Author Topic: [YnK 1.103] Translation Release Thread (CV: Interface Translation Build 2)  (Read 30731 times)

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
This game will only work in Japanese Locale. Your computer either needs to be in native Japanese Locale, or you need to have Locale Emulator (specifically, NOT AppLocale) to emulate the game in Japanese Locale. Otherwise the game will display corrupted text for the HP Bar and other places. When you install the game you must ALSO install it in Japanese Locale, or else the game will have crashing issues.

Interface Translation Patch - Build 2

Here's a link. In it is the installer for the Interface Translation Patch.
Here's another link. This is a mirror in case the first one goes down.

This patch translates the core interfaces of the game, the bare minimum to make the game playable to English audiences. Skills, Abilities, Items, Puppet Names, Puppet Encyclopedia, Gap Map names, Some trainer names, AI Puppet names, Map location names, and Graphical Interfaces, all that has been translated. This build does NOT translate the story, NPC dialogue, Trainer dialogue, or all of the exe strings. Those will come in later patches, dedicated to their translation. If you see anything untranslated that does not fall into the stuff intentionally left untranslated, please report it to us.

To install this patch, you will need to have your game's folder relatively unedited. For best results, we recommend running the installer via Japanese Locale or Locale Emulator. You will need to have the game's files intact in order for the installer to apply the changes. Even though the installer will automatically back up the modified files, we recommend manually backing up the original dat folder and 幻想人形演舞-ユメノカケラ-.exe, in the case of an accident.

Remember to save often just in case something is broken, and we don't have any problematic crashes plaguing you.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting this out, the translation team and I have worked to make sure we translated stuff as best we could. We really believe we've done the absolute best we can. Hopefully you all are able to enjoy it, and we will work on getting the Story Translation Patch out as soon as possible!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:34:45 PM by DerxwnaKapsyla »
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
Build 2 of the Interface Translation Patch is released; This patch contains some minor fixes that we overlooked in Build 1. A complete log of changes is provided with the download.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline svenneman02

• A Member group
    • View Profile
when do you think the story translation comes out? it doesnt matter if you dont know but when do you think i am just excited for the translation

Offline happix100

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: [YnK 1.103] Translation Release Thread (CV: Interface Translation Build 2)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:35:43 AM »
Looking forward to the story patch! I just bought the game recently, so... I'll be playing through it once without the story, and once with the story. Thank you for all the hard work.

Offline Masgalido

• A Member group
  • Winter Easy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:50:48 AM »
Thank you very much :D<

Offline EnderWolf

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:26:41 PM »
Hello, i'm wondering if there is progress toward translating, it's half a year that there's no update, no need to rush i just wanna know if the project is still active or not.

Offline jimbob

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 05:19:30 AM »
Would be great if there was some news about the progress of the translation of if the project is dead.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 07:40:09 AM »
We really don't have any news to report at the moment; If we did, we'd report it. Everything is as glacial slow as it's always been because our translators are few and have lives outside of a project where they aren't getting paid to work on a for funsies project.

Trust me, if there's actually news to report, I'll report it as soon as I possibly can.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline jimbob

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 04:08:01 AM »
Fair enough DerxwnaKapsyla, keep up the good work, hearing back from someone on the translation project is reassuring that the project is going well even if its slow.

Offline LOZFFVII

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Hey guys, just signed up so I can post this:
The project being slow-moving is fine and all, but it's now been over half a year since the last update.
How is it going?
Have you been hitting setbacks?

I'm sorry if I seem a bit passive-aggressive, but it's currently 4am and I should probably be asleep.

Goodnight.
(=_=)Zzz

Offline Rhetco

• A Member group
  • Waaaaaaahh
    • View Profile
You probably won't get a response from the team here, since this forum is pretty much dead. I guess you could ask them on the TPDP discord channel, but from what I've seen questions about the project usually get ignored or answered with some generic response like "it's not dead".
One day I'll be famous for all the amazing things I've achieved. But until then, I'm going to continue doing absolutely nothing.

Offline EnderWolf

• A Member group
    • View Profile
We really don't have any news to report at the moment; If we did, we'd report it. Everything is as glacial slow as it's always been because our translators are few and have lives outside of a project where they aren't getting paid to work on a for funsies project.

Trust me, if there's actually news to report, I'll report it as soon as I possibly can.

As DerxwnaKapsyla explained, the project is not dead, just that the translators are doing it in their free time. And as far as i remember, the base game translation took 1 year and it was still unverified, it took another 6 months to get a full and verified translation. And it is just the base game. The ynk expansion is way longer. It would be already really impressive if it was translated before Jully 2018 considering the amount of work. And translation aside the game itself is pretty much frozen, focaslens didn't made any update that is not just bare fixes that no one cares since the last year.

Offline Kamin

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 02:53:26 PM »
We really like TestRX and don't have any news to report at the moment; If we did, we'd report it. Everything is as glacial slow as it's always been because our translators are few and have lives outside of a project where they aren't getting paid to work on a for funsies project.

As DerxwnaKapsyla explained, the project is not dead, just that the translators are doing it in their free time. And as far as i remember, the base game translation took 1 year and it was still unverified, it took another 6 months to get a full and verified translation. And it is just the base game. The ynk expansion is way longer. It would be already really impressive if it was translated before Jully 2018 considering the amount of work. And translation aside the game itself is pretty much frozen, focaslens didn't made any update that is not just bare fixes that no one cares since the last year.

Does anyone have any updates on this?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 11:08:39 AM by Kamin »

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
Remilia's Power Remilia has a nickname that exceeds the 10 character limit.

Offline wewlad

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 07:55:10 PM »
because your new statement of affairs thread is locked for some reason I'll post this here

Your overly strong anti-piracy stance along with the fact that you closed off this project from outsiders led to this project's death. All you needed to do was put it up on a public git repository so others could contribute, but instead you had this contrived way to join the team which required someone to kiss your asses and watch their words carefully if they wanted to help. All in all I believe this was a good learning experience for you, let this killed game remind you on what not to do when leading a group. If someone does eventually try to finish this mess, I hope they aren't nearly as incompetent.