Author Topic: August 9th Broadcast  (Read 2860 times)

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
  • Self-Proclaimed Touhoumon Nerd
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
August 9th Broadcast
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »
It's that time again, boys and girls.

This morning's broadcast was the most comprehensive to date; Hemoglobin_A1C (presumably) played a portion of the trial he'll be releasing next Saturday at Comiket 86. Rather than summarize things this time around, I figure people should watch the broadcast instead.

View the broadcast here: http://goo.gl/1DIzBP

Just like last time, the broadcast was split into two segments, both a half-hour each. There's also a Pre-Show I recorded, but unless you understand Japanese, there's not much to see.

Technically, this was the third broadcast regarding Gensou Ningyo Enbu. The first broadcast is also a part of the playlist I linked to this post. The second broadcast was never recorded (Nicovideo broadcasts are archived for 7 days after the live session, then erased / rendered inaccessible), but it was summed up by the developer's Twitter blog (https://twitter.com/gn_gekidan), as well as yours truly (http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/forum/index.php?topic=291.0).

Offline Elyk

• A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: August 9th Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
Thanks for the upload; I missed the start of it when I watched it this morning.

A few things I noticed:

-The first item listed is style. Everything shown in the stream was Normal. This might imply Defense/Attack/Speed styles.
-Third item listed is stamp/mark or something. This Kyouko's is red. His Reimu's is black and his Seiga's is green. Not sure if this affects anything but the colors don't match the puppet's actual color. It is also important enough to be listed on the box screen.

-Every puppet earns EXP from battles whether they participate or not. However it seems like they all earned different amounts so it's uncertain how that is calculated.
-Puppets seem to automatically heal a bit after battles.

At around the 23min mark he swaps out the save for a more complete one. The puppets on it are all at lv20 and gain no EXP after finishing fights. 20 might be the level cap. 20 seems kind of low though since he takes one puppet from like 3 to 8 in just 40min. Maybe it's only the level cap for the demo and you can carry your save over to the full game?

Offline SoulfulLex

• A Member group
  • Self-Proclaimed Touhoumon Nerd
    • View Profile
    • RMXP Eye Candy
Re: August 9th Broadcast
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
At around the 23min mark he swaps out the save for a more complete one. The puppets on it are all at lv20 and gain no EXP after finishing fights. 20 might be the level cap. 20 seems kind of low though since he takes one puppet from like 3 to 8 in just 40min. Maybe it's only the level cap for the demo and you can carry your save over to the full game?

Yeah. Either Level 20 is the level cap for the Trial (or Chibi forms in general, though that may be less likely), or the more scary alternative: You stop getting Experience if you have a full roster and the puppets are at a certain level, indicating that the Experience earned from defeating the wild barely warrants any EXP distribution.

As for save files, I don't particularly mind if a new game needs to be started. Not to be pessimistic, but a great deal can change between the trial and the full release. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.