Author Topic: One of a Kind Charms?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Prism

• A Member group
    • View Profile
One of a Kind Charms?
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:53:43 AM »
Hi there, first post, played touhoumons for a while and loving this new release. Just had a bit of a problem...

The charms, like say healing charm, I assumed were one use, and they sold for a great price, so i did just that and sold them earlier in the game. It was only until much later that I realised they come back after battle ends. Which makes them the most valuable thing ever once you're inflicted with hella statuses and out of myouren teas.

I've gotten pretty far in the game and don't really want to restart, and just wanted to know, is there any way to replace the status healing ones? I sold the healing charm and the poison cure charm forever ago like an idiot. I don't wanna reach endgame and have no lum berry for my puppets...
I am not opposed to using cheat engine to get the items back, but I wouldn't know where to start. 

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: One of a Kind Charms?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:55:57 AM »
yes you certainly could cheat them in though I haven't looked into doing that yet. Other then that the only way to get more of the charms would be to buy them in a shop that is available in the end game. If you want them for the story then you are a bit out of luck.
Puppet Dance Performance Any% speedrun in 1:42:38 (WR) http://www.twitch.tv/greenmittenz/v/17460931

Offline Prism

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:48:54 PM »
Oh, that's no problem, I'm just glad to hear it's possible to replace them later. I thought I'd have to start from scratch to get this game's equivalent of a Lum Berry, especially considering I'm nearing the end of the main story. Thanks!

Offline Pincher

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:11 AM »
yes you certainly could cheat them in though I haven't looked into doing that yet.

I would definitely be interested in cheating in some items you only get one copy of such as the leftovers item... It's really annoying un-equipping and re-equipping items consistently when you want to change up your team quickly when fighting other players :(

Long story short, I just want all of my finished puppets in my boxes having their items equipped all the time for convenience and easily remembering their role haha.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Offline Pincher

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
I would definitely be interested in cheating in some items you only get one copy of such as the leftovers item... It's really annoying un-equipping and re-equipping items consistently when you want to change up your team quickly when fighting other players :(

Long story short, I just want all of my finished puppets in my boxes having their items equipped all the time for convenience and easily remembering their role haha.

Don't mind me... they sell it now at the vendor in the current patch since I've never checked back. *quietly walks off ~ *
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:09:44 PM »
Small heads up that might interest some of you around here.
I have just met a wild Speed Daiyousei that had a Healing Charm (the charm that cures just anything).

So you might want to roam around with a puppet with the ability Quick Eye (Parsee, Yuyuko or Tewi, according to the dex), to spot wild puppet's items. Then all you got to do is to steal with the proper move (Thieving Wind / Sneaky Trade), and voilą you can obtain some rare items from wild puppets, just like in Pokemon.

It might be interesting to know what they could be holding.

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 04:13:25 AM »
Wow that's interesting... Went looking with a Tewi Assist but after 10 Daiyousei Speeds I couldn't find anything with a hold item at the Suzuran Fields. Also did some looking at Kasen and Yukari's house but no luck, so seems like it is a very low chance as I totaled just under 100 encounters.

Also seems like there is no reference to Healing Charms item number in the puppet data for Daiyousei so not sure where the data is stored.

If you find any more instances of items on wilds then tell me as I am interested in trying to find where that data could be to make a table of items to get off of wilds.

At the moment my conclusion is unconfirmed very low chance?

The other thing to note is does stealing items actually give you the item for wilds? Because in trainer battles any knockoff or item trade skill only lasts for the battle and your item is returned to you at the end so you might just lose the item. Or can you get a hold item from a wild if it was holding one when you catch it.

Also worth mentioning to check if the puppet you were using had a Healing Charm on it as a Wild Daiyousei Speed will have the move Thieving Wind and could have used it without you noticing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:21:33 AM by Greenmittenz »
Puppet Dance Performance Any% speedrun in 1:42:38 (WR) http://www.twitch.tv/greenmittenz/v/17460931

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »
Ah yeah, now that I think about it, there is a high probability that I was using Toyohime with a Healing Charm herself, and haven't noticed it being stolen.

My bad.