Author Topic: *Spoilers* Post-game findings.  (Read 11750 times)

Offline DaverRaver

• A Member group
    • View Profile
*Spoilers* Post-game findings.
« on: January 04, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »
Warning: as stated in the title these are some spoilers for postgame.

Anyways, here are some of my current findings:

(Although I forgot some of the battle level ranges)

Importing Puppets from the previous game is confirmed. I don't know how I triggered it. But I presume it to be in relation to a post-game battle that I did with Mugetsu/Gengetsu.

Afterwards I had an additional 30~ boxes with all of my puppets (Including party and battle boxes) Either that or it was in relation to unlocking net-play.

(Would like an additional source to confirm)

- You can battle Iku/Tenshi in Heaven

- You can battle Youmu/Yuyuko in the Netherworld (Plus a random level 99 normal lily event)

- More puppet federation shenanigans, including re-doing the hide and seek from early game. Plus some random floating castle/building/whatever afterwards. (I need to brush up on my touhou lore lol)

- In said floating building you can battle Raiko/Seija

- Postgame book event(s) exist (One of which presumably triggered a sub-plot that involved going to the starting area)

-New area in the dream world that lets you battle Mima (level range 90-95)

- Suwako still gives the Native Grace

- Can battle Suika behind the Hakurei shrine

- Can battle Flandre in the Scarlet Devil Mansion (Four times in a row) Level range 60-65? I believe.

- Magan exists, albeit for a brief event (so far)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:43:13 AM by DaverRaver »

Offline jester147

• A Member group
  • Touhou, Pokemon, RPG, Rhythm Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: *Spoilers* Post-game findings.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »
A note regarding importing puppets:

Box 21 is your team and starter, if you don't have it in your team/you chose another starter. Box 22 and beyond is your old box. All held items are removed.

Their levels, ranks and moves are retained. But as Shard of Dreams has introduced a different learnset for the puppets, some moves are now labeled "!" in front of the move name. They're usable ingame, but if you try to bring them to netplay, you'll be rejected and said that the puppet has incompatible skills. This is because it would be illegal to have a move that can't be learned by the puppet.

Offline hisuikouha

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 05:19:31 PM »
Sorry, I just registered to ask this, but...

Where to find Mugetsu and Gengetsu? I've searched Makai's Snowy Field but didn't find them there.

Also the reversed floating castle is Shining Needle Castle/Kishinjou, Shinmyoumaru's castle.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:21:25 PM by hisuikouha »

Offline jester147

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 05:26:50 PM »
[inspoiler]Mugetsu and Gengetsu will be available at the final end of postgame. You first need to find a total of 9 books, one of them in Shining Needle Castle, and ask Kosuzu to read all the books you gathered, an event occurs, you then talk to Kosuzu again. After that you go to the place where you first appeared. Your answer lies there.[/inspoiler]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:28:38 PM by jester147 »

Offline hisuikouha

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:54:33 PM »
Alright, I'm on it. Thanks! (also I'm still searching of the remaining books, i already got 7)

Also after beating Reimu somehow I clicked and didn't read the text that says something about 'searching for you?', what is that about?

Offline Zap

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »
Does anyone know what Clownpiece does to you when you talk to her after the Hell event?

Offline PrinnyAce

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 12:19:40 AM »
Does anyone know what Clownpiece does to you when you talk to her after the Hell event?

She sets the difficulty for the rebattleable hell fairies in the tower. either level 70 or level 95 but either way useful to help you grind for competitive, the battle tower of the game, etc.

Offline Zap

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »
Useful indeed! Thanks for the information. That would have been bugging me for a while.

Offline Truepower

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 02:35:22 AM »
A note regarding importing puppets:

Box 21 is your team and starter, if you don't have it in your team/you chose another starter. Box 22 and beyond is your old box. All held items are removed.

Their levels, ranks and moves are retained. But as Shard of Dreams has introduced a different learnset for the puppets, some moves are now labeled "!" in front of the move name. They're usable ingame, but if you try to bring them to netplay, you'll be rejected and said that the puppet has incompatible skills. This is because it would be illegal to have a move that can't be learned by the puppet.

Regarding importing, how do you actually do that? I've finished the game, pretty sure I've hit yes at the start to import, since I spoke to Doremy. I still have only 20 boxes total.

Offline jester147

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 03:09:33 AM »
How, you ask.

[inspoiler]It's in my previous post regarding Mugetsu/Gengetsu. Beat them, another credits roll, then check your box.[/inspoiler]

Offline kurakurapalu

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 06:42:39 AM »
i need enlightenment regarding data take over and favorite doll

for xample my original favorite is reimu,
if i pick reimu again in the expansion, my old reimu wont in be in the transfer box, instead the two will kind of merged and reverted/initialized back ?

if i pick different character in expansion, for xample marisa, then marisa will be "fateful encounter" and my old reimu will be "special treatment" ?

Offline Truepower

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 11:12:39 PM »
Another question here, regarding the post-game puppet federation. I just can't seem to find the event that starts it. Also I talked to Akyuu, she left the mansion then returned and I have no idea what happened. Can someone explain and/or give pointers to where Medicine and Yuuka disappeared to?

Offline hisuikouha

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 08:01:44 PM »
Another question here, regarding the post-game puppet federation. I just can't seem to find the event that starts it. Also I talked to Akyuu, she left the mansion then returned and I have no idea what happened. Can someone explain and/or give pointers to where Medicine and Yuuka disappeared to?

Spoiler
First, finish the event in SDM where you have to fight Flan and her Four of a Kind.

(Optional: Battle Reimu to get a hint on where you should go next from now on.)

Then teleport to Hakugyokurou with Sukimap (It's on the 2nd screen, along with Yakumo Household and Shinreibyou) to complete events with Marisa, Youmu and Yuyuko, where in the end you'll battle a level 99 Normal Lily near Saigyou Ayakashi.

Teleport back to Human Village, then go to Akyuu's Mansion where she told you that Puppet Federation is searching for you. Battle them in the same place as back in the early game, then you'll be transported into their not-so-secret hideout in Route 6. Move to the place where you'll find Medicine, you'll meet her, battle.

Yuuka is in the late post game. You'll find her soon enough.

Offline jester147

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 03:31:38 AM »
You forgot to mention [inspoiler]beating Tenshi in Heaven[/inspoiler], but I don't know if it is required.

Offline KegMinami

• A Member group
  • Seiran gets a No-Scope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 10:34:21 PM »
In the post game...
[inspoiler]When you meet Yukari back above the Hakurei Shrine, what are the different choices she gives you? Do they actually affect anything?[/inspoiler]
Girls are thinking of something clever. Please wait warmly until they are finished...