Author Topic: I want to make something in VX Ace.  (Read 1096 times)

Offline AngelG No. 55

• A Member group
  • Where's this fun you speak of?
    • View Profile
I want to make something in VX Ace.
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:05:25 PM »
Where do I begin?

There is maybe one premade set of scripts for Pokemon mechanics that I could find, but it seems to be a whole lot of scripts jumbled together and thus is a nightmare to follow.

On the side I'm also learning RGSS3 so that I can better understand the coding underneath the games made with that program... but it looks awful hard to build a battle system from scratch and resort to modifying it entirely by scripts.

Please, don't point me to reading up on the basics like events and such; I'm not interested yet in making something FF-like with the engine's built-in functions for battles, equipment and such.

Offline Fatih

• A Member group
  • You won't pass! For their sake, I will prevail!!
    • View Profile
    • The Mountain of Fatih (CURRENTLY DOWN)
Re: I want to make something in VX Ace.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:00:01 PM »
Is there a reason that you don't want to use XP?

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
Re: I want to make something in VX Ace.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »
If I could move all of Faith & Prayer to VXa, I would. VXa has numerous performance improvements and built-in support for things that I had to get plugins that took 3 years to exist to do (Unlimited autotiles, looping oggs).But the key issue is, Essentials was made on XP - before VX was even a thing. Porting Essentials to VX is also a nightmare task, because XP uses RGSS2 for it's scripting language and VX/VXa uses RGSS3 instead. Scripts would be incompatible, and basically needed to be rewritten from scratch.
I do the 2humons in RMXP