Author Topic: Shoddy Touhoumon 2 [Status: Up]  (Read 90541 times)

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
Shoddy Touhoumon 2 [Status: Up]
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »
Most of us hang out on the Discord server now. If you wish to arrange a match or if the server is down, check this thread for information and hop on by the #shoddy-baffle channel.

This is an online battle simulator built around Touhou Puppet Play 1.8. It offers a near-perfect emulation of in-game battle conditions, so that you don't need to fiddle with the 5 FPS monstrosity that is VBALink. We have upgraded from Shoddy Battle to Pokemon Lab, also known as Shoddy Battle 2.

Download it here. (Current client version: 2.3.4)

If you're seeing a bunch of question marks instead of proper sprites, open your preferences and download them through the sprite downloader, just choose 1.8 and add the sprites. This is far simpler than the Shoddy 1 method.

Our current standard ban list is:
Defense Satori: Gen 3 Struggle is stupid, and DSatori vs DSatori can literally last forever if they're holding Leftovers
Sendai: Yoshika with an attacking stat and powerful offensive typing with good moves
Speed Aya: Too good, on almost every team. Should not have Speed Boost yet it has it, and also has Baton Pass
Transcendant Maribel, Attack Shinmyoumaru, Speed Tojiko: Minmaxed a little too efficiently during creation, movepools have no real flaws to account for their exceptional stat distributions.
X Utsuho/X Suwako/X Tenshi: 670~680 BST behemoths that were created for use in Purple to replace Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Their sheer statistical superiority alone is enough to ban them from standard, but the inclusion of Drought and Drizzle causes them to permanently shape Ubers into a weather war.

Now for some resources:
Type effectiveness chart
List of Puppets
Attack List (Semi-outdated Pastebin version)
Abilities (Pastebin version)
Items - Berries - (Pastebin version)

If you're new, don't be afraid to chat or ask for a battle. We're a pretty small group currently but we're by no means hostile. Also, if you don't see many people on, stick around for a bit anyway - popping in and out won't really help you find times that it's active as it's kind of random when it is, and you probably won't even give the people there a chance to say hi.

The "Find" button isn't a great idea since there isn't enough of a solidified population that currently uses it.

Lastly, have fun!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 05:50:00 PM by Agastya »
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline EXSariel

• AKA The Jamminstein (as Agastya puts it)
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Shoddy Touhoumon 2 [Status: Up]
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:15:24 AM »
There was some downtime from 7:00 PM PST to 8:00 PM PST due to networking issues. This issue has been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm not here.

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:35:48 AM »
It seems to me like PrinnyAce and I are the only ones using the "Find" button (and I think I played with GabrielCVS this way once). But if battles are only rated via the Find button then I think we should be encouraging users to, well, use it. Personally, I push it sometimes while I idle but would still be willing to play. I suppose that's a good use for it.

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »
Client update!  This should correctly set flags on most moves (examples being Ancientpower incorrectly labeled as a contact move, or Hyper Voice's targeting and not being a sound move) and make things a little more accurate. This won't implement any of the unimplemented moves, though.

Note that if you are using the moves Quick or Dust Shoot on any of your sets, they have been renamed to Feint and Gunk Shot. You can open the team file in a text editor and manually rename them, or just remove the move in the team builder before updating.

Additionally, the type-boosting hold items (such as the Kimono) now boost move power by 20% as they do in the JP ROM, instead of the 10% we originally thought they were.

Finally, Defense/Technical Hatate can Roost now. I haven't checked for any other missing moves, but they'll probably be brought up later when they're relevant and actually important. Priorities!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:48:02 AM by Agastya »
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?

Offline EXSariel

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »
The forums and website in general was down for an extended period of time to facilitate a server move. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm not here.

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 12:51:33 AM »
Client update zone act 2!

This adds Lucky Punch, fixes a few small things with moves (Drain Punch's PP for example) and makes the changes to Kyouko/Yoshika/Futo in the last Em release available. Here's hoping Kyouko sucks less now!

Offline Angelmahapon

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 02:58:18 AM »
Does anyone know how i could test my teams out against my own teams??? and are half of the sprites meant to be question marks after you go to the settings and preferances thing and click the 1.8 thingy i'm kinda confused :L

Offline DoctorShanks

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
Does anyone know how i could test my teams out against my own teams??? and are half of the sprites meant to be question marks after you go to the settings and preferances thing and click the 1.8 thingy i'm kinda confused :L

If you wanted to test your team out against another one of your own teams, you could send your team file to someone who you want to test with (Shoddy has no special AI, and if it did, it would probably suck).

As for the sprites, I'm not sure what could have gone wrong. Maybe the 1.8 sprite download is bugged? All of my sprites work fine in the 2.1.6 update, though, so unless anyone else has the same problem, then the sprite download is probably working fine.

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »
hey wow cool look at all these updates

This updates the shiny palettes for Kyouko/Murasa/Nue lines, adds the Kasen line, and adds Magic Stones. Additionally, it fixes a few statistical errors here and there.

The sprite pack was updated, so make sure to re-download it in the preferences menu!

Offline EXSariel

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »
If you were on while the power breaker blew, taking the server down with it, I apologize. Server has been restored though.
I'm not here.

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 02:32:11 AM »
idk what you guys were doing while i was napping but the server was down for like an hour or so

it's back up now

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
Re: Shoddy Touhoumon 2 [Status: Fluctuating]
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 12:48:52 AM »
exsariel is in radical weather zone right now

doctor eggman's nefarious egg beater is doing a number to his internet, but he's got plenty of extra lives and continues so he'll most likely get through this fine

e: it's back up for now, but idk the weather situation
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:34:01 AM by Agastya »

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
I updated the species.xml file at some point last night, so there's a few teambuilder inconsistencies until I stop being inept at java and unable to change a version number in the client info because I'm too terrified of asking EXS to do something for some inane reason.. There's an average of one battle every two years so I think we can survive until I man up and pester EXS. At any rate, the changes are the following:

"Hijiri" > "Byakuren"
"Kongaara" > "Konngara"
"Gengetu" > Gengetsu"
"Mugetu" > "Mugetsu"

Any team utilizing  forms of the above characters will have to be edited in the actual .sbt file. You can do this in a text editor of your choice, so it's not too hard.

Additionally, TD characters have been updated to the most recent Emerald build and I've fixed a few movepool errors with them as well.

E: Client updated
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:10:57 PM by Agastya »

Offline EXSariel

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 06:32:27 AM »
Shoddy  has been up and down for the past few days/weeks and I can understand any frustration from all -1 people who have been inconvenienced by this. This is all traced back to the modem for the internet that the server uses, and will be replaced soon. I will update when I know this replacement will take place. [inspoiler]Maybe someday I'll actually have a dedicated machine for this server, when enough people actually care.[/inspoiler]
I'm not here.

Offline DoctorShanks

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »
The uptime at present feels more than acceptable.

Also, the population has only been growing. People care C: