Author Topic: How to buy TPDP and work BuddyDRM  (Read 70757 times)

Offline Zeta Kaguya

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: How to buy TPDP and work BuddyDRM
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 04:48:45 AM »
Would it be possible to buy this game for someone else? If so, then how?

Offline sgtturret17

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 05:49:36 AM »
Can someone explain what is meant by reopening buddy afterwards?  I can't figure out how to work the buddyID app thingy, and I can't get the exe I downloaded to reopen either.

Offline PhantomPilot

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 07:28:45 AM »
Can someone explain what is meant by reopening buddy afterwards?  I can't figure out how to work the buddyID app thingy, and I can't get the exe I downloaded to reopen either.

how far have you gotten? iirc you should be able to run the exe you got from melonbooks and it'll bring up the buddy login, then once you log in and enter the license key you got from melonbooks it'll give you a prompt to extract the game installer somewhere.

if the exe you got from melonbooks doesnt work, maybe your antivirus or something is blocking it? if all else fails you can try re-downloading it, it should still be in your purchase list on melonbooks (log into melonbooks, click your username in the top left, and click on "注文履歴 / ダウンロード" in the panel on the left. the download button and license key will be on the right)

Offline sgtturret17

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 05:33:56 PM »
I tried re-extracting the exe, won't open. the original exe tells me it can't find itself.  I already inputted the code.

Offline PhantomPilot

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 07:23:49 PM »
I tried re-extracting the exe, won't open. the original exe tells me it can't find itself.  I already inputted the code.

have you set your computer to japanese locale? you may need to do that.

Offline sgtturret17

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 11:04:16 PM »
have you set your computer to japanese locale? you may need to do that.

EDIT: I *think* I got it to work by extracting the setup from inside the archive you download, using 7zip.  Working on patching it atm.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:16:23 PM by sgtturret17 »

Offline decondelite

• A Member group
    • View Profile
How to buy TPDP and work BuddyDRM
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
Hello.

Just a head's up: as far as I can see today, BuddyDRM isn't necessary anymore, as there isn't any key given anymore and we can install the game straight away by downloading it from Melonbooks. It goes the same with the game extention "Yume no Kakera". We just download the game, unzip, launch the installer, and it's already working.

You may want to include the link to YnK in this tutorial by the way.

Offline CrucialTwinz

• A Member group
  • Kappa Science Engineering
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »
Ahh, yeah I didn't even think about that! I will do that asap (little busy at the moment, just happened to check on here). Thanks for the heads up!
*insert flavor text here*

Skype, Steam, PSN is all the same: CrucialTwinz
Add me so we can game friends!

Offline Iceassassin25

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »
This is a fan game right? Why should people be paying for something that should be free?

Spar

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 03:44:52 AM »
Correct this is a fan game. And like a lot of games it is not free. Out of curiosity why should it be free? As far as I know ZUN hasn't told fan artists that they aren't allowed to make any money from their work.

Offline Iceassassin25

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 11:54:44 AM »
The thing is that someone is gaining money by using somebody else's work.....it just seems scummy

Spar

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »
All ZUN provided is the base characters (which he allows others to use), and the base music (which he allows others to use), as well as some of the storyline and world elements (which he also allows others to use), while Gamefreak's Pokemon franchise is little more than inspiration and nothing beyond basic concepts remain. It's not like FocasLens didn't put in any effort into the game, making the engine, the artwork, the sprites, the maps, the enemies, the story, and providing online competitive play. If you feel that they don't deserve to turn a profit on something that they put time and effort into, that's your own opinion.

Offline Iceassassin25

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 11:09:28 AM »
Fan games should be free though as in the end the game is just pokemon with the sprites, music and story changed.......its pretty much a ROM hack but made from scratch like a lot of the pokemon rpgmaker games

Spar

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 04:51:13 AM »
So... A ROM hack, minus the ROM and the hack parts? Doesn't that just mean it's a game? It since it solves a lot of my annoyances I've had with the Pokemon series (like having only three starters to choose from, the crap shoot breeding system, getting no experience when catching new Pokemon, as well as removing the garbage HM moves, the useless single-use hold items, and the huge pile of trash Pokemon that are not even remotely competitive), so for me it was much better than Pokemon has ever been. And RPGmaker Pokemon spinoffs aren't made from scratch. They're made in RPGmaker, in which most of the work is done for you.

Regardless, don't pay for it if you don't want. Nobody is making you play it. Just ignore it and play something else.

Offline Iceassassin25

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2017, 04:56:04 AM »
I want to play it but I will probably end up torrenting it at some point

I know torrenting is looked down apon but look at ROM hacks, nobody pays for those