Author Topic: [WIP]Advent Alice  (Read 1802 times)

Offline PhantomSong

• A Member group
    • View Profile
[WIP]Advent Alice
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:42:08 PM »
WIP - It's good? But there seems to be a lack of research. I'll post my knowledge on her eventually.

WIP

Advent Alice

Type: Heart
Ability(s):
Advent - Immune to secondary effects.
Weaknesses: Dream and Faith
Resistances: Ghost,Dark,Reason, and Heart

Base Stats:

HP: 60
Atk: 60
Def: 60
Spd: 80
Sp. Atk: 100
Sp. Def: 150

Max Stats (With Beneficial Nature):
HP: 324
Atk: 240
Def: 240
Spd: 284
Sp. Atk: 328
Sp. Def: 438

Min Stats (With Hindering Nature):
HP: 261
Atk: 140 (112)
Def: 140
Spd: 176
Sp. Atk: 215
Sp. Def: 331

As you can tell, Advent Alice is a great special wall. It also comes with Reason moves to take care on pesky Miasma, Dream, and Faith puppets. (Which 2/3 ARE threats to it).

Offensive/Support -

Advent Alice @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Advent
EVs: 196 HP/156 Def/156 SpDef
Bold nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Mana Burst
- Signal Beam
- Toxic/Will-o-Wisp

Obviously taking advantage of her special defense, I've concocted support wall that will inflict status and heal off status problems to all party members as well as being able to dish out decent damage.

Stall/Support -

Advent Alice @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Mana Burst/Heal Bell
- Wish
- Detect/Heal Bell
- Toxic/Will-o-Wisp

A slight variant on the offensive set. This will help you on puppets like Yoshika, who is a pretty good wall if you aren't prepared.
(Obviously you can't have two Heal Bells, but if you decide to use Mana Burst, you could use Heal Bell instead of Detect.)

Counters:
Pretty much anything with a super effective physical attack can bring her down in one or two hits.
Attack Reimu primarily due to it's Dream type and Dream attacks. Sendai could also due quite a number on her as well. Speed Yorihime as well with her high speed and to Sacred Fire. Technical Ichirin is another threat due to it's Faith/Dream typing  [/i]

Other options:
Advent Alice can access move such as Baton Pass, Substitute, and Curse, so you can alternatively run a her in  Baton Pass team.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:22:57 PM by DoctorShanks »

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
Re: Advent Alice
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
Touched on a few things,

-Changed some EV distributions that ended in 6 to end in 4.
-There were some EVs neglected, so I put them in where I thought would be a good place. Change it if I'm wrong :)
-Changed "Max Stats (With Hindering Nature):" to "Min Stats (With Hindering Nature):." Not to be rude, but there'd be no situation in which we need the former.

It's an okay start, but your EV spreads tend to favor a mixed defensive EV spread with a Bold nature. That's usually not the purpose of a Special Wall.

Again, not to be rude or demanding, but you should write a little more. People usually want to learn things when they come to these pages, so the occasional damage calculation is a great addition. If you want, we can work on this together in Shoddy sometime.

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]Advent Alice
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 05:16:44 PM »
I normaly run like uuuh...

Advent Alice (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/56 SpAtk/200 SpDef
Sassy nature (+SpDef,-Spd)
- Baton Pass
- Detect
- Mist Ball/Signal Beam
- Wish

0 speed Iv's

Or uuuh

Advent Alice (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/56 Spd/200 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Detect
- Heal Bell/Mana Burst
- Mist Ball/Signal beam
- Wish

252/200 +spdef lets her beat DAlice always and barely lets her pivot on non type boosted APatchy (Type boosted = your already dead). sassy 0 speed iv's gives you a Ruukoto that can hurt things while 56 speed outruns standard speed creep mons and agi number thingies for "fast" heal bells or surprise mist ball/mana burst ohko's

Frankly there's no way your patching up AdAlices Def stat to a useable level, plus she resists pursuit so there's no cost to swapping out.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:20:47 PM by joshcja »