Author Topic: "Legendary" Puppets  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Spyro

• A Member group
    • View Profile
"Legendary" Puppets
« on: September 18, 2014, 08:50:40 PM »
If a hack is taking place in a region other than Hoenn, what would the equivalent of that region's legendaries be?

XUtsuho, XSuwako, and XTenshi are the weather trio of Hoenn, let's discuss and think of ideas of what the other legendaries would be!

Kanto:

Legendary Birds: Elis, Mima, and Yuugenmagan almost always replace one of the "Legal" legendary groups. (In this case, I'll put them in place of the legendary birds.)

Mewtwo: I feel like an XYukari would make a lot of sense here, both share a very similar type (Psychic and Reason).

Johto:

Legendary Beasts: Sariel, Konngara, and Kikuri usually replace another set of legal legendaries, in this case, I'll attribute it to the Legendary Beasts

Tower Duo: XMokou, because she resembles a phoenix like Ho-Oh sometimes does, and XKaguya to counterpart XMokou.

Hoenn:

Legendary Golems: A final trio of PC-98 characters are not present in any hacks, but could be. These being Noroiko, Matenshi, and the Wheel Demon (also sometimes named Hinamei or Wayousei)

What are your guy's ideas of legendaries?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:53:00 PM by Spyro »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: "Legendary" Puppets
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 01:13:31 AM »
keep in mind that both vanilla hacks have sariel as the mewtwo slot. (1.5 has the birds be kikuri/kongarra/yuugenmagan, 1.8 has them be mima/elis/yuugenmagan)

As far as my idea of legendaries, I feel like touhou dosen't really feel like warrants legendaries, as disappointing as that sounds. Considering that you have a few "legendary" beings like kaguya, shinki, and utsuho running around as normal puppets. there are a few exceptions, like that cherry tree that yuyuko tried to revive in PCB (which is a boss-exclusive puppet in 1.8, actually.) or the apparent dragon god that had a hand in creating gensokyo.

Of course, there is the trend of just slapping "LW", "X", or "Z" onto the start of puppets and buffing their stats, but that tends to go into really bad places if not handled delicately.

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline SSShakuras

• A Member group
    • View Profile
    • http://streifer.free.fr/
Re: "Legendary" Puppets
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:21:33 PM »
Of course, there is the trend of just slapping "LW", "X", or "Z" onto the start of puppets and buffing their stats, but that tends to go into really bad places if not handled delicately.

Like this :

... and don't remember to add the effect of "pure power" to the screen