Author Topic: TPDP Randomizer  (Read 4183 times)

Offline PhantomPilot

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: TPDP Randomizer
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 05:31:57 PM »
equalizing all the puppet costs is trivial enough, but picking puppets for specific areas basically would require a full-fledged editor.
that's what i meant by "moving into the realm of rom hacking". cramming something like that into a randomizer seems weird.
you could make a fixed on/off switch that would leave the first couple areas unrandomized (or populate them with predefined puppets), but that still seems awkward to me. i dunno.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:35:31 PM by PhantomPilot »

Offline Spar

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 08:22:27 AM »
Ah, I understand what you meant now. Would it be possible to randomize the appearance rates for puppets? Or the number of different species in each area? Like having one area with 10 types of puppets with roughly 10% chance for any of them, but the next area only has 3 and two of them are 5% chance to appear, while the third has a 90% chance. Or is that stuff all hard coded?
Still waiting for an Imperishable Night style game with Marisa and Tenshi as one of the teams. Reimu and Yukari will be the Border Team. Marisa and Tenshi will be the Bored Team.

Offline lastingman

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
Oh and another thing I wanted to mention. Is it possible to edit the max PP a puppet can use to increase stats?

Offline PhantomPilot

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 05:45:42 AM »
sorry for the slow replies, just been occupied with other stuff lately.
Oh and another thing I wanted to mention. Is it possible to edit the max PP a puppet can use to increase stats?

this requires editing the save file. there is a hard-coded check to prevent you from increasing EVs above 64 each or 130 total via the in-game UI, but you can edit your save to increase EVs up to +255 each. this can also be done to trainer puppets (infact older versions of the randomizer did it by accident).
i'm not sure if there are any other hard-coded checks that prevent EV editing from actually being effectual in-game though, particularly for EVs over 64 (iirc it does check that sort of thing for netplay).
you can use dabomstews save editor if you just want to edit your own puppets EVs. the randomizer could be made to allow higher EVs for trainer puppets, but it can't raise the cap on player puppets.

Would it be possible to randomize the appearance rates for puppets? Or the number of different species in each area? Like having one area with 10 types of puppets with roughly 10% chance for any of them, but the next area only has 3 and two of them are 5% chance to appear, while the third has a 90% chance. Or is that stuff all hard coded?

all of that is possible, but i've not tested it much. as far as i can tell each puppet has a "weight" which determines its encounter rate relative to the other puppets. i would expect the percentage to be the weight divided by the sum of weights, and while that mostly seems to be the case so far, i can't guarantee there isn't any other weirdness.
i've made a beta build that adds randomization for both encounter rate (separate option) and number of puppets in an area (applied to the normal wild puppet randomization) and an option to either randomize puppet cost or set them all to 120 cost (in the form of a 3-state checkbox, click twice to set the latter option).
the wild puppet checkbox has also been turned into a 3-state, with the 3rd state being style only. additionally, the "catch locations" file will now display expected encounter rates.
the OP will not link to this since it's largely untested. you can get it here if you'd like to try it out.

note that a number of areas have multiple sub-areas that share the same name (e.g. youkai mountain). these are now numbered in brackets "Youkai Mountain [2]" to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:15:26 AM by PhantomPilot »

Offline Spar

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:53 PM »
Awesome, I'll check it out when I have a day off to play around (no idea when that's going to be since 6 people quit in the last 3 days at work and the schedule now resembles a football playbook covered in X's and arrows).
Still waiting for an Imperishable Night style game with Marisa and Tenshi as one of the teams. Reimu and Yukari will be the Border Team. Marisa and Tenshi will be the Bored Team.

Offline lastingman

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 05:23:20 PM »
A little late, but thanks for the heads up. Probably will try that then. Saw that you have a beta, will try it out later.

Edit: There's something I noticed while playing the game. I used the randomized skill cards in the randomizer and played the game. Managed to get all skill cards and then the problem hit in. I believe the Sign skills are also randomized as well, but the only one sign skill restriction is still there, even if the skill is randomized. Just a guess but for some reason, when I taught a puppet a skill from the skill cards, some of the other skill cards disappeared from the selection, even if they were there before I taught them that skill. Once I overwrited that learned skill, they all came back at the selection, then disappeared again when I picked a skill from the previously deleted ones.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:00:26 AM by lastingman »