Author Topic: Hypothetical 6th gen. TPP  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: Hypothetical 6th gen. TPP
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 11:06:30 PM »
Gonna say you should try some 1.8 hacks made by somone who understands things like "good" difficulty (Looks scathingly at 1.5) or level curve (Looks mournfully at vanilla fire red) or how 2 region (Looks disparagingly at Java, Jhoto in FRE) before you go all gamefreak on gen 6.

Gee calm down. 1.8 hacks are pretty good but there's no reason to put them on a pedestal or bash anyone who dares to enjoy something else.
Sorry, we already confirmed that purple is the only good touhoumon hack. go home.

Kidding, of course. I don't see 1.5 as being inherently bad, as the only issue it definitely has is the lack of a physical/special split. (which can easily be added in without changing anything else, of course.) I still go back and play aqua + yui and ordinary version whenever I get the free time, actually. 1.5 and 1.8 both have their charms, but I've noticed that lot of the pro-1.8 people mainly want to distance themselves from regular pokemon, both in typing and in mechanics to a lesser extent. I dunno if it's a "better then canon" mindset they have or a "it's touhou, not pokemon; don't make it about pokemon" mindset.

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.