Author Topic: Does this work for windows XP?  (Read 1242 times)

Offline catmusica

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Does this work for windows XP?
« on: January 18, 2015, 11:17:32 PM »
Pretty much title. I tried playing demo but got a purple box in bottom right screen and thats it. If the game does work for xp what do I need to run it and do I need to use app locale?

Offline Genichiro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Does this work for windows XP?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:53:28 AM »
Dunno if it runs on XP, but you need to switch your system locale to Japanese. Just using applocale alone isn't enough for this game, for some reason. Also try downloading and unzipping the demo while your system is set to Japanese locale. Unzipping while set to US tends to garble some of the file/folder names, which might be why you're getting that purple box.

Offline shurcle

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:08:09 PM »
Too shy to get anything done, sorry.

Offline catmusica

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 02:17:06 AM »
Yeah I saw the system requirements and I wanted to try it out. Once I changed the locale the demo ran really great. So I guess it does work for xp unless the demo has different system requirements

Offline Genichiro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »
I imagine them not listing XP is less that it won't work, and more that the OS is so outdated at this point they don't bother listing it. I'm pretty sure that the main game isn't that different from the demo in terms of will it run or not (ideally, the full game should be a bit more optimized, in theory). I'd encourage you to buy the full game and give it a go!