Author Topic: Game is starting in fullscreen and then crashing  (Read 860 times)

Offline okuudere

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Game is starting in fullscreen and then crashing
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
Just purchased my copy this morning and updated to 1.34 w/english patch, and it was running fine until I restarted my PC. Now, it always starts in fullscreen, does not play audio, does not appear to accept any inputs from my keyboard (it just plays the intro clip) and eventually crashes.

I've been having a great time with this and I'm very frustrated, though I haven't tried reinstalling yet - will copying my save data folder before reinstalling preserve my data?

Offline Sandile24

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Game is starting in fullscreen and then crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »
Ouch...I had this problem too. Unfortunately, I had no way to save my data. Meaning, I had to uninstall the game and re-install it. I wish I could be of more help, but the only fix I can think of is...Well, reinstalling TPDP. If someone else knows how to save your save file, they could pitch in.

Offline okuudere

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 07:00:15 PM »
Well, the game seems to start fine if I delete the entire directory and reinstall, without any updates or patches. Will report back if I can get it back to where I had it before.

Offline okuudere

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »
Alright, so I've got it working again. If I had to hazard a guess as to what happened; my save data got corrupted, somehow. It runs fine on a new save but if I try to drag my old file back into the save folder I get the same problems as before. Hm.

Offline Sandile24

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 11:44:03 PM »
Alright, so I've got it working again. If I had to hazard a guess as to what happened; my save data got corrupted, somehow. It runs fine on a new save but if I try to drag my old file back into the save folder I get the same problems as before. Hm.
It does sound like that's the case. It's good you got it working, though!