Author Topic: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance Information  (Read 17751 times)

Offline EXSariel

• AKA The Jamminstein (as Agastya puts it)
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
Touhou Puppet Dance Performance Information
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »
Touhou Puppet Dance Performance is an upcoming game made by Hemogurobin A1C that signifies the next generation of the concept as a whole. After a long period of silence with just a simple teaser site available, information was finally released by Hemo and we have confirmed various details on it.

The game will see a trial release (physical copies only) during summer Comiket, which is slated to occur August 15th through the 17th. The full release will happen during the following winter Comiket, both in physical and digital form. The game will sell for approximately 2000 yen, or around $20.

You can look at the teaser website here. The official developer twitter is here. Other additional information, including a recording of the stream Hemo made prior to the announcement of this game can be found here.

This board is for discussion on this particular game, and is perfectly fine as long as it involves it. A few ground rules though:

• No talking about this game's relationship with Shoddy and the development thereof. This is mainly so that no one asks "will shoddy be updated for this." The short answer is "no," and the long answer is "noooooooooo."
  • Theorizing is okay and in fact, encouraged, but remember that theorizing holds no water and everything you're seeing as of right now is subject to change. There's no need to get upset over an aspect that may or may not even be in the final game.
  • However, this is no longer Touhou Puppet Play. Expect things to be different. While some things may stay the same, don't get into discussions here without first realizing that everything you know may potentially be wrong or different.
  • No one here is officially affiliated with the development of this game. (As far as I know) This is a fan forum and so, if you want to get more involved with the development of the game, you're going to have to check deeper resources. (And potentially learn japanese)

More info will be posted as it's translated and made available. For the rest of us, feel free to use this board to talk about the game and what may be in store.
I'm not here.

Offline DerxwnaKapsyla

• Administrator
  • A Member group
  • What is development and how do I game
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance Information
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »
  • No talking about this game's relationship with Shoddy and the development thereof. This is mainly so that no one asks "will shoddy be updated for this." The short answer is "no," and the long answer is "noooooooooo."

A quick thing to take into account when reading this thread for new people to the forum: There will be no need for a Shoddy-related server once Touhou Puppet Dance Performance is out. It has been stated on record that there will be built-in netplay functions, making the need for a simulator unneeded more or less.
I do the 2humons in RMXP

Offline EXSariel

• AKA The Jamminstein (as Agastya puts it)
  • Administrator
  • A Member group
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance Information
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »
For those wondering, that rule doesn't necessarily extend into Shoddy itself. While asking questions about Shoddy being developed for TPDP is obviously dumb, feel free to use Shoddy as a hang out or chat room for TPDP discussions and match ups when the final product does come out.
I'm not here.