Author Topic: Is Power Yukari Broken as a starter in YnK?  (Read 7951 times)

Offline Kimlesca

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Is Power Yukari Broken as a starter in YnK?
« on: August 31, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »
Power Yukari seems to extraordinarily power in YnK, her placid > Serious effect throws her damage off the charts, coupled with moves like Cold Rain to attempt to stop her opponents and Gravity Blast for a decently damaging first hit, or when she is Serious Gravity Blast basically one shotting others (If she was held up enough w/o being killed, it would eradicate even puppets who resisted Illusion if used when they have full health.)
Then at Level 70 getting Danmaku Dance? That was 3~4 puppets wiped out from her STAB effects, even without type advantage. At Makai, she just walked in and out as my first and never needed a revive, turns out being stone walled by Defense Kokoro was the greatest thing to happen.

Spar

Re: Is Power Yukari Broken as a starter in YnK?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 05:04:15 AM »
Is she broken? No. Almost all possible starter puppets can waltz through the standard game without any issue as long as you give them the right moves (or the wrong moves and just have them overleveled by 5 to 10 levels). Power Aya in particular is much better as a "one puppet wonder" since she can curbstomp the entire game with her Salvo ability, but I've trounced the opposition with puppets that aught to have no business doing so (Like Akyuu and Kosuzu). Truth is the game is pretty easy and the only hard parts are some of the "post game" battles.

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
LOL.

She deserved her buff between base and YnK, and PYukari is certainly not overpowered. If she manages to start getting serious, it's the opponent's fault most of the time. Even then, she still has an average defense that can easily be broken. Not to mention that scarves (or other speed boosts) and priority are things that do exist.

Oh, and Gravity Blast is NOT the move to use with her: you should use Unknown Flare+Overrun. Unknown Flare has 30% chance to confuse the opponent, which is excellent for her, as a confused opponent wastes its turns, thus help her getting even more boosts. Not to mention that if it doesn't confuse the opponent, you still can keep wasting turns with Force Shield for free boosts. And Overrun... meh it's a 100 stab, and her using it looks quite a lot like her soku spellcard (Fantasy Nest).

My opinion: try to fight puppets that have a level equal to hers, or to netplay. You'll understand that she's far from being broken, as she will get smacked in the face more often than not. But you know, even if she gets Serious and stomp the entire opponent team, that's just how it happens most of the time with any puppet: a match is often won/lost way before the very end.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:15:43 PM by decondelite »

Offline Wrulfang

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 07:40:07 PM »
what is even Power Yukari now? I havent touched the game in a long time and last time I played it she was a regigigas special clone

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:07 PM »
She's a Regigigas clone still, albeit with some buffs.

Unlike Gigas, she has access to Rest (but not Sleep Talk) and Force Shield (basically Protect with restrictions). Furthermore, if she waits out 5 turns naturally, her ability changes from Placid to Serious, which raises her SAtk and Speed at the end of every turn as if it were a better Speed Boost. (This does not happen if she acquires Mummy/Infectious.)

Like Gigas, she still has some crippling weaknesses; powerful attackers can just beat her up in the first 5 turns, Phase Inversion can thwart her even after Placid is gone, and phasing will send her back to the bench and force her to wait on her timer again. At least she's worth it if your opponent lets you wait the 5 turns though.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 05:44:07 AM »
At least she's worth it if your opponent lets you wait the 5 turns though.

That's what makes the whole difference between the two games.
Before: crap even once the 5 turns elapsed.
After: she gets her first boost straight away in the end of the 5 turns, making her already very very dangerous at this very moment.

Other notable difference: once Serious, she's out of her gap, and she's gorgeous:
http://tpdp.supersanctuary.net/wiki/Power_Yukari#YnK Serious
Thumbs up if like me you use the alt costume, and make her use Overrun so that it totally looks like her using her "Fantasy Nest" spellcard in soku.