Poll

Would you use a matchmaking server for TPDP?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: TPDP Bridge matchmaking server v1.0.1 [status: defunct]  (Read 12760 times)

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
Re: TPDP Bridge matchmaking server v1.0.1 [status: up]
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 03:41:17 AM »
We actually have an 'Official' save editor now, produced by someone on the team- or rather, we've had one for a while. http://tpdp.dabomstew.com/saveeditor is the link to it, it works with both Base 1.34 and the current build of Shard of Dreams.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline PhantomPilot

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 06:03:46 AM »
I see. well then i guess it's time to wrap this project up. not much point now that SoD has a translation and you can just use match codes.

server will remain up for the rest of this month, then i'll take it offline.
repos will remain on the off-chance anyone wants them for something
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:41:17 AM by PhantomPilot »

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 11:52:20 PM »
I think that keeping the bridge might be a good idea? You should hop on by the Discord server and see what the others think! That being said, people still play Base 1.34 from time to time, even with the SoD translation. So there may still be a use for it? People don't seem to wanna touch SoD until story is translated, and I can assure you, that won't be done for a Long While.
Honestly I... haven't kept up with the Shard of Dreams netplay scene at all, so I don't know anything about it, so beyond my very weak opinion, I can't be of much use here.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline PhantomPilot

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 07:33:13 AM »
i'd be happy to keep it running if people actually used it. but we've already had forum posts about how it's always empty, and a quick grep through the debug logs seems to verify this.
clearly it's just not very useful. maybe my view is just too narrow because i don't use discord, and that seems to be where everything happens. i don't know.

but it'll still be up for the rest of this month. if it magically becomes useful during that time, i can keep hosting it.

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 04:43:05 PM »
I have never seen anyone over the bridge and eventually gave up trying to find opponents there.
I'd really like to find opponents though.

Offline Zelph

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 10:56:42 AM »
Same here.I sometimes logged in but never encountered people.Its probably due to the fact that actually there is not enough people owning/knowing about the game?

I believe lot of pokemon/anime's lover would probably try this game if they known about it,but unlike most of hardcore touhoufan,they are not aware about Touhou Puppet dance Performance.
And even if they do,they probably dont know about the TPDP Bridge matchmaking.

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:31 PM »
Same here.I sometimes logged in but never encountered people.Its probably due to the fact that actually there is not enough people owning/knowing about the game?

I believe lot of pokemon/anime's lover would probably try this game if they known about it,but unlike most of hardcore touhoufan,they are not aware about Touhou Puppet dance Performance.
And even if they do,they probably dont know about the TPDP Bridge matchmaking.

I did my job regarding FR communities. However, I will admit that I don't think many people will actually try the game if they have to buy it and I'm prick enough in order not to give them a free download.