Author Topic: Power Sakuya (Yes, another)  (Read 4127 times)

Offline SpearMKW

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Power Sakuya (Yes, another)
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:54 PM »
Bulky Offensive
Power Sakuya @ Gold Hairpin
Ability: Strategist
EVs: 64 HP / 64 FAtk / 2 FDef
Red Mark
-Raid
-Overtake Strike
-Dancing Sword
-Changeling

Basic strategy: Can be brought in on Focus attackers due to the bulky spread and hairpin. The Strategist-boosted Raid is there to deal decent damage on first turn, and possibly breaking any Black Chokers. Overtake Strike is there as your main Steel move, with its priority covering Sakuya's horrible speed, and also being powerboosted by Sakuya's ability. Dancing Sword is your STAB Fighting move. Changeling is there to bring in puppets that cant handle Focus moves very well, since you most likely will be moving last.

Brandish is a possible option, but imo takes away the entire use of the bulky spread.

By using an E- Speed stat, Power Sakuya does have options in Genbu, however this does require another puppet as setter.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:40:36 PM by SpearMKW »

Offline ShadowWolfTJC

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Power Sakuya (Yes, another)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:13:25 AM »

Offline SpearMKW

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:13:40 AM »
It's still pretty different because of the 2 completely different items. Also according to the Suwako site, this is the most used set online. Consider it as a moveset update that came with the expansion.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:11:43 AM by SpearMKW »

Offline jester147

• A Member group
  • Touhou, Pokemon, RPG, Rhythm Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 03:50:53 PM »
Hmmm... Raid could break Black Chokers and Indomitable, so it's nice. Also the introduction of Gold Hairpin in TPDP is a nice addition, providing sets like this. I didn't thought of it, since I'm a bit used to Pokemon. I have the Choice Band variant, that uses Good Ring for extra damage, and no Raids, because you're locked to one move.

I don't get why people won't use Stone Spike though. It's a good coverage that gets Strategist bonus. And people using Break Shots rather than Dancing Sword, maybe they want to break screens?