Author Topic: Cheat Engine  (Read 9414 times)

Offline KuroShinki

• A Member group
  • Shinki wants to pat your head :3
    • View Profile
Cheat Engine
« on: February 26, 2017, 11:47:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

I was playing around using Cheat Engine on the game (base + expansion + english patch), and I noticed that CE can't find the correct addresses for the items and money. For example: I wanted to get some Magical Fragments (because farming would be nice, but now with other drops and seems to be low chance), but for whatever reason I can't find the address. I tried searching base, added, decreased, changing values, some memory search...

I've also tried with money, which should be a more specific value, but nothing. Only thing that I managed to do was changing the experience gained after battle.

I can actually use Cheat Engine: I've used it before :)

So yeah: anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? I know that the game can be CE'd, since it states so in the wiki under Reincarnation.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:50:38 AM by KuroShinki »

My favorite videogame is Final Fantasy X (not the remastered garbage).
My favourite anime/manga is Gintama.
My favourite band is Foreground Eclipse
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLMpzqHXnvwXvVDUBB7EPyQ
Overwatch (PC): KuroShinki

Offline jimbob

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Cheat Engine
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:14:14 PM »
Its rather difficult to find but I made a guide ages ago and Ill add it here, warning it maybe confusing because I am horrible at explaining things.

For PP: Search for 2 byte values then use a PP point, after using a PP point update the value then click next scan.
Find the address containing the PP value then change it to 999.

For purchased items: Search for a single byte value then purchase a item of choice or discard it, then next scan to find the
changed value then change it to 255.

For items in bag with a Qty of at least 3: Search for a Single byte value of eg. 3 then discard 1 of the item, then next scan for value eg. 2 and look for a green active memory address or if you didn't next scan, search for 2 in the large list of address values and change it to 255.

For money: Search for 1 or 2 byte values then purchase or sell a item. After purchasing scan for the new money value
then change it to 4 bytes then put 999,999,999 or your desired value.
Note: 1 byte values work best, once you find the value you can change it to 4 bytes.

For EXP: Search for the EXP value before a fight using all values, then at the result screen add the EXP gained to
the original scan then hit next scan.
Find the green addresses with :1 or :2 at the end, change them to 4 bytes then put 999,999,999 as the new value,
then exit the result screen.
You can also directly search the value using 2 bytes before a fight.

Make sure to save and backup before and after making the changes.

If in doubt use byte but 2 bytes works just as well.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:18:51 PM by jimbob »

Offline KuroShinki

• A Member group
  • Shinki wants to pat your head :3
    • View Profile
Re: Cheat Engine
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »
I'm trying all of this now, thanks!

This will be useful to learn how to use CE better :)

My favorite videogame is Final Fantasy X (not the remastered garbage).
My favourite anime/manga is Gintama.
My favourite band is Foreground Eclipse
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLMpzqHXnvwXvVDUBB7EPyQ
Overwatch (PC): KuroShinki