Poll

Turns out I can't remove a poll?

Whelp
gg

Author Topic: Touhoumon Tweaked Version (Version 1.15 is out!)  (Read 64288 times)

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
  • Successfully nuzlocked Touhoumon UnNamed
    • View Profile
Re: Touhoumon Tweaked Version (Version 1.1 is out!)
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2016, 10:11:10 PM »
I did what my signature said and finished UnNamed, so I'll be active here again. XD
Fixed the issue with low kick, I'm confused as to how I didn't find that earlier. Also fixed a few other things and made a tiny change to two puppet lines that I'm probably going to get complaints about.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:13:34 PM by Neotornado »

Whelp, it finally happened. TouhoumonUnNamed HAS BEEN COMPLOCKED.

Offline Wrulfang

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Touhoumon Tweaked Version (Version 1.13 is out!)
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2016, 07:43:41 PM »
That bug with luster purge remembers me of Musou tensei.

1.5 was a wild ride

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2016, 06:26:40 PM »
funny thing, I think it WAS Musou tensei at one point in development. That would explain why I forgot to change it back to reason type. XD

Also debating on changing the starter AGAIN, since I feel like not many people are going to want to start their adventure with a puppet as obscure as shingyoku. As with last time, don't have many good options for starters but I'm debating on tenshi and kokoro if I DID want to go with a different starter. (although I'd probably balance out kokoro's defenses to make her a bit more manageable?)

Offline ZephyrValgale

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2016, 02:25:32 AM »
Fun Fact: Zeph's fav 2hu is Kokoro.

Might be interesting to have her as a starter.

Offline Wrulfang

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »
I'm still more fond to a 3 starter choice.

Also, I don't quite remember if kokoro is ghost here, I've seen it as ghost in other places. I think ghost is a weird type for a starter.

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »
I'm still more fond to a 3 starter choice.

Also, I don't quite remember if kokoro is ghost here, I've seen it as ghost in other places. I think ghost is a weird type for a starter.
I tried so hard to get 3 starter choice going, but it was such an absolute mess balance-wise that I eventually got fed up and just went with a single starter choice. (I didn't want to do faith/heart/reason and fire/water/grass got smashed by the fact that puppets with those typings in the 530/540 BST range were pretty rare, especially on water's end.)

And Kokoro's Heart/ghost here. Thankfully, unlike shoddy the chibi is pure heart, so she dosen't have to worry about the early game beast hell that shingyoku has to worry about if she does become a starter.

I'm going to note, tenshi's actually been a starter before in this hack, so I shouldn't have TOO much of an issue adapting her to be one again. if I change kokoro it'll probably be to make her sp. defense a bit better. (and I'll probably change the rival puppets to be sanae/reimu)

...actually I just realized that if I removed [inspoiler]bubble-typed kogasa[/inspoiler], I would have enough slots to fit in Sumireko. Then again that's only if she even HAS four sprites. It was hard enough just finding four sprites for the TD & DDC casts, finding four for a new character is going to be a nightmare.

*night edit!*
Found two more bugs while working on the test rom.
1. Fantasy seal just flat-out ignores protect. I dunno if this was intended or not but it'll now be blocked by protect in the next version.
2. The master ball displays the wrong text in hard mode. It should display the right text in the next version.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:29:53 AM by Neotornado »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2016, 12:43:26 AM »
Messed around a bit more with a test run with kokoro: already hit a ton of stuff I've missed. Most notably, the secret item in seafoam was just not working no matter what I did with it, so I just moved it up a level, which should hopefully make it work properly.
Also thoughts: should ALuize be mixed? I'm debating on making it a swift special attacker. for reference, her current spread is 75/80/60/95/75/125 and I'm thinking of changing it to 75/70/60/105/75/125. Thoughts?

Zak-something

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2016, 04:33:04 PM »
So I bugged around Seafoam Island trying to find the Dew for the tree, to the point where I gave up and cracked open a map editor. Apparently it's located behind the rapids where it's impossible to get to until you move the rocks into the right place, but the problem is when you do, the area in the walls you hollowed out where it's supposed to be seem to revert back to the original unedited map, meaning that it's impossible to get to it at all.
is there something I'm missing, or...?
i'd post pics but I'm not sure if it counts as spoiler or not
Also

Blank unwalkable tile.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:45:55 PM by Zak-something »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2016, 03:45:37 PM »
So I bugged around Seafoam Island trying to find the Dew for the tree, to the point where I gave up and cracked open a map editor. Apparently it's located behind the rapids where it's impossible to get to until you move the rocks into the right place, but the problem is when you do, the area in the walls you hollowed out where it's supposed to be seem to revert back to the original unedited map, meaning that it's impossible to get to it at all.
is there something I'm missing, or...?
i'd post pics but I'm not sure if it counts as spoiler or not
Also

Blank unwalkable tile.
I actually ran into that problem in my own test run, and that seems like it's what's happening. I eventually wound up moving it a floor up and it seems to be working all right? did miss that blank tile though I'll made sure to fix that.
Also one negative thing about kokoro as a starter is that she's pretty dang frail for a starter at 75/60/60. (I just realized that if I had Reimu/Marisa/Kokoro as a starter triangle, that would still work out well in terms of type. thoughts? I might put Kokoro's defenses back at 75/70/50 in that case and nerf Reimu's BST a tiny bit)

Zak-something

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2016, 04:47:58 PM »
That might work. I browsed through to see if the floor got replaced by a separate map but couldn't find said map any.

It's an interesting idea for starters. I think it'd work but I'm not really good on gauging balance and what's good or not, ask anyone who's battled me... >.>

Also I'm sorry to do this again but I found another bug.
in-game trade Magic Stones.

EDIT:
Also this can happen.

You kinda need to be intentionally doing it to get this to happen though, unlike the time my friend got stuck, but it still happens.
And I beat the swimmer my first go through this was me coming back for E4 grinding so the swimmer was moving but just pretend i didn't and I got stuck.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:28:41 PM by Zak-something »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2016, 12:49:49 AM »
Still starter debating after taking a month-long break. Mainly because kokoro is so absurdly frail that I doubt she'll be fit as a mono-starter. (for context in my test run she fainted at about gym 5, and even before that she was doing a pretty bad job at tanking hits) Then again shingyoku had the same issue with being outsped by everything, and in yellow pikachu was both frail and not very powerful once you got past about gym 2.
Debating on going back to a starter trio at this point to be honest. If anything I could go with a modified 1.5 triangle, just with a heart-type to help curb marisa. I'd probably bump reimu down to a 540 BST if that was the case. (dunno if there's a tanky heart-type in the 530/540 BST base though and no satori does not count)
Re-opened the poll for it and added a possible option for the pre-TPDP starters.
*edit*
also if anyone has a script to reset a puppet's EV totals, that would be massively appreciated, since I'm not the best at scripting myself and Fire Red does not have the berries do that like emerald does.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:55:37 AM by Neotornado »

Offline Neotornado

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Touhoumon Tweaked Version (Version 1.15 is out!)
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2017, 06:38:04 PM »
Updated to the newer version, the starter triangle is now back (decided on reimu/marisa/kokoro) and updated a few minor things as well. Full details are in the changelog.

Offline Gensomura

• A Member group
  • Anime Form Elis
    • View Profile
    • Own Wiki Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »
Is it too late to point out a VERY minor thing i noticed?

Appearently even if Gary/Blue is replaced with Leaf (the vanilla FireRed/LeafGreen female playable character), Daisy still refers to her as if she was still Gary/Blue

Literally unplayable (obviously sarcasm)
Unnamed Team:

TSanae nicknamed Kirito (after the SAO character)
TSuika nicknamed Bowser (after the SMB character)
AKokoro nicknamed Nodoka H. (after the Saki character Nodoka Hanamura)
Tokiko nicknamed Miki Hoshi (after the iDOLM@STER character Miki Hoshii)
Cirno nicknamed SeiBlanny (after own character named Seijou Taiyo and Neptunia character Blanc)
SOkuu nicknamed SeitoriIF (after own character named Seijou Taiyo, Love Live! character named Kotori Minami, and Neptunia character named IF)

Offline Drewko

• A Member group
  • Hi! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
Well... it's because in this dialog Daisy is not speaking about Gary, but about her (and Gary's) grandpa. I'm not sure but last i checked Prof.Oak has a problems with other people's gender, not his own.

Offline foggy

• A Member group
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2017, 01:26:12 PM »
What can I say, this hack is one of the most interesting pokemon rom hacks out there for me right now.  I really like the idea.  The 1.5 puppetdex has a lot of weird stuff that I don't know what to think about (like Marisa being an Electric type), but it also has a lot of draw for me specifically because it isn't as balanced as 1.8 and therefore the capabilities of the puppets are at least a bit more representative of the characters they are based on.  It makes me feel more like I have puppets based on those characters, and as a result I become more attached to my puppets.  Some of it's other consequences are rather unfortunate, but oh well.

I would have even been thinking about asking for permission to use this hack as a base for a hack that I'm thinking about making, but as I am very much a newbie to hacking, some of the bugs that this hack has make me feel rather helpless.  I don't know how much I would be able to do about them.

Regardless, it is really impressive that you did all this and I'm also really glad to see Touhoumon hacks still getting updates in 2017.  Thanks a lot for the update!  Hopefully I get around to playing this soon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:52:09 PM by foggy »