Author Topic: New player asking noob question  (Read 600 times)

Offline ProTactician

• A Member group
    • View Profile
New player asking noob question
« on: November 28, 2017, 01:05:23 AM »
I am interested to play Touhou Puppet Play but I want to ask some question before getting in.
1. I can't read japanese but I am a bit interested in the story. Do I miss anything from playing only the base game without Shard of Dream?
2. How different Touhou Puppet Play compared to Pokemon (e.g Type)?

Offline Jukkarinut

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • สมัคร Gclub
Re: New player asking noob question
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 04:10:08 AM »
I'm a beginner too. I thank you for asking. I also want to know. I hope there is an answer.

Spar

Re: New player asking noob question
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
I am interested to play Touhou Puppet Play but I want to ask some question before getting in.
1. I can't read japanese but I am a bit interested in the story. Do I miss anything from playing only the base game without Shard of Dream?
2. How different Touhou Puppet Play compared to Pokemon (e.g Type)?
Very belated answers to your questions (I don't check this subforum, so I missed your initial post):
1. Touhou Puppet Play is the general term for the direct hacks of various Pokemon games inserting Touhou characters in the place of Pokemon, but considering that you are referring to the "base game" and "Shard of Dreams" in the question I believe that you misguidedly posted in the wrong subforum and your question is meant to be posed about Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, in which case the answer is that Shard of Dreams changes the order of a few early quests from the base game, but the overall story remains the same until you get into the post game.
2. The number of types are expanded upon and their interactions are different from the Pokemon series, though many remain true to the classics. Other things that get changed are things like you pick a starter from all puppets (yes, you can start with the strongest puppet in the game if you'd like), single use hold items (like berries) regenerate after battle, puppets have a couple options for evolution (Power, Defense, Speed, Assist), completely different effort value training (you pick what stats to increase from a pool of points) and breeding systems, Skill Cards (TMs) are infinite use, HMs are replaced by key items (such as an inflatable raft instead of a pokemon using surf), you get items (for you to sell) instead of money for winning, the list goes on...