Author Topic: TPDP Beginner Information  (Read 3169 times)

Offline CrucialTwinz

• A Member group
  • Kappa Science Engineering
    • View Profile
TPDP Beginner Information
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:50:05 AM »
Ok, so forgive me if this is terrible, and I'll accept and adjust anything that you may feel needs to be altered. Expect this information to become adjusted as more is brought in, and I'll probably wipe this to edit for the full game when it comes out. Until then I wanted to get all pertinent information together for new players to TPDP as best I could. I also didn't see anything related to the number of images I could add in a single post, so if I need to move things around I will. Until then... I'm blasting off now! (Also to note, I am not a speaker of the Japanese language at all. NONE OF WHAT I'M CALLING ANYTHING IS A TRANSLATION OF ANY SORT. It's just what I'm calling it to make it easy to get across.)

To start off, the most important thing to note is that THE ENTIRE TYPE LIST HAS CHANGED. Alot of the characters are still similar to what they were, and many of the moves that you would THINK would work generally do. I will admit when I first fought a Rumia with an Alice that her Dark attack being super effective surprised me though. Light weak to Dark, WHO KNEW. I digress, with new types come new challenges, which is nice.

Healers and Shops

The healer locations come in two flavors, one the typical "Pokemon Center" style

The other located in the shrine

At the Center Style you're also able to make purchases of healing items. As of the Demo they only carry 4 items. One I have NO IDEA what it does, so I need some clarification on that.

You can also find shop keepers that sell Seals (To capture puppets) as well as other items (in the Human Village as of demo.)

This shop carries alot of stuff for 1000$ each. I have no idea what any of them do, and to be honest there's quite a few. If I had to take a stab at a guess it's probably STAB boosters (pun intended), but the important part is it's the seal shop in Human Village!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:27:30 PM by CrucialTwinz »
*insert flavor text here*

Skype, Steam, PSN is all the same: CrucialTwinz
Add me so we can game friends!

Offline CrucialTwinz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: TPDP Beginner Information
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 04:50:24 AM »
Combat
So, to start this off, take a look at the basics and we'll work from there.

The first and most important thing is your "Fight" option. Inside it you will see all the various attacks at your characters disposal, and most importantly, know what does what. To put it in perspective, every attack does a specific TYPE of damage, Focused or Spread (Attack and Special Attack respectively). Each scales off the corresponding stat. To put that into perspective...

Red names on attacks denote them as doing Focused Damage, where Blue names denote Spread.

When performing your attacks obviously you either do damage, heal, debuff/buff, etc.  Each attack is also color coded by the border for element as well as stating that element within the box as well.

During wild encounters, to capture you must use a Seal, like an orb/ball, but defeat your opponent during the Seal effect. After that you automatically gain the character under your disposal, it fully heals if it gets added to the active party, and your characters also gain exp.

If a seal is successful on applying to an enemy they get a red Spell Circle around them signifying it's your chance to beat them down. Seals only last a few turns (Least 1, most I've seen is 3) so you want to use them near low HP/within one shot of defeat to capture.

As you can tell, the Alice I just caught shows "New" as I had a spot available in my party, and she gains no EXP. If I was full she would have been sent to the Akyuu PC. The Alice I had gained a level, and it shows with the blue "Level Up". This screen also shows if you gain new skills to learn with PP, a secondary type of experience, which I will cover next. As you can also see, the lower level members of my party gained more EXP than my OP Reimu, to assist them in catching up, a nice touch for players who find something they like and stick with it, but need more options!

That covers the important parts of battle, next up is PP and You!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:00:03 AM by CrucialTwinz »

Offline CrucialTwinz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:01:14 AM »
PP and You
And also stats.

A nice addition is the ability to be your own move tutor, as well as NOT have to grind random Puppets for specific EV's, via PP! PP, or as I'm calling it, Power Points (Hey those are in the actual series!) give you access to a whole slew of extras. But instead of explaining it with words, let's show ya what I mean.

So, we want to select that 4th option to get into the PP menu. Inside there you'll see a few options, as well as your important number of PP left. In Echo!!'s case she has 32. That seems like a good bit.

Alright, so for now, let's see if she has anything to learn.

So she has a new move she can learn, for 20 PP, which is well within budget. After you learn it...

It gives you this screen. The bottom option in this case is pretty much "Hey put it here, you don't have a move available in this slot yet!" After you select it you'll see your PP take the 20 point hit, which that cost varies by move and power, and it will take you back to the move list screen.

So, the top option on the other hand, the EV Training option gives you this screen. I'm not good with this stuff as far as a technical standpoint, but I DO KNOW that adding points adds to your total, each point costs 1 PP, and after getting enough points in each stat those stats raise up. In Orelia's case I want her to have more Speed and Focus Attack, so let's put those there for explanation purposes.

As you can see it raises her Focus Attack and Speed slightly for just a few points worth. Speaking of stats though...

As you may notice, every stat has a letter next to it on your characters status screen. Each letter represents the IV of that stat. Each letter can be between E all the way up to S, with + and - sometimes being thrown in; S being the highest possible of course. You may also notice that one of the numbers are blue. That's related to...

That thing. What that is though, is a simplified Nature system. Instead of every stat having a positive/negative form for natures, now there are 5 natures that each give just a bonus to a single stat, with no penalty to others.
Red: Focus Attack
Blue: Focus Defense
Black: Spread Attack
White: Spread Defense
Green: Speed

Each of those are able to confer a small additional bonus on top of the IV/EV bonuses you have as well. As such, with that S in Focused Attack and the Red Nature, that character is going to be very useful as a Focused Sweeper!

Well, that's everything I can think of for now, and I'm very tired, it's 3AM. If there's anything else, please as I said in the first post, let me know. I'll be more than happy to add, as I know I missed SOMETHING in here somewhere. Good night for now.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:42:07 AM by CrucialTwinz »

Offline CrucialTwinz

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:43:05 AM »
I'm gonna hold this spot for now on the off chance I need it. Otherwise I'll figure out something. Until then have a picture of a cute puppet.

Offline EXSariel

• AKA The Jamminstein (as Agastya puts it)
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »
Very handy thread for anyone not using the (currently unreleased) english translation. Thank you.
I'm not here.