue
Moves :
 - Happiness Dance
 - Fire Snake Spiral
 - Grace of Mana
 - Shinigami Waltz

Defense Kotohime @ Curing Charm
Ability : Moody
EV : 64 HP, 17 FoDef, 49 SpDef
Mark : Blue
Moves :
 - Back-up Plan
 - First Aid
 - Invoke Deity
 - Upbeat / Squall

Speed Sumireko @ <None>
Ability : Invalidate
EV : 6 HP, 10 FoDef, 50 SpAtk, 64 Speed
Mark : Green
Moves :
 - Field Break
 - Impulse
 - Field Shift
 - Decrescendo

Power Mystia @ Iron Will Ribbon
Ability : Up Tempo
EV : 26 HP, 20 FoDef, 64 SpAtk, 20 SpDef
Mark : Black
Moves :
 - Infinite Scales
 - Godspeed Air Raid
 - Supernatural Border
 - <None>

That is all. I don't know how to spread the EV and also I'm a newbie in Pokemon like universe so any helps and opinions would be useful. Thanks.

Offline xMalicious14

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Help for Human Village Tournament
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 03:26:06 PM »
Check this thread out. http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/forum/index.php?topic=657.0

It shows all the opponents you can encounter based on where you're currently at including their puppets and held items, so it's easier to come up with a plan to counter them.

Also check out the metagame discussion page here: http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/forum/index.php?board=17.0

There's builds for puppets there that can help you with this also. I suggest you should invest on getting a Power Aya because she's broken and is a very good sweeper. There's a build for her somewhere in that second link I posted, but I personally would like to give her Black Choker as her held item instead of the one posted there because it prevents her from getting one-shot. My Aya helped me get to Battle 40, but after that it gets very difficult.

Other than that, do some research first with those 2 links I've posted and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Good luck.

Offline YamiYami

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 12:35:54 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply... (^v^)..

I used your advice about using Power Aya, and it worked. I'm now at 25 streak.
Thank you.

By the way, should I use Speed Yumeko too? She also has Salvo and has decent speed (base : 115). I haven't yet see any meta-game thread about her...
I think she does go well with Power Aya.

Spar

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:30:58 PM »
I'd suggest against Speed Yumeko since single types are less adept at sweeping. Aya works because she's got two STAB multi-hits (Twister and Shooting Arts), counters her own weakness with another multi-hit (Godstone Frenzy), and gets the better of the escape moves (Lightning Speed). Yumeko tends to be better with Strategist and just spamming Cruciform, The Ripper or Reversal Sword, then getting out with Changeling anytime something Fire, Fighting, Earth, or Warped shows up.

Offline YamiYami

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »
Thanks for the advice..

So.. it seems Speed Yumeko is not a good option. Better stick with my good old Kotohime and Mystia combo then.

Offline xMalicious14

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 02:47:13 AM »
Also since it's only going to get harder from there... I suggest you use this method of keeping your progress in case you lose your streak.

So what you would do is:

1) Go to the folder where the save file for this game is located in which case for me is....   C:\game\FocasLens\幻想人形演舞-ユメノカケラ-\save

2) Copy the save file and paste it somewhere else on your computer. This will act as a backup.

Now if you lose, just copy the backup save file into the save folder and your streak is back and can make plans for your next attempt. Every 5 wins the game gives you a checkpoint meaning you can choose to leave or continue. At this point leave the tournament and follow the steps above and you should have an easier time with this. So pretty much repeat this process every 5 wins

Offline YamiYami

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:51:16 PM »
Ohh.. I'll try that.... Thanks for the reply..  (^v^)b☆
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:46:34 AM by YamiYami »

Spar

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:08:43 AM »
Thanks for the advice..

So.. it seems Speed Yumeko is not a good option. Better stick with my good old Kotohime and Mystia combo then.
She's by no means a bad option, but there are better options for sweeping. Of the characters I've used Marisa, Gengetsu, Remilia, Tojiko, Rin, Ran, Yorihime and Kagerou all have pretty good sweep capability.