Author Topic: [WIP] Namazu  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Doesnt

• much sand. wow.
  • A Member group
  • ***************************************************************************************
    • View Profile
[WIP] Namazu
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:51:55 AM »
there are more sets and i need to test this more, but this thing deserves an analysis so here goes

Namazu
Type: Wind/Earth
Ability: Water Absorb
Base Stats: 150 HP, 80 Attack, 80 Defense, 80 Special Attack, 80 Special Defense, 40 Speed

The Win(d) Fish
Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EVs: 164 HP/172 Def/172 SDef
 - Discharge/Thunderbolt
 - Earthquake
 - Toxic/Poison Jab
 - Rest

With its mostly lackluster stats and narrow movepool, one might wonder why Namazu would be worth running at all. The answer lies in its typing- Wind/Earth with Water Absorb allows it to wall a number of threats, such as Attack Murasa, Nitori, and Helper Eirin. Namazu is best run on defensive teams, or on offensive teams needing an answer to Rain and Helper Eirin. Discharge is the preferred Wind STAB, as 30% paralysis rate gives it more opportunities to nap off Rest turns and makes up for its glacial speed- Thunderbolt can be used if you want more power or to avoid parahaxing targets such as Sariel. Earthquake gives Namazu a retort against specially bulky foes such as Benben, who can be stalled out. The third move is up to preference- Toxic allows you to put a timer on foes such as Sariel, Benben, and Rin, while Poison Jab lets you specifically maim Defense Kaguya.

todo: test and analyze curse fish
test and analyze charge beam fish (lol)
write up checks & counters (dkaguya, vanilla medicine, sara, spikers in general)
make main set description not stupid
i accidentally deleted your avatar so have 90 stars instead ~agastya

Offline joshcja

• A Member group
  • Burn Yo Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Namazu
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
If I remember right it was "well damn whats a rain stop that also beats birds and fires", 27 bad ideas get listed and then a ray of light shown down from the heavens as we all stood there confounded by the descending apparitions majesty. A single manly tear rolled down my cheek and I knew our king had returned to Gondor Shoddy, and his name was Fishy.

^ actually what happened.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:22:43 PM by joshcja »

Offline SG-Sanae

• A Member group
  • Sanae is a good girl
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Namazu
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »
Tenma is likely terrible for this fish - her faster Taunt/Sub blocks Toxic attempts and she is immune to both of its STABs. So unless you have Surf, she can easily set up on the fish.