Author Topic: [out of date]Puppets with important moves  (Read 18241 times)

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
[out of date]Puppets with important moves
« on: January 16, 2015, 06:10:34 AM »
So the wiki's around to answer the question of who gets what, but it's sometimes down and annoying to dig through so I'm making this for those powerful, important, and rare moves that teams are built around. Let me know if there's anything important not on this list.

Manifest [Genbu] / 地相発現「玄武」 / Trick Room

Effect: For five turns, slower puppets move before faster puppets.

Defense Shingyoku
Assist Ruukoto
Assist Mugetsu
Defense Alice
Assist Renko
Defense Yatsuhashi
Speed Futo
Defense Toyohime

Manifest [Suzaku] / 地相発現「朱雀」 / (stall ain't dead enough -hemo)

Effect: For five turns, most skills and abilities that would restore HP instead inflict damage.

Assist Shingyoku
Assist Kurumi
Assist Renko
Speed Mokou
Power Mokou
Power Futo
normal mokou

Manifest [Byakko] / 地相発現「白虎」 / Gravity-ish

Effect: For five turns, most moves will no longer miss and critical hits do not occur. (OHKO moves can still miss)

Assist Shingyoku
Defense Koakuma
Defense Lunasa
Defense Keine
Assist Renko
Power Futo
Speed Futo
normal futo

Manifest [Seiryuu] / 地相発現「青龍」 / (magic room or wonder room, whichever you consider more pointless)

Effect: For five turns, moves no longer get STAB bonuses.

Defense Shingyoku
Assist Kotohime
Assist Renko
Power Futo
Speed Futo
normal futo

Stealth Trap / ステルストラップ / Stealth Rock

Effect: Lays an entry hazard that does 1/8 damage to puppets switching in, modified by their weakness/resistance to Steel.

Assist Magan
Assist Kotohime
Power Rikako
Defense Chiyuri
Assist Ruukoto
Defense Orange
Speed Nazrin
Defense Nazrin
Speed Lyrica
Power Tokiko
Assist Tokiko
Speed Aya
Speed Yorihime
Defense Momiji
Assist Sunny
normal nazrin
normal tokiko

Mine Trap / マイントラップ / Spikes

Effect: Lays an entry hazard that does 1/8 damage on entry to grounded(?) puppets. Can be stacked up to three times for 1/6 and 1/4 damage (presumably).

Speed Rika
Power Rika
Speed Rikako
Defense Sara
Assist Cirno
Power Cirno
Defense Kosuzu
Power Kagerou
Speed Kagerou
normal rika
normal kagerou

Poison Trap / ポイズントラップ / Toxic Spikes

Effect: Lays an entry hazard that poisons grounded(?) puppets on entry. Can be stacked up to two times to inflict heavy poison instead. (Unclear how this interacts with pre-existing poison/status)

Power Kurumi
Assist Kurumi
Assist Eirin
Power Eirin
Defense Yoshika
Power Yoshika
Assist Parsee
Defense Parsee
Assist Yamame
Power Yamame
Assist Hina
Defense Hina
normal kurumi
normal eirin
normal yoshika
normal parsee
normal yamame
normal hina

Bind Trap / バインドトラップ / Sticky Web

Effect: Lays an entry hazard that lowers the speed of grounded(?) puppets on entry.

Defense Koakuma
Assist Koakuma
Assist Wriggle
Assist Hina
Power Luna
normal koakuma

Backup Plan / 二段構え / Baton Pass

Effect: User switches out for another puppet, passing along stat modifiers and most temporary status.

Speed Meira
Defense Kotohime
Power Elly
Assist Cirno
Power Letty
Speed Lyrica
Assist Merlin
Assist Lunasa
Assist Kosuzu
Defense Rinnosuke
Power Rinnosuke
Defense Momiji
Speed Momiji

Forest Therapy / 森林浴 / Aromatherapy

Effect: Heals the user's party of status conditions.

Assist Kotohime
Defense Orange
Defense Daiyousei
Speed Daiyousei
Defense Yuyuko
Power Yuyuko
Assist Wriggle
normal daiyousei
normal yuyuko

Power Spot / パワースポット / Wish

Effect: Heals whoever is in the user's spot at the end of the next turn.

Power Letty
Assist Lily
Power Lily
Power Kaguya
Speed Mokou
Defense Yoshika
Power Yoshika
normal lily

Puppet's Grudge / 人形の怨返し / Memento

Effect: The user faints, harshly lowering the target's Focus Attack and Spread Attack.

Power Mai
Assist Shingyoku
Assist Magan
Assist Chen
Power Flandre
Speed Lyrica
Power Futo
Assist Hina
Assist Udonge

White Lily Dance / 白百合の舞 / Healing Wish

Effect: The user faints. The next puppet to come in has their HP fully restored.

Assist Mugetsu
Assist Lily
Power Kokoro
Speed Futo
Assist Yamame

Chasing Attack / 追伐 / Pursuit

Effect: Deals damage. If the target switches on the turn this is used, gains priority over the switch and doubles in power.

Power Gengetsu
Speed Sakuya
Defense Mamizou
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:46:14 AM by Doesnt »
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline Amenomori

• A Member group
  • I reach for the tile
    • View Profile
    • Whimsical Fate
Re: Puppets with important moves
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:14:24 AM »
Oh wow I didn't know there was Trick Room in this game. Time to make a team around it.

And Magic/Wonder Room seems useless.
I want to reach for the tile over there to win off of it.

I'm also known as Kirisame, so yeah. Call me whatever.

Offline Raikaria

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »
Oh wow I didn't know there was Trick Room in this game. Time to make a team around it.

And Magic/Wonder Room seems useless.

Removing STAB means a lot more for offensive puppets than it does to those who rely on residual damage and healing. You're cutting away 33% of some of their attacks power.

Anyway; I was wondering what the Terrain moves did. What do the weathers do/who learns them?

Offline Amenomori

• A Member group
  • I reach for the tile
    • View Profile
    • Whimsical Fate
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 03:10:21 PM »
In the long run I guess I can see it doing well.

Offline EifieFlare

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 12:00:42 AM »
Just confirming some things in case anyone was still wondering:

Mine Trap/Spikes
- Follows the 1/8 (1 layer) -> 1/6 (2 layers) -> 1/4 (3 layers) damage progression
- Cannot hit Puppets that are Wind-type or have Air Cushion

Poison Trap/Toxic Spikes
- Cannot overwrite any existing status effects (this means that it can't inflict Poison if the opponent already has both status slots filled, and it can't inflict Heavy Poison if even one status slot is filled)
- A pre-existing regular Poison status does get worsened to Heavy Poison if only 1 layer is on the field
- However, a pre-existing regular Poison status does not get worsened to Heavy Poison if 2 layers are on the field
- Also cannot hit Puppets that are Wind-type or have Air Cushion
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:28:37 AM by EifieFlare »

Offline Wingshadow

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:43:39 PM »
I know that I am not the only one wondering this, but which puppets have Slicing Wind (raises Speed and SpAtk one stage each) or Imposing Majesty (raises Speed and FoAtk one stage each)?

I only know of one puppet with Imposing Majesty (Power Murasa), and she works decently well as late-game cleanup/sweeper, especially with her Stream Form ability. I'm sure there are other hidden gems like her in the puppet list.

Offline Amenomori

• A Member group
  • I reach for the tile
    • View Profile
    • Whimsical Fate
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 03:16:09 AM »
I know that I am not the only one wondering this, but which puppets have Slicing Wind (raises Speed and SpAtk one stage each) or Imposing Majesty (raises Speed and FoAtk one stage each)?

I only know of one puppet with Imposing Majesty (Power Murasa), and she works decently well as late-game cleanup/sweeper, especially with her Stream Form ability. I'm sure there are other hidden gems like her in the puppet list.

Doing a short search in the wiki, it seems these mons have them. (Unless some changes have been made)

Imposing Majesty:
- PMeira
- PYumeko
- AKosuzu
- PKagerou
- PMurasa (as you said)
- SMomiji

Slicing Wind:
- PKurumi
- PYuki
- SRemilia
- AKosuzu
- DMystia

Offline YuyuKawashiro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 09:56:00 AM »
AKosuzu seems to have a lot of support skills and even Moody, Camouflage - Minimize and Backup plan - baton pass (it should be noted that it is written as Recoup in the wiki, don't know why). But with really really really low stat, she's like a "please kill me now" puppet, may be she needs another puppet to pass the buff, or just go 1st with her and hope that the opponent doesn't have a puppet that can kill her in one hit :/ If anyone can share how to make her work, that would be great.

Both Smomiji and Dmomiji seem to be able to hit hard, be fast and tanky with their own built-in Sturdy, they also have baton pass and good buff, you can either go buff built or just be really annoying with the "My HP is also your HP" skill. I think i'm gonna test both, having 3 utility/support skills really takes the offensive power away from her though.

Offline Wingshadow

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 01:33:02 PM »
AKosuzu can be a pain in the behind despite her low base stats due to her skills. She has both Thorned Ivy (evades all Focus attack moves and returns some damage) and Spirit Barrier (Avoids all skills), allowing her to switch between the two and stack up boosts(via Moody)/stall against focus-heavy teams. Once her speed stat is high enough, she can relatively safely pass the boosts to a sweeper to clear out the opposing team with ease, but watch out for spread-attacking puppets which Thorned Ivy cannot defend against. Honestly, though, I think you would probably be better off with a more bulky Moody user unless you want to bank on the fact that your opponent does not have any focus-attackers. You also cannot switch AKosuzu in despite her lack of weaknesses (only one, Dark) due to her abysmally low defensive stats, which leaves her firmly as a lead puppet or any time there is a safe switch-in (stop-inflicted opponent, following one of your own puppets fainting, etc.). If you really, really want to use her, run her with full speed power points, and a speed-boosting nature, because her only shot at surviving is abusing her defensive moves and praying to out-speed everything after a few boosts.

Alternatively, you can use her as a "decoy" if you are planning on running a Hobgoblin-ability puppet. Drop her into the last slot on your team and switch in/start off with PMamizou/PNue. Your opponents will assume she's setup bait, allowing you to get a powerful hit in before they realize their mistake.

For SMomiji and DMomiji, while using the "My HP is also your HP skill" watch out for Illusion-types, which are immune due to typing. Having so many support skills also leaves her open to "taunt" users, so watch out for that as well.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:51:51 PM by Wingshadow »

Offline YuyuKawashiro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »
As far as i know, praying that the opponent is bad enough that let me setup buff is not a good idea lol.
so AKosuzu has that anti focus skill, then i should put all pp into her spread defense and speed then. I did make her speed nature. So i guess the only way to pass the buff is by moody, kind of a pity.

I guess if i want to play the baton pass style i should just stick with SMomiji into PAya then.
Or she can pass to Kosuzu with +2 speed, may be lol. Yes, i really want this to work.

Offline Wingshadow

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 03:25:58 PM »
As far as i know, praying that the opponent is bad enough that let me setup buff is not a good idea lol.
so AKosuzu has that anti focus skill, then i should put all pp into her spread defense and speed then. I did make her speed nature. So i guess the only way to pass the buff is by moody, kind of a pity.

I guess if i want to play the baton pass style i should just stick with SMomiji into PAya then.
Or she can pass to Kosuzu with +2 speed, may be lol. Yes, i really want this to work.

Yes, given the offense-oriented nature of many puppets, it is generally a bad idea to assume they will do anything other than attempt to steamroll right through AKosuzu. You could also give her this game's equivalent of the Focus Sash in order to give her a free turn of survival in case something goes wrong (not sure what the official name for it in this game is). Even with max spread defense investment, AKosuzu's health will keep her from taking any hits, really, despite only having one weakness (dark). Sadly, I doubt AKosuzu has the luxury of being able to buff herself reliably aside from Moody.

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 11:47:05 PM »
AKosuzu can be a pain in the behind despite her low base stats due to her skills. She has both Thorned Ivy (evades all Focus attack moves and returns some damage) and Spirit Barrier (Avoids all skills), allowing her to switch between the two and stack up boosts(via Moody)/stall against focus-heavy teams.

That's not how Thorned Ivy works; it's just a Spiky Shield clone that damages high-power moves, and its fail rate goes off the same counter as Spirit Barrier.
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline Wingshadow

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 03:19:43 AM »
AKosuzu can be a pain in the behind despite her low base stats due to her skills. She has both Thorned Ivy (evades all Focus attack moves and returns some damage) and Spirit Barrier (Avoids all skills), allowing her to switch between the two and stack up boosts(via Moody)/stall against focus-heavy teams.

That's not how Thorned Ivy works; it's just a Spiky Shield clone that damages high-power moves, and its fail rate goes off the same counter as Spirit Barrier.

Huh, I've never used a puppet with both moves before so I haven't been able to test it out myself. I realize that is how it works in pokemon, but I did not want to assume this game works on exactly the same principals. I suppose that makes it even harder for her to actually survive long enough to pass buffs effectively, in that case.

Sorry, but I'm also a bit biased in this respect since I dislike how absurdly good PAya is based on her ability (Salvo) and wide access to multi-hit moves for great coverage options, which combined with her amazing speed (only outpaced by Speed Aya, Speed Futo, Speed Chen, and Speed Marisa, with only Speed Marisa being a real threat) makes her a nearly unrivaled powerhouse in terms of raw sweeping ability. She does fall easily to any steel-type with a priority steel move, however, or any of the faster sweepers with powerful wind moves.

It just doesn't sit well with me that the only way to reliably beat a puppet is to carry a specific counter (PYoumu, for example), or beat a sweeper with a faster sweeper with fewer coverage options (and is hence less useful overall other than countering PAya).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:21:20 AM by Wingshadow »

Offline Aphid

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 09:48:48 AM »
Would PIku be a good answer to PAya?

She can switch in freely on Spirit Rock Dance, takes reduced damage from Twister, has access to powerful Electric moves to KO. The question is if she can be made tanky enough to survive a warrior-type attack like Reckless Posture or Rush Attack from aya. I do belive she's going to have problems at x2 or more though.

Offline Wingshadow

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »
I was thinking that Power Toyohime might be a decent counter. Power Toyohime is immune to Spirit Rock Dance, and takes reduced damage from her warrior-type attacks. She has enough bulk to take her wind-type attacks as well (probably, I haven't tested it myself yet) and can OHKO with her own wind-type moves (Power Aya has a weakness to wind due to warrior typing). Power Aya also has access to Lightning Speed (basically Volt-Switch), allowing her to OHKO Power Toyohime while escaping, however.

To be a proper counter, a puppet has to be able to take not one, but two of Power Aya's attacks and survive, one on the switch and again on the second turn because there is a good chance she'll be slower than Aya. (that assumes Power Aya will even stay in against anything that could threaten her. She can simply use Lightning Speed to switch out and damage them back in the process).

Power Aya has access to Spirit Rock Dance, essentially preventing steel and electric-types from switching in that would normally wall Aya. Not all steel-types are weak to warrior (Speed Youmu, for example, is immune). When her power points are properly invested, Power Aya has a focus attack on par with uninvested base 130-power sweepers, making switching in on any attack, even neutral hits, a risky gambit. She also is practically immune to stall due to her attacks' high use count, and substitutes are similarly useless due to multi-hits.

PAya grants momentum from her mere presence. If she is chosen as the lead puppet, chances are the other player will be scrambling to counter her throughout the match. The only puppets that act as a firm counter to her would be faster sweepers which she cannot use Lightning Speed to escape or her speed to OHKO first (but must be used as revenge killers or leads), or Defense Shinyoku who can tank anything Aya can send at her and set up Genbu and nullify her speed advantage. She has an answer to all three of her weaknesses, and gains STAB against one of them.

PS: I'm sorry if I derailed the conversation. Defeating PAya is just something on my mind lately, so please forgive me ^_^"

PPS: I found a puppet that completely counters Power Aya, at least in terms of type advantage. Speed Ellen with Air Cushion ability resists or is immune to all of Power Aya's moves.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:31:59 AM by Wingshadow »