Author Topic: Discussion Thread: DLC to come at Comiket 89?  (Read 20334 times)

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
Discussion Thread: DLC to come at Comiket 89?
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:17:21 PM »
WARNING: THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE UNRELEASED DLC BASED ON INFORMATION WE GET. IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN UNSPOILED, PLEASE LEAVE THE THREAD.

So earlier today we discovered a tweet from someone at Comiket 88 that may lend credence to the idea of there being a Massive Content Update DLC patch for Touhou Puppet Dance Performance. The tweet had the following photo attached to it.

Running this photo by some people who could rough out what it was saying, we have learned a few new things.
  • Sumireko is present in one of the screenshots, meaning we will have puppets from Urban Legend in Limbo and likely Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom in the newest release.
  • According to the image, there will be a three new Styles to shift into, as well as a new type (Rough translation of the new type comes out to something like Chaos if I remember right.
  • There will be new events across the game, as well as new locations to travel to. perhaps we might get to see some unused content get used?
  • A puppet is following behind the player in a screenshot? Perhaps we might have puppets following you in the C89 build?

Feel free to use this thread as a place to discuss what you'd like to see in the C89 build of TPDP, or if you're able to translate Japanese feel free to offer your skills in giving us a proper translation of what this image says.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:21:05 PM by DerxwnaKapsyla »
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline ZXNova

• A Member group
  • Life is an explosion!
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion Thread: DLC to come at Comiket 89?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 11:15:11 PM »
There are currently 354 puppets in TPDP excluding Hakutaku, and in the post it mentioned there will be 118 new puppets...

354 + 118 = 472

And since it also mentioned there will be new styles, I assumed that all the current puppets will be getting one new style. Since all puppets have at least 3 forms, that means they would have four.

354 / 3 = 118

118 total touhou characters in the game.

So with 4 forms it becomes...

118 x 4 = 472

So that would mean the 118 new puppets are actually new forms for the current puppets. Which would mean the new characters that will likely be added aren't being accounted for atm.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:42:44 AM »
According to a second translation we received, there will not be three new style changes, but just one. This new style change is apparently called Extra. No further details are known about it. Also the Kokoro screen shot is apparently part of a new battle style, which is sorta like Hopeless Masquerade somehow? We presume it'll be something like the Battle Tower, but until we can get a more clear screenshot (and more information), nothing is solid.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
We now have a proper upload of the pamphlet released at Comiket 88.

Also in the news department, Hemo and the FoLens crew had a stream today that talked about the upcoming DLC to be released at C89, as well as the Gaiden side story. Gaiden was confirmed to be released around September, so we can probably expect to see it somewhere around then. Until that point, we know nothing about it. As for the DLC, we have more of the same revealed, but a little information that wasn't covered before:
Warning, this list contains spoilers, so open at your own risk.

Spoiler
  • The concept of Puppets following the player is now confirmed - this was shown with a Seija Puppet. It probably takes the first Puppet in your party and has it follow behind you.
  • Talk sprites now have different facial expressions, this was shown off with a string of Dialogue from a Youmu event where she changed her facial expression several times.
  • We also have confirmation that the door in the Myouren Graveyard Cave is now unlocked, and leads to the tower which we can only presume is the entrance to the Taoists's Mausoleum.
  • Two new puppets were shown in this stream - a Doremy Sweet Puppet and a Sumireko Usami Puppet. Not shown as ingame, later in the stream Hemo was working on talk sprites and battle sprites for Hecatia Lapislazuli, Clownpiece, and Sagume Kishin, so it's safe to assume they'll be somewhere in the game as well.
  • The "Extra" style has been confirmed, and we now know that Seija is one of the Puppets who can get this Style.
  • On that topic, Seija's Extra style also has the new type, and was observed to have several new moves which used this type as well.
A video of part of today's stream can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6O1ZNrZQ6Q
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:25:39 PM by DerxwnaKapsyla »
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline CrucialTwinz

• A Member group
  • Kappa Science Engineering
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:47:18 AM »
VIDEO GAMES. Will you guys need another "how to" for this one? Probably not right?
*insert flavor text here*

Skype, Steam, PSN is all the same: CrucialTwinz
Add me so we can game friends!

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 09:53:36 AM »
I will not be surprised if EVERYONE can use "Extra"

Offline Paradarx

• A Member group
  • Don't ever wag your finger at a hungry Youkai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 12:09:14 AM »
Is Extra mostly going to be where it affects the entire battle itself, like not only puppets but game mechanics and the stage? (Also I can see EX bosses having an Extra mode in this too. I mean, come on, it clearly should be and seems obvious if you think about it.)
Wan Wan in the streets...
Awoo~~ Awoo~~ under the sheets!

Offline Sandile24

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 11:31:04 PM »
Oh, this looks interesting! I hope it gives as many options for battle as I'm hoping it does! Which is, put simply...Enough to fill Yuyuko. I'm looking forward to it, either way!

Offline KuroShinki

• A Member group
  • Shinki wants to pat your head :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 09:14:55 AM »
So, the ETA is 30th December, right? Looking forward to replay this game :)

My favorite videogame is Final Fantasy X (not the remastered garbage).
My favourite anime/manga is Gintama.
My favourite band is Foreground Eclipse
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLMpzqHXnvwXvVDUBB7EPyQ
Overwatch (PC): KuroShinki

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:26 PM »
So from today's stream, we've learned several new things about the expansion to be released.
  • Firstly, the name of the game is changing. It's now Gensou Ningyou Enbu: Yume no Kakera. This translates to Dream Shard/Dream Fragment/Shard of Dreams.
  • We've also learned that a new held item will exist, also called the Dream Shard, with the description that it "raises all stats of a Unique puppet". What that means is to be determined.
  • Hecatia has a form change ability of some kind, roughly translating to "Three Forms, One Body".
  • The Wedding Dress costumes have been added in this update.
  • Doremy Sweet is an interactable NPC in what we believe is the Dream World. Perhaps we'll be heading to the Moon in this update as well?
  • The splash screen has been modified slightly, and has added the Shining Needle Castle, as well as the Moon.
  • The entire opening video has been changed, along with the music played there as well as for the splash screen.
  • Judging by the little we got to see, several maps have been altered drastically.
  • Renko and Maribel were removed from the Outside World Hakurie Shrine, and Sumireko was placed there instead.
  • Reimu makes her first appearance at the Hakurei Shrine while Sanae and Marisa are there, and the Marisa battle was moved to outside the Shrine.
  • Before you leave the Human Village after dealing with Cirno and her friends, Akyuu takes you up to Suzunaan where you talk with Kosuzu, and Disguised!Mamizou appears shortly after.
  • The Netherworld seems to be explorable this time around, as there is an interaction with Youmu in what appears to be the Netherworld.
  • A purple terrain effect. No information on what it does yet.
  • Oh. and Flandre is finally intractable.
There's probably a few things I forgot to list that we learned but this is a pretty decent list of the changes/additions we can expect.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline KuroShinki

• A Member group
  • Shinki wants to pat your head :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 10:45:58 AM »
I was wondering one thing:

When the next patch will come out, will it be compatible with the current patch savegame? I would like to play this game more, but I'm afraid my savegame will be useless.

My favorite videogame is Final Fantasy X (not the remastered garbage).
My favourite anime/manga is Gintama.
My favourite band is Foreground Eclipse
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLMpzqHXnvwXvVDUBB7EPyQ
Overwatch (PC): KuroShinki

Offline KogasaHoujuu

• A Member group
  • Waiting patiently for Ringo-chan :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 07:13:50 PM »
Some many images were posted around twitter and a new site was launched 5th December, it also has many screenshots (I notice some important things very late ;_;).
http://www.fo-lens.net/enbu_ap/
First the twitter images:

Now the site images:

Some many important things are shown in the site and in the screenshots:
  • Windows 10 compability.
  • Yumemi in an event that seems like the Battle Dome (?).
  • Sumireko showing a new spread attack.
  • Ringo in-game sprite, she'll probably have a Puppet battle.
If someone can translate what it says in the twitter screenshots for more info, it would be appreciated. :3

Offline KegMinami

• A Member group
  • Seiran gets a No-Scope
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 12:15:59 AM »
  • Yumemi in an event that seems like the Battle Dome (?).
My guess is that festival stand/thing is going to be like the PWT from B2/W2. That's just based on what I've seen of it, as both Kokoro (as seen in that first post) and Mima (shown in the intro/trailer) seem to appear there as well.

Also, does anyone have any ideas as to what the new type could be? I thought it would be something like Psychic, since I could understand if Sumireko, and even Extra Seija got it. But now that Extra Remilia's got that type, I'm not so sure anymore.
Girls are thinking of something clever. Please wait warmly until they are finished...

Offline flancrust

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:02 AM »
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=yci5c9o4sux9pa1gajmuooqm&page=5234#130826

Discussion and some information from the trial.   

To note:   
  • The shrine now has Sumireko sleeping on the bench, no more Renko/Merry
  • Starter is now all-S
  • Starter starts with a new item: Dream Fragment
  • New area in upper-left of village, blocked off
  • New type: Distortion
  • Copying the TVTropes forum post here:" the plot seems to diverge after beating Rumia. Instead of Akyuu telling you to go ask Alice, she shows you to Kosuzu's house and we're set on a quest to gather youma books that might tell us something about the puppets. Mamizou sneaks you out of the village (normally they're blocked and Akyuu gives you permission, here it's Mamizou in an Akyuu disguise), but that's where the demo ends."

Offline KegMinami

• A Member group
  • Seiran gets a No-Scope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
Well, that certainly answers quite a few of my questions.

Also, DOREMY'S A DREAM TYPE?!
Here's hoping Hemo adds better moves than Yin/Yang Energy for her.
Girls are thinking of something clever. Please wait warmly until they are finished...