Author Topic: ReimuFate?  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
ReimuFate?
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »
When I was looking through my old files today, I noticed a set of folders called "Reimufate". After checking up on google, apparently this is a relatively new japanese touhoumon hack. (which probably isn't that new) I know this was mentioned in the Additional Versions thread almost a year ago, but did anyone play it? I'm kinda wondering if it's actually good, or if it's just a steaming pile of unfair/awkward difficulty like Sanzanka was. I couldn't get the patches working myself, so I'm curious. Apparently you need a pre-patched japanese touhoumon 1.8 ROM, but the ones I used didn't work with it for some reason.

As mentioned in the additional versions thread, the patches for it can be found here: http://ux.getuploader.com/reimu016/

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
  • Self-Proclaimed Touhoumon Nerd
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
Re: ReimuFate?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:52 AM »
As far as I know, it's still in active development. However, the creator made the "pseudo dragons" (Like Salamence and the other dragons used by the E4) obtainable (They made the backsprites). They're also making custom sprites for the DDC cast and a couple of unofficial characters like Mitori and Sasha, but the quality of the art is...acceptable at best.

As far as gameplay, there doesn't seem to be much of a level spike in the beginning (at least as far as I've played). There's a Cirno that follows you around like Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow despite the fact that you don't get one in the beginning. I imagine most of the challenges to come in Postgame, as I did peruse the ROM a bit after patching, and there are some "Last Word" puppets in the mix.

Oh, and there are custom cries in it (like in enhanced) if that's a thing.

Overall, there's not much of a change during maingame (at least from the start to Mt. Moon), but I may be wrong since I didn't play through all of it.

If you really want to try a hack that's more dramatic in its changes, try looking at this one called 風タイプから電気を分離 (lit. Separation of Electricity from the Wind type). It's updated almost every day, includes optional patches for Johto and DDC characters, and a few other things like:
  • Like the translation says, it separates Wind from Electric, meaning some Wind moves in 1.8 like Thunderbolt regressed to Electric.
  • Some Puppets have Gen IV and V abilities, like Prankster on the Light Fairies and Mold Breaker on Sanae and Tenshi.
  • Some moves were modded, like making "Psywave" into "Stored Power", "Recollection" into "Metal Burst" for cSatori, and adding Volt Switch. Some of the moves underwent the Gen VI treatment."

Check it out here: http://ux.getuploader.com/ningyougekihikousiki/
Most of the time, it will be the first two links. Yes, you need a clean Japanese Fire Red ROM, so you don't need to patch Vanilla 1.8 first. Sadly, it probably won't be translated, but it's still fun to play. I have an outdated version, but hunting for the Lucky Egg on Route 3, I found that Luna gets Growth, which works like Acupressure in this hack. Couple that with Prankster, and...well, give it a shot if you want. At least this one plays out like normal 1.8 in terms of difficulty. Can't really say the same for "Reimufate".

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
before I even dive into that, I had to take a moment to contemplate the effect that prankster star sapphire would have on the metagame. (or prankstar, I guess.)
still, seems interesting, I'll give it a shot.
(and minor, but mitori/sasha have acceptable 1.8-styled sprites mashups from touhoumon blue, so I dunno if the customs are REALLY necessary.
Still, I'll be sure to give "separation of electricity" a try

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:30:24 PM »
Okay, found out why I couldn't patch anything. the fire red base I was using was messed up. found a good version and managed to get the main patch working, so I've started up a playthrough of the version that SoulfulLex posted. couldn't add any of the new puppet patches because they caused sanae's gust to become a OHKO move, (well, it one-shot my reisen.) and caused pound to do no damage at all. I think I'm the kind of idiot who needs a pre-patched version of this thing... (or a patch that contains every one of the patches like enhanced...) so I'm going into this unmodified, I guess. I'll edit in my thoughts as I progress through it. if I don't notice any changes by the misty fight, however, then I'm calling it quits and just going back to pixelmon until dosen't gets his new hack finished. which I assume won't be for a while.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:32:56 PM by Neotornado »

Offline ZXNova

• A Member group
  • Life is an explosion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:54:37 PM »
Seperation of wind and electric types huh. So how does it work? Does Electric have it's same effectiveness, but what does wind get?

I would assume that'd make characters like Marisa be Electric/Reason, whilst Aya remains Wind/Flying. Then you have Iku, which would be Electric/Wind. This seems like a cool but strange idea. Now there's an 18th type that's not fairy. Inb4 Wind acts like fairy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:13:37 PM by ZXNova »

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
  • Getting into the hacking.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel (in both spanish ang english)
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 11:58:15 PM »
It's great to hear that there are new Touhoumon hacks in development, now I have a question about this hack, two for be precise: how do I patch it? (I know how to use Lunar IPS, the problem is that I can't stand the patches names and I don't know which PKMN ROM I must use in order to apply the patch. How do I know if there's a new version?. That's it, thank you.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
  • Self-Proclaimed Touhoumon Nerd
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 03:08:46 AM »
It's great to hear that there are new Touhoumon hacks in development, now I have a question about this hack, two for be precise: how do I patch it? (I know how to use Lunar IPS, the problem is that I can't stand the patches names and I don't know which PKMN ROM I must use in order to apply the patch. How do I know if there's a new version?. That's it, thank you.

The patch is updated on a rolling-release basis. This means that since the developer is continuously working on it, a new update could be posted as soon as tomorrow.

The updates are found here: http://ux.getuploader.com/ningyougekihikousiki/
The patch you're looking for is 風タイプから電気を分離 . As of the time of posting, it's version 1.876.
In addition, patch this (風タイプから電気を分離パッチにジョウト地方を追加) AFTER the first one if you want to play the game with Johto Postgame. There are some other patches inside the .zip as well (like optional DDC characters).

Those two are to be patched to a vanilla Japanese Pokemon Fire Red ROM. Personally, I use Lunar IPS, but you can also use WinIPS. If the names are a problem, just change them.

Hope that helps.

Offline Zebesiano123

• A Member group
  • Getting into the hacking.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel (in both spanish ang english)
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:36:24 PM »

The patch is updated on a rolling-release basis. This means that since the developer is continuously working on it, a new update could be posted as soon as tomorrow.

The updates are found here: http://ux.getuploader.com/ningyougekihikousiki/
The patch you're looking for is 風タイプから電気を分離 . As of the time of posting, it's version 1.876.
In addition, patch this (風タイプから電気を分離パッチにジョウト地方を追加) AFTER the first one if you want to play the game with Johto Postgame. There are some other patches inside the .zip as well (like optional DDC characters).

Those two are to be patched to a vanilla Japanese Pokemon Fire Red ROM. Personally, I use Lunar IPS, but you can also use WinIPS. If the names are a problem, just change them.

Hope that helps.
Ah great, thank you, recently I downloaded the file that you said and the major confusion starts from here:

The files has a corrupted-like name that makes no sense except for the one that has the version of the game, you know about what's the content of each IPS patch? (the main patch "^CvdC ver1.876.ips" I know that it is by seeing so no problem with this one.). Again, thanks.
~Zebesiano123~

Offline Game2014

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
I made an account here to talk about this.

I applied the patches to a clean JPN Fire Red ROM, but nothing happened...  I tried both Lunar IPS and WinIPS too.

Did I do anything wrong?

Are you really sure it's a Fire Red ROM and not a 1.8 ROM?

Thanks in advance!