Author Topic: Any idea as to how to calculate Clearing Mist's power?  (Read 973 times)

Offline ShadowWolfTJC

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Any idea as to how to calculate Clearing Mist's power?
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:03:11 PM »
I've thought about using that move with a Cost 90 Puppet, but I'm uncertain how exactly powerful it will be. Will it generally be more powerful than, say, Tumble Plant when used by a low-cost Puppet?

Offline gamercal

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea as to how to calculate Clearing Mist's power?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:36:21 PM »
Despite what its description says, Clearing Mist actually follows the exact same formula as Tumble Plant. I tried the two moves out using Kosuzu on wild Byakuren Puppets in the Hakurei Cave (neutral to both), and then against Yuki puppets in Makai (resists both). Not the most scientific of tests, but if there was a big difference in power it would show up here, especially against Bya. Both moves did pretty much identical damage to both puppets.

I also tried it out with a Lv 70 Suwako against a handful of different Steel-weak Lv 70 Wilds - Chen took ~70% from it, whereas PMarisa and SIku (same cost, different defences) were easily OHKO'd. So yeah, the move should work out quite well regardless of who is using it.

Offline ShadowWolfTJC

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea as to how to calculate Clearing Mist's power?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
Did you have any other moves, both strong and weak, to compare Clearing Mist to, like, say, Yin/Yang Energy, or any of the elemental javelins? Also, did you try testing it against Puppets that are resistant to Steel Type moves?