Author Topic: Regarding distribution of the game's assets  (Read 13163 times)

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
Regarding distribution of the game's assets
« on: January 08, 2015, 04:05:18 AM »
From this moment on, we will no longer be posting complete rips of the uploaded dat files. There are several reasons for this, but the absolute largest one being: We will no longer endorse piracy of this game.

"Then why were you posting the rips before!"
Good question eventual asker! We uploaded the rips for the purpose of the translation project only. Right now they are being used to ensure people can play the game without buying the actual game, which is something we don't want going on. Not only that, but we do't want faulty and incomplete builds of the translations going around. We are adopting the policy of uploading only what needs to be translated here-on-out.

"But how are we supposed to buy the game, we weren't at Comiket!"
Another good question! Hemo and the FocasLens team made a statement several months ago, and followed through on it, that he would be releasing a digital download of the game. Recently that digital download came out and can be downloaded at Melonbooks here: http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000177135. From now on, this is how we suggest you obtain the game.

"But the website's in Japanese, how are we supposed to navigate it?"
One of us will be buying the game at some point in the future from this site, guaranteed. When we do, we will put up a tutorial on how to navigate the website and purchase this game, just for you all to read!

A guide has been put up by a member of the forum that walks you through how to purchase and setup the game via the digital download, the link can be found here

"Purchase? But that's not free! Why should I have to pay for this when you all were uploading it for free!"
I'll restate what I said above, the uploaded data files were for the purpose of the translation project. It also happened to be really convenient for us to obtain since the Digital download wasn't available yet. We had agreed at the very start that downloads would be pulled as soon as the digital download went live. We here in the community respect Hemo and his efforts, and we refuse to contribute to the piracy of his games here. A few new policies will be enacted here on this board.

• First and foremost, we will no longer be informing you how to patch illegally obtained copies of the game. All patching threads are being removed from the forum.
  • Assets to get around the patching process will no longer be provided
  • In the same vein, we will not answer how to extract the arc files on the forum. It's rather simple to figure out, look around.
  • We will not answer questions on where to obtain illegal copies of the game. If you're really that desperate, there are methods to achieve your ends.
  • Posting links to illegal copies of the full game here will be deleted, if not grounds for immediate ban. Yes, this also includes Pre-Patched copies of the game.
Those are the new policies of this board. The translation team and several other members of the community have agreed on these rules. Follow them, and things will go over swell!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:54:57 PM by DerxwnaKapsyla »
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline CrucialTwinz

• A Member group
  • Kappa Science Engineering
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding distribution of the game's assets
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:07:42 AM »
If no one else has it done, I will be purchasing the game come Friday from the site, and will do my best to take picture by picture steps if no one else does it prior to me. Fair warning, I suck at writing "How to" guides though, but I'm sure people around here will correct it on me haha.
*insert flavor text here*

Skype, Steam, PSN is all the same: CrucialTwinz
Add me so we can game friends!

Offline DoctorShanks

• :coolguys:
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • dumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:06:00 AM »
Thank you for getting this posted, Derx. I had meant to post my version, but it felt incomplete, and I wasn't sure when was going to be the right time to post it.

If no one else has it done, I will be purchasing the game come Friday from the site, and will do my best to take picture by picture steps if no one else does it prior to me. Fair warning, I suck at writing "How to" guides though, but I'm sure people around here will correct it on me haha.

A picture guide on how to buy the game would be splendid. I personally intend to buy the game, and a guide by someone who knows how to traverse through the language barrier would be very welcomed.

Offline Colticide

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 06:22:58 AM »
Just so happens I still have a tutorial that someone sent me when I was trying to get Labyrinth of Touhou 1 & 2.

http://imgur.com/a/qA3Dc

Offline biggs223

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »
That tutorial is still working, i bought the game 2 days ago. But don't forget to create a drmbuddy account, you need it to extract the setup file.

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
It's rather simple to figure out, look around.

Funny, 'cause every program I found FAILED.

Offline Colticide

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 08:37:30 PM »
It's rather simple to figure out, look around.

Funny, 'cause every program I found FAILED.

What are you having issues with?

Offline Mille

• Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
    • oh no its a website
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 08:41:23 PM »
most people get the hint after being told subtly but since you aren't getting it here it is straight

we are not helping you rip the files for your own use
[6:30:51] DoctorShanks: Is Star Sapphire actually good or do people just use her because she's cute? Or both?
[6:30:55] Irisorchid: both
[6:30:57] &Agastya: both
[6:30:59] PrinnyAce: BOTH

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
Well if we can't rip them then we can't apply the translation.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 09:32:31 PM »
The translation will be applied through an external patch that does not distribute the game's individual assets. This is a reason why we pulled the extracted arc files from the board - so we didn't spread the extracted assets now that the game was released.

Once the translation is done, we have people looking into making an external patching system that will either overwrite the relevant entries in the arcs, or modify the exe to read a separate file that contains only the translated assets.

Right now we are not at a stage where we can accurately answer how we are distributing the translation.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline FlareKyn

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 09:36:51 PM »
Did I just miss that or something?  I don't remember that being mentioned anywhere on the forums.

Well if it'll be through an external patch then I suppose I can wait.

Offline pogox

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »
I just brought & installed the game..and wondering if there still a way to unpack the .arc files..
I like those BGMs very much, wishing to have them in my music player..
Pardon me if an unpacking tool dose offends the forum...

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 06:13:01 AM »
Discussion of .arc extraction in general, for any purpose, is not allowed on the forums. Given a-TTTempo's music releasing history, we can likely expect to see a proper OST in the future.
I do the 2humons in RMXP