Author Topic: TPDP Puppet Dex 1.91  (Read 9467 times)

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
TPDP Puppet Dex 1.91
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:37:38 AM »
Probably my last massive update until the new major update to the game coming for the winter. Fixed up a bunch of small errors in the damage formula and fixed a huge problem where stats on the trainer's puppets on the Map Viewer were looking up the wrong information. Other then that the major change is I added the drop rates for the wild encounters into the Map Viewer.

There are still tons of holes on the damage formula that I cant really be bothered to fill in unless people ask for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ozuu2sf3ovitzux/tpdp_PuppetDex_1.91.xlsx

Puppet Dex - Provides detailed information on specific puppets similar to dex pages for pokemon sites like Serebii.
Team Builder - A tool for inputting a team to see your teams overall weaknesses as well as your general type coverage.
Damage Calculator - Calculates the damage range with a detailed variation to show each possible damage roll. (still a work in progress)
EXP Calculator - Used to calculate how much EXP you will gain and what level you will achieve for every member of your party.
MapInfo - Displays information on every map in the game including map connections shops items trainers etc.

The database was made using a combination of game files, looking stuff up in game, the wiki, and the official Japanese data site thingy. Special thanks to Dabomstew for tons of help with formulas and for help on some future features. I think I checked for errors fairly well but there might still be some errors so if you see any please do tell me.

Also I locked everything that doesn't have a reason to be tampered with but if you do want to change something then the password to unlock stuff is "EDIT". The only unprotected important cell is the link for the maps, because if I protect that you can't actually click the link =p.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:14:00 PM by Greenmittenz »
Puppet Dance Performance Any% speedrun in 1:42:38 (WR) http://www.twitch.tv/greenmittenz/v/17460931

Offline Laxer Shadow

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Puppet Dex and Teambuilder
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »
I believe the damage formula is the same as in pokemon games:

Level - level of attacking pokemon (puppet in this case).

Also awesome job and thank you for the document.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:53:02 PM by Laxer Shadow »
This is my signature. It's so cool. Worship me.

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:52:31 PM »
Alright thanks I think I will make the damage calculator based on the pokemon formula and change it later if I find it changes, also would be great to know the exact modifiers on each ability.

Also some other things I am working on.
1. I noticed a bunch of instances where type immunities were not altered to accommodate immunities due to ability ie Iku.
2. I didnt include types in the puppet dex... not sure how I missed that o.o
3. Adding in pictures for the puppet dex. I already got all the pictures with costumes loaded into the file and linked up properly but I am currently working out a bug were certain pictures are distorting when being looked up in the dex.

Literally solved the problem 5 seconds after posting this... Apparently excel had a bug and just needed to update to the newer service pack. <.<

So once I got all of those and the basis for the damage calculator I will update the file.

Ok did all that I had been planning and then started working on the damage calculator... until I started going through the attack and ability lists and realized just how many different variables there are to account for in the calculations. Not to mention all the things that I simply have no clue how they work (for example what is the base damage on the moves that are based on the Cost of your opponent). I will probably slowly work on a prototype version based on the pokemon formula with at least the simple moves, but until I get some solid definitive knowledge of how the TPDP formula works/if it is the same and how a lot of the unspecified variables are factored in I wont be going at it too hard.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:07:17 PM by Greenmittenz »
Puppet Dance Performance Any% speedrun in 1:42:38 (WR) http://www.twitch.tv/greenmittenz/v/17460931

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:28:44 AM »
Double posting just to talk about some points about the damage calculator.

First thing is I based the calculation off of the pokemon damage formula which I am currently not sure if TPDP uses the same calculation.
Next I am pretty sure there are errors somewhere because honestly I got lazy at a few points and jsut assumed stuff was correct without double checking it.

Another issue I ran into with this is that apparently Excel has a character limit is 8192 in the formula while I went well about that number, so any future inclusions will mean I have to change the formula to reference cells in another sheet instead of being all in one, or switch to using visual basic but the idea was to challenge myself to see what i could do without it.

There are many ability item and skill omissions from the damage formula but unfortunately I accidentally deleted the list of everything I left out so perhaps I will go back in and rebuild that list later. In general things were omitted because I either lacked information such as skills where the power is based on the opponents cost or I was just too lazy to do the tedious work of adding it.

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: TPDP Puppet Dex 1.5
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:42:53 PM »
Ok sorry for like quadruple posting here now but I wanted to ask some input.

Ok going through the map files as it turns out some of the maps are quite big. and unfortunately in order to call pictures in excel the entire picture must fit within a cell so that you can call upon the picture contained within that cell. Excel cells cap out at around 1935 by 534 pixels (no really wtf is that size?). As an example map 090 (Yokai Mountain East) is 5600x8320. Also unfortunately there really isn't a zoom feature I could use. So I am left with a couple options.

If people can give me input of what they would like most that would be awesome.

Option 1: Cut the images into tiles and write formulas to piece together the maps from the cut up tiles
Pros
Self contained in the Excel File
No need for Visual Basic or macro enabled content
Cons
very hard to navigate in excel due to very large cells and huge pictures
No zooming options

Option 2: Create thumbnail images to call upon and hyperlink the images to Imgur
Pros
Easy viewing on the Excel sheet
Browsers tend to have fairly good zoom and panning options
Cons
No longer self contained
Having to switch back and fourth between browser and Excel could get annoying

Option 3: Create thumbnail images as reference and use Visual Basic to create a pop out image viewer
Pros
Stays self contained
Easy viewing on Excel sheet
No need to tab back and fourth between a browser and Excel to view the map info and the map itself.
Cons
Requires everyone to enable macros to have the file even work
Might break when used by most non Excel programs/some older versions

Honestly looking at how Option 1 would be handled I really don't like that option as I would have to break every map into like 100 tiles just to make the viewing experience manageable. Plus looking up the information itself would be a nightmare. So really it is between Option 2 and 3 unless people really want option 1. Personally I like option 3 the most but the original goal of this project was to see what I could do with only using the basic Excel formulas, but I suppose at this point I am more interested in making a useful tool then a silly challenge for myself.

Offline Prism

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 02:31:00 AM »
Whatever's easiest for you, honestly. Option 2 sounds fine and I suppose the only disadvantage is it requires an internet connection, so maybe Option 3 is best. This one file is already more useful than most official strategy guides, so yeah, don't go to too much trouble.

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 07:19:05 PM »
Thanks for the input I think what I will do is go with Option2 and Option3 ... then just make a hotlink to the map on imgur or have a button to pop up the map. That way if people can just say no to enabling macro's and still use it if they don't like them.

Offline Greenmittenz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: TPDP Puppet Dex 1.7
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »
Bumping for updated version =p

- lots of minor bug fixes
- added in drop rates to the map viewer
- added in the drop table