Author Topic: Problems with the new game  (Read 3819 times)

Offline RaijinBolt

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Problems with the new game
« on: January 07, 2016, 10:25:06 PM »
Okay so I guessed the best place to get help would be the forums that translated the first game but as the title suggests I am having problems with the recent release that I purchased. Everytime I try to boot up the game an error box thats all in japanese pops up and I'm unable to play the game I don't know Japanese so any help in telling me what the error message says and any possible fixes will be greatly appreciated

Offline kurakurapalu

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with the new game
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 05:07:29 AM »
which game is it ? the original or shard of dream ?
it's mention something about not finding shit-moon-rune-cant-read
it's asking you to run "fantasy doll embu" to confirm whether it is installed or something like that

credit:
online ocr
google translate

Offline jester147

• A Member group
  • Touhou, Pokemon, RPG, Rhythm Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:26:50 AM »
Seems you don't have the first game.

To play the newly released version, you need to install the first version first. The game refused to run otherwise and I think the error is the result of that.

So go get the first installation in some form.

Offline RaijinBolt

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 01:21:37 PM »
which game is it ? the original or shard of dream ?

It's Shard of Dream

Seems you don't have the first game.

To play the newly released version, you need to install the first version first. The game refused to run otherwise and I think the error is the result of that.

So go get the first installation in some form.

I do have the first game installed so I'm a little confused as to why it's not working if it's asking for that. although I did move the folder to another location to save space would that of caused any compatability issues?

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 04:47:22 PM »
although I did move the folder to another location to save space would that of caused any compatability issues?

I'm pretty sure that's what caused it.  Try moving it back to where it was and see if that works.

Offline RaijinBolt

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 11:52:14 PM »
Hmm well returning the folder didn't work I decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it and see if that worked and still nothing so i'm really confused now

Offline chipmuke

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 10:47:26 PM »
I am having problems with the game when I start it up it's just a black screen there's still music playing but I can't see anything do you know how to fix that?