Author Topic: I can't read Japanese! Where to go?  (Read 14644 times)

Offline PeachSparkle

• A Member group
  • I don't read Japanese *^*
    • View Profile
I can't read Japanese! Where to go?
« on: January 06, 2015, 05:26:57 AM »
I defeated the SDM group (except for Flandre i spent chasing for hours is she even possible to battle?)
So based on reddevils500b play i guess i go to Moriya Shrine and do the path there? The problem is I cant find that place, I can only find Myouren Temple/Shrine.
I cant read japanese so it is very hard to know where to go.So i depend on videos and others experience go ahead call me a noob but I really just want to finish and enjoy this game even if it gets spoiled .Please tell me where to go :)

Offline sekibanki

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: I can't read Japanese! Where to go?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 06:05:41 AM »
There's a path going west from misty lake, just follow it up the mountain. And as far as I know you can't actually talk to Flandre.

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:58:35 PM »
Now I'm lost as well.

I've got 1.01 and I got the 'Gap Map' from Chen, if that's what it's actually called, but I don't know where to go next.

I did notice, however, that Yukari vanished from Akyuu's house.

Offline krawky398

• A Member group
  • robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
If you've got the Gap Map, you're gonna wanna warp to the center on Route 1 and look for smashable rocks somewhere to the right. That should take you to route 2 and to your next destination.
That one stumped me too, because I didn't know there were two smashable rocks on that route.

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »
Thanks.  Had to gap back and heal a few times, but I made it through.

But Parsee and Yuugi at the end... I was almost a gonner against them >_<

Well, let's see if I can wreck Satori-Sama with Ren-Chan (Speed Renko)

Offline Mollymeit

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 04:07:02 PM »
Where do I need to go? I'm in Forest of Magic. I already talked to Alice. What do I need to do now?

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
Back to Rinnosuke for the bike!

After that, talk to Akyuu and then take the path on the bottom of the human village.

There's another topic on this forum that will help with the bamboo forest if you need it.

Offline Mollymeit

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
Ah, thank you very much!
Now I will finally move faster!

Offline PeachSparkle

• A Member group
  • I don't read Japanese *^*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 12:28:17 AM »
I found the Moriya Shrine without the Gap Map , I was running 1.10 I just walked around and stumbled into Moriya Shrine

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 06:53:29 AM »
So I finally found Utsuho and then battled through to Medicine and beat her.

So... now what?

Nevermind I realized that there was a path I couldn't access untilI got to that point.

So now I've made it all the way to the Reimu battle in the area you get your starter.  Only one problem...

I CAN'T KILL HER GOD **** REIMU PUPPPET!!!

I noticed that her ability only activates when she lands a hit, but here's the problem.

My stop inducer and the puppet who deals the most damage are NOT the same puppet.  AND SHE ONE-SHOTS THE PUPPET THAT DEALS THE MOST DAMAGE!

Can anyone reccomend a strategy to use?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:01:17 AM by FlareKyn »

Offline Aphid

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 10:27:35 AM »
There's a number of things you can do to get the Remu puppet. If i'm correct, Reimu should have some level 60-68 ish puppets, the highest levelled one is Reimu.

Now what you want to do depends on your stance towards these games in general, I need some more information. If you just want to clear Reimu, no restrictions to gameplay, you can simply try to outspeed the Reimu puppet by grinding some levels. Make sure you have a 'sound'-type attack on your anti-reimu puppet. When it comes in, sacrifice your current puppet to it, and bring in your counter. You outspeed Reimu and OHKO with basically any sound move if it's the power variant due to the 4x weakness. As you're high enough level, the Def variant shouldn't be able to KO you back anyway (don't get damage on your sound puppet!). As a note: I used a speed Miko (didn't have Byakuren yet) at this point in the game which came as some nice help against reimu. Now if you want to beat her more 'fairly' by using puppets of the level you should be when facing her (about 50-65 depending on the 'cost' of your puppets and how early you filled out your team), you'll have to have a decent setup for it.

There's many strategies you can do: There's plenty of puppets that can just wall a Reimu, a few stand out:
- DYuuka can hit back hard with After Move, and anything a Reimu form does to her is low damage due to massive FDef.
- DLunasa can switch in to PReimu, tank a second hit, and KO back.
- DKanako, DKotohime and HEirin can stall a Reimu easily in several ways
- Any ghost type can switch in to her Fighting moves.
- Any void type can switch into her Illusion moves.

And there's stuff that's dangerous to her, like:
- PMystia walls fighting moves, and is fast and has STAB sound attacks. She will outspeed after a turn or two as well with Up Tempo.
- AMerlin can also have STAB sound attacks at somewhat less power, and completely blocks Fighting attacks, which you can draw out using a trick detailed below.
- SMiko has a nice typing against Reimu and can hit her with Sound attacks. Also has Up Tempo which means after 1 turn you outspeed Reimu almost guaranteed.
- SYatsuhashi has Resounding Spirit, which means her Void type moves get 1.3x power and become Sound. Because her type is sound, they also gain STAB, which means a 1.95x power boost. So Frenzy Ensemble has 195BP and is at least x2 effective on all Reimu forms. That is rather dangerous. She´s also fast because of being a speed form...

Here's a couple points that can help you:
- Using a fast fire puppet you can inflict the Fox Fire move (Burn & Weakness) on Reimu, crippling her. You can also use Miasma which takes less turns to kill, but you will need more powerful walls then.
- You can stall by using the AI's poor prediction skills: It will always use a super effective move on you if that's available. So if you for example have a DMomiji out when PReimu switches in, PReimu will use a fighting-type move next (guaranteed). A switch to a Ghost type will cause her to waste a turn.
- Spirit Barrier is useful to stall further.
- Use entry hazards: If you're trying to kill her with plain damage and can't quite get enough, try using Mine Trap while one of her other (less dangerous) puppets is out.  This will get you some initial damage on Reimu. Better still, Reimu has no puppet that can absorb Poison Trap which you can exploit as well.
- Drain Seed is incredible vs. the AI for obvious reasons (it won't switch usually). 
- If all else fails, there's always WTF-Boom (Absolute Devotion). That will kill pretty much anything.
- Level 19 Momiji -- Fear ARON tactics.

By the way, if Reimu is being troublesome to you, better prepare, because Shinki&Co which come after the cave you get after Reimu are much harder to beat.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:13:16 AM by Aphid »

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 11:04:46 AM »
Dunno the image rules of this site so putting this in here just incase

This is the team I had the ENTIRE game.  (Yes I been catching stuff but they're just sitting in the PC)

I would have english assets applied but I can't seem to extract the .arcs for whatever reason >_>

Let me know if you have any problems reading anything.

Offline Aphid

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:50 AM »
Well, in your case you really have very little offensive power on that team, while not having anything that walls reimu that well except for maybe Daiyousei. This might still help though:

- Have you tried teaching Miasma to Daiyousei and using that instead of stop?

Otherwise, you could go catch a Momiji and learn sandstorm to Renko. Don't level up Momiji. In fact, you may want to reincarnate it and level it to just 19. It gets a move called balancing. Furthermore, Momiji has an ability which allows her to survive with 1 hp. Use 2 puppets to beat reimu, say Chen, and Momiji. Let's suppose Chen is out when Reimu gets sent out and Daiyousei is full HP, and you have sandstorm up. Let Reimu kill chen. Send out momiji. Use Balancing. Momiji will endure the hit and put Reimu at 1hp. Sandstorm activates, and you win.

Now if I could give her balancing at level 1, a shell bell, and some sandstorm weather, we have some OU level 1 aron FUN in thpp.

Actually, let me explain how that works. Supposing it's available, you have this:

Level 1 Momiji
- 12 hp
- Shell Bell
- Balancing

Your opponent has a level 100 -affected by sandstorm- out. They attack. Use balancing, they get put at 1 hp. Sandstorm knocks them out afterwards. Shell bell will then activate, healing up momiji for 10% of the damage dealt, which usually is more than 11, so she is at full HP and her ability can be used again. Continue from there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:35:08 AM by Aphid »

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
Problem is that I can't reincarnate until after the credits.

I do have a Momiji, level 27.  But the problem is since everything's in japanese I can't make out which move is the one you're talking about.

Offline Aphid

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »
Sandstorm is 「 気象発現「黄砂」 」
And Balancing is 「 差引勘定 」

Make sure your Momiji´s ability is Fair and Square (The one that talks about 1HP)

Reimu is dumb enough to just attack your level 27 and will probably onehit it so it shouldn't be a problem. Note that she can't take any damage before facing Reimu, and you can't just switch her in (she needs to get off Balancing), you have to revenge kill.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:41:25 AM by Aphid »